Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxlade Chamberlain 15:26 - Aug 30 with 5436 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Really not sure what he's trying to achieve.

He's turned down Chelsea as he thinks they would want to use him as a wing back. Fair enough.

Wants to leave arsenal to play CM at a club. Fair enough.

But is he going to achieve that at Liverpool? He's no better than Henderson, Wijnaldum or Can.

Might be best served trying to get a CM role at Arsenal!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:32 - Aug 30 with 4036 viewsKieran_Knows

Wenger already tried him at CM and he was cr*p playing in that position. I think his best position has actually been at wing back, but as you say, not really sure what he's trying to achieve, even more so when Arsenal stuck £180k a week under his nose!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:36 - Aug 30 with 3996 viewsElderGrizzly

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:32 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

Wenger already tried him at CM and he was cr*p playing in that position. I think his best position has actually been at wing back, but as you say, not really sure what he's trying to achieve, even more so when Arsenal stuck £180k a week under his nose!

I was astonished Arsenal would offer that kind of wage. He's not that good and wasn't even a regular starter last season?

Good on him for not just going to Chelsea and i assume getting even more money, but LIverpool is a weird choice. Especially as they will be weakened by Coutinho leaving in 12 months.
Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:37 - Aug 30 with 3996 viewsNazemariner

I'ts refreshing that he's not just chasing the pound notes.

Although i suspect he is still earning them faster than he could burn them.
Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:37 - Aug 30 with 3989 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:36 - Aug 30 by ElderGrizzly

I was astonished Arsenal would offer that kind of wage. He's not that good and wasn't even a regular starter last season?

Good on him for not just going to Chelsea and i assume getting even more money, but LIverpool is a weird choice. Especially as they will be weakened by Coutinho leaving in 12 months.

I would be surprised if Chelsea offered him more than £180k.

I am amazed that arsenal (reportedly) offered him that amount.... even in todays market.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:38 - Aug 30 with 3985 viewschristiand

Liverpool are on the up and Chelsea are the current league champions both will be involved in the Champions League. Arsenal look like a club in real crisis and the rats are looking to leave the sinking ship, atmosphere seems very negative. Really don't understand Arsene Wenger's thought process and haven't for last 5+ years, but would not be surprised to see Sanchez, Mustafi and the Ox leave before 11pm tomorrow. Arsenal look shambolic on and off the pitch at the moment. They needed to start again end of last season, should of got rid of Wenger and give a few of first team players a kick up the ar*e, some are far too comfortable. I must say it reminds me a little of Ipswich Town, but on a lesser level particularly last season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:38 - Aug 30 with 3980 viewsCoastalblue

I was more than a little suprised that Chelsea wanted him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 3974 viewsRobTheMonk

He's grossly over estimating his abilities as a CM. Passing and positional sense are sh1te. However, he's a very good attacking winger.
Speaking of refreshing... on 15:39 - Aug 30 with 3977 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:37 - Aug 30 by Nazemariner

I'ts refreshing that he's not just chasing the pound notes.

Although i suspect he is still earning them faster than he could burn them.

...I love this... Harry Maguire turning up for england duty with ruck sack and bin bags, rather than the usual chavvy Luis Vuitton (?) bags.

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-08-28/harry-maguire-reports-for-england-d
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 15:39]

Login to get fewer ads

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:40 - Aug 30 with 3958 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:38 - Aug 30 by christiand

Liverpool are on the up and Chelsea are the current league champions both will be involved in the Champions League. Arsenal look like a club in real crisis and the rats are looking to leave the sinking ship, atmosphere seems very negative. Really don't understand Arsene Wenger's thought process and haven't for last 5+ years, but would not be surprised to see Sanchez, Mustafi and the Ox leave before 11pm tomorrow. Arsenal look shambolic on and off the pitch at the moment. They needed to start again end of last season, should of got rid of Wenger and give a few of first team players a kick up the ar*e, some are far too comfortable. I must say it reminds me a little of Ipswich Town, but on a lesser level particularly last season.

Yes, I can see that Chelsea and Liverpool are both CL clubs etc, but I dont see him getting regular first team football at either.

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:43 - Aug 30 with 3938 viewsElderGrizzly

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:38 - Aug 30 by Coastalblue

I was more than a little suprised that Chelsea wanted him.

I always thought Barkley is their real target and assumed OC was the back-up?
Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:44 - Aug 30 with 3933 viewsblue_oyster

The exact moment Oxlade Chamberlain decided to leave Arsenal.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 15:44]

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:47 - Aug 30 with 3905 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:44 - Aug 30 by blue_oyster

The exact moment Oxlade Chamberlain decided to leave Arsenal.

[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 15:44]

Hmm, given his performance at the weekend, I would question is concentration levels.

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:47 - Aug 30 with 3905 viewsrickw

I've seen him have very good games at CM, so he could do a job there, he's pacy and hard working so would fit in with Liverpool's style. I think he's seen Walcott/Gibbs/Wilshere stagnate and not fulfil their potential and is trying to change his own fortune.

Whether to him being better than Henderson, Wijnaldum or Can I don't think matters as there will be enough games for all 4 players into 3 positions, whether they're rotated or Ox just plays in cups and when there's injuries and suspensions.

He'll also probably play on the wing when Sane and Salah head off to the African Nations every other Jan/Feb

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:47 - Aug 30 with 3908 viewsartsbossbeard

Oxlade Chamberlain engineering a move then Drinkwater handing in a transfer request.

Oh, to be a bog average midfielder in today's game.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:58 - Aug 30 with 3830 viewsJ2BLUE

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:37 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I am amazed that arsenal (reportedly) offered him that amount.... even in todays market.

£180K a week for him?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jesus. £50k a week is insane for him. £180k is just ridiculous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:59 - Aug 30 with 3811 viewschristiand

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:40 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, I can see that Chelsea and Liverpool are both CL clubs etc, but I dont see him getting regular first team football at either.

The fact either of them have shown are interest would be enough. Arsenal certainly doesn't seem a happy club: Thousands of disgruntled fans, an unhappy squad of players and a manager that really doesn't seem to have any idea what players are needed to get them back to where they need to be. I honestly believe Wenger plays 3 at the back because Chelsea do it so well, but they have the personnel and a manager that believes in the system - Wenger doesn't wholeheartedly. For a club of Arsenal's stature to have only got one key signing in this summer, Alexandre Lacazette, is poor business. Even if you aren't a Gunners fan you could see they needed major investment over the summer to keep on the tails of top 4 and little has been done - they haven't got the excuse they are short of money either!! It can't be any fun being an Arsenal fan at the moment.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:00 - Aug 30 with 3801 viewshype313

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:37 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

According to various hacks, Chelsea offered £220k per week.

Unbelievable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Speaking of refreshing... on 16:14 - Aug 30 with 3743 viewsvilanovablue

Speaking of refreshing... on 15:39 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

...I love this... Harry Maguire turning up for england duty with ruck sack and bin bags, rather than the usual chavvy Luis Vuitton (?) bags.

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2017-08-28/harry-maguire-reports-for-england-d
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 15:39]

Love that, there are still some down to earth guys out there!
Speaking of refreshing... on 16:18 - Aug 30 with 3719 viewsrickw

Speaking of refreshing... on 16:14 - Aug 30 by vilanovablue

Love that, there are still some down to earth guys out there!

Or he might have brought an Adidas bag which is a competitor to England's Nike sponsor and FA people made him cover it up out of fear of upsetting them.....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:19 - Aug 30 with 3709 viewsKieran_Knows

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:00 - Aug 30 by hype313

According to various hacks, Chelsea offered £220k per week.

Unbelievable.

That's madness, really is for an average player.

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 3695 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Oxlade Chamberlain on 15:58 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

£180K a week for him?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jesus. £50k a week is insane for him. £180k is just ridiculous.

I've heard from someone in the know that it was not the reported 180k a week but in fact 150k

Which is still a crazy offer

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:25 - Aug 30 with 3690 viewsKieran_Knows

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:24 - Aug 30 by The_Romford_Blue

I've heard from someone in the know that it was not the reported 180k a week but in fact 150k

£150K a week for him?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Jesus. £50k a week is insane for him. £150k is just ridiculous.

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:27 - Aug 30 with 3679 viewsJ2BLUE

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:24 - Aug 30 by The_Romford_Blue

At a certain point it must just be numbers? Apart from numbers on a screen what difference is there between £75k a week and £150k? Perhaps it's just me because material stuff doesn't interest me all that much but I don't see how day to day life would be any different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:36 - Aug 30 with 3626 viewsblue_oyster

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:27 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

At a certain point it must just be numbers? Apart from numbers on a screen what difference is there between £75k a week and £150k? Perhaps it's just me because material stuff doesn't interest me all that much but I don't see how day to day life would be any different.

I've often wondered this, as the numbers continue to go up and up at seemingly an exponential rate. The agent must sell it as a package, firstly the cars they will have, followed by the yacht(s), then moving up to the private jet. Then the property portfolio. God knows what else they would pile in. And then of course, his own large cut.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:42 - Aug 30 with 3604 viewshype313

Oxlade Chamberlain on 16:27 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

Nope, I'm the same, a loaf of bread is still the same price regardless of £75k or £150k, likewise houses, not many people in this country are earning footballers wages, which is why the prices reflect that (could say London is footballers prices..)

The other thing I hear is a footballers career is short, now 30-40 years ago that rang true, so they had to maximise their earning potential, but an average midfielder on £80k a week in the PL will never have to worry about employment post career

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024