Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 wins in 7 17:24 - Sep 16 with 17504 viewsBlueNomad

and the moaning on here is still at Olympian proportions. What will it need for some people to stop moaning?
5 wins in 7 on 17:27 - Sep 16 with 8565 viewsKieran_Knows

Nothing. Genuinely nothing will stop people moaning and putting a negative spin on anything that happens at ITFC at the minute.

3 points is 3 points. I honestly couldn't care less how they come.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

5 wins in 7 on 17:28 - Sep 16 with 8550 viewsFtnfwest

If you you win the Olympic moaning contest with 2 moans in 45 minutes I guess you're right.
5 wins in 7 on 17:41 - Sep 16 with 8481 viewsRIPbobby

I'm not sure if this is a positive or a negative, but this season seems a lot like the last playoff season. We nicked lots of wins at PR and we often walked away after the match thinking "how did we win that?".

It is a strange situation. But consider this... Would you be satisfied if we won EVERY home match in a season 1-0 with a first minute goal each time and then see a terrible 89 minutes. I still cannot answer this myself. Hmmm?
5 wins in 7 on 17:46 - Sep 16 with 8446 viewshtb

5 wins in 7 on 17:41 - Sep 16 by RIPbobby

I'm not sure if this is a positive or a negative, but this season seems a lot like the last playoff season. We nicked lots of wins at PR and we often walked away after the match thinking "how did we win that?".

It is a strange situation. But consider this... Would you be satisfied if we won EVERY home match in a season 1-0 with a first minute goal each time and then see a terrible 89 minutes. I still cannot answer this myself. Hmmm?

Some of us want a bit of style in the play. Expect we will finish mid table again and crowd numbers will continue to decline. I will carry on moaning until we start playing some attractive football. MaCarthy out!
5 wins in 7 on 18:11 - Sep 16 with 8365 viewsBlueNomad

5 wins in 7 on 17:46 - Sep 16 by htb

Some of us want a bit of style in the play. Expect we will finish mid table again and crowd numbers will continue to decline. I will carry on moaning until we start playing some attractive football. MaCarthy out!

The last sentence is laughable. It's not always pretty but realistically who will do better. Remember too the number of players who are unavailable.
5 wins in 7 on 18:15 - Sep 16 with 8344 viewsjas0999

It was a good three points today, but I don't see anything wrong in people saying the performance, particularly first half, was negative and dull. I would say it's a moan, but a realistic comment based on fact. Just like we won - fact.

Being in the play offs is a big positive. Was it great today? Not for me but a decent win nonetheless.
5 wins in 7 on 18:19 - Sep 16 with 8328 viewsbraveblue

Entertaining football. Had enough of the boring variety. You might not agree but with the start we have had it just shows how fed up people are. Can't argue with the numbers which includes all season ticket holders there or not.
5 wins in 7 on 18:40 - Sep 16 with 8261 viewsGuthrum

5 wins in 7 on 17:46 - Sep 16 by htb

We may need to gain promotion (the riches and better players which come along with that) before we can do the fancy football. Things have changed since 1996.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

5 wins in 7 on 18:45 - Sep 16 with 8240 viewsOsborneOneNil

5 wins in 7 on 18:11 - Sep 16 by BlueNomad

The last sentence is laughable. It's not always pretty but realistically who will do better. Remember too the number of players who are unavailable.

To counter that, I think that many will claim, quite rightly, that the performances have been dull for 3 or 4 years....the current injury situation has nothing to do with it.
5 wins in 7 on 19:00 - Sep 16 with 8223 viewsDyland

Were you there Praggers? Three points is three points, every right thinking Town fan will take that. But it was a poor performance, against a very poor Bolton side.

I don't know who would do better on the resources given by Evans, but now there is a clearly talented crop of youngsters coming through we need to take a step back, so to speak, to take two and more steps forward. McCarthy is stubborn and prosaic. He deserves credit for his work here but he is not the manager to progress the team/club.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

5 wins in 7 on 19:09 - Sep 16 with 8186 viewsDyland

5 wins in 7 on 18:19 - Sep 16 by braveblue

Entertaining football. Had enough of the boring variety. You might not agree but with the start we have had it just shows how fed up people are. Can't argue with the numbers which includes all season ticket holders there or not.

There was nowhere near the official attendance in today. Emptiest and quietest I've seen it since Evans took over.

And we won.

And we are a game in hand off top.

Speaks VOLUMES as to what Town fans want collectively. Like it or not, football clubs are, in essence, the fans. And yes we have some numbskull fans, home and away, but so do all football clubs.

The only thing that will unite us again is we play football where we keep possession and without fear. Does Mick give a sh1t? Nope. His job is to win games even if it's a grind.

Had enough tbh.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

5 wins in 7 on 19:14 - Sep 16 with 8157 viewsstantheman

5 wins in 7 on 18:15 - Sep 16 by jas0999

It was a good three points today, but I don't see anything wrong in people saying the performance, particularly first half, was negative and dull. I would say it's a moan, but a realistic comment based on fact. Just like we won - fact.

Being in the play offs is a big positive. Was it great today? Not for me but a decent win nonetheless.

During the last few seasons we would have lost against a team playing like Bolton did today. At least we have a few characters in the squad now who can stand up to bullying tactics. Not pretty but I doubt many teams will walk rings round them, especially if there are no early goals to bring them out of the shells.
5 wins in 7 on 19:26 - Sep 16 with 8132 viewsParisBlue

It's been a decent start in respect of points return however there are sterner tests ahead. We've played the bottom 3 and of the teams we've played only QPR are in the top half (Fulham are 14th).

You can only beat what is put in front of you of course and the next 3 games look like providing different challenges.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

5 wins in 7 on 19:30 - Sep 16 with 8121 viewsLeoMuff

5 wins in 7 on 19:14 - Sep 16 by stantheman

During the last few seasons we would have lost against a team playing like Bolton did today. At least we have a few characters in the squad now who can stand up to bullying tactics. Not pretty but I doubt many teams will walk rings round them, especially if there are no early goals to bring them out of the shells.

We finished 6th and 7th in 2 of the last 3 seasons, so I doubt it.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

5 wins in 7 on 19:35 - Sep 16 with 8106 viewspointofblue

5 wins in 7 on 18:15 - Sep 16 by jas0999

Home or away I can't remember us putting together two decent halves of football in a match this season. Against Birmingham, Brentford and today we were turgid in the first half and improved in the second, were awful against Fulham and against QPR we struggled at the start but were just getting back into it when they scored. Barnsley could have been out of sight at Oakwell before the half times changes and Millwall pushed us back, particularly in the second half.

We can't keep playing turgid, dull, one dimensional football and expect to get away with it - especially against the better teams in the division as the game against Fulham proved. That's a Fulham side who have won only one other game all season.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 wins in 7 on 20:33 - Sep 16 with 8026 viewsmikeybloo88

5 wins in 7 on 19:35 - Sep 16 by pointofblue

Home or away I can't remember us putting together two decent halves of football in a match this season. Against Birmingham, Brentford and today we were turgid in the first half and improved in the second, were awful against Fulham and against QPR we struggled at the start but were just getting back into it when they scored. Barnsley could have been out of sight at Oakwell before the half times changes and Millwall pushed us back, particularly in the second half.

We can't keep playing turgid, dull, one dimensional football and expect to get away with it - especially against the better teams in the division as the game against Fulham proved. That's a Fulham side who have won only one other game all season.

Well said mate...but you'll get lynched for daring to suggest we might actually not be very good and have got lucky in many games. We're blooming brilliant, don't you know?
5 wins in 7 on 20:40 - Sep 16 with 8013 viewsstantheman

5 wins in 7 on 19:30 - Sep 16 by LeoMuff

We finished 6th and 7th in 2 of the last 3 seasons, so I doubt it.

What?
5 wins in 7 on 20:54 - Sep 16 with 7983 viewsLeoMuff

5 wins in 7 on 20:40 - Sep 16 by stantheman

What?

It means we wouldn't have lost in the last few seasons under MM

The only Muff in Town.

5 wins in 7 on 21:05 - Sep 16 with 7955 viewspowinswitch

Wasn't there today, I'm in Turkey. But very evident that it was a poor first half, and a mixture of half time sub, plus Skuse's goal lead to a significant improvement throughout the second half.

Why are we so dull, week after week. For two years now. What it takes for some to stop moaning, is for them to no longer attend. So our crowds have reduced over last three or four seasons, and that means we generate less income. Which in turn means we can attract lower paid footballers. Which generally produce less attractive football.

It is now a self feeding situation which will only be addressed when the football improves over a sustained period. Which will be after McCarthy goes
5 wins in 7 on 21:11 - Sep 16 with 7942 viewstextbackup

if you watched that today and can honestly say youre happy with it then I think you need help, theres a thing called "the bigger picture" to consider, all well and good thinking "thank the lord, 3 points today" but you seriously need to look at how poor we were in that first half.
had that been qpr/sheff utd/wolves etc today we lose that, no questions about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

5 wins in 7 on 21:26 - Sep 16 with 7910 viewsartsbossbeard

5 wins in 7 on 19:35 - Sep 16 by pointofblue

Christ. It must be really tough for you when we win and we're up against the odds you've highlighted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

5 wins in 7 on 21:47 - Sep 16 with 7861 viewspointofblue

5 wins in 7 on 21:26 - Sep 16 by artsbossbeard

Christ. It must be really tough for you when we win and we're up against the odds you've highlighted.

I don't we should be as 'against the odds' as we appear - though we have had injuries and with a fully fit squad maybe we'll put together better performances. But the OP asked why people are still protesting and this is why; maybe it's because many of us are stuck in the past but even as recently Ipswich fans have been bred on fluid, attacking, passing football and that hasn't been consistently present since the first part of 2014/2015.

Perhaps it's understandable why, due to the budget constraints etc., but it doesn't make it any less galling.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

5 wins in 7 on 21:47 - Sep 16 with 7859 viewsLeoMuff

5 wins in 7 on 21:05 - Sep 16 by powinswitch

Wasn't there today, I'm in Turkey. But very evident that it was a poor first half, and a mixture of half time sub, plus Skuse's goal lead to a significant improvement throughout the second half.

Why are we so dull, week after week. For two years now. What it takes for some to stop moaning, is for them to no longer attend. So our crowds have reduced over last three or four seasons, and that means we generate less income. Which in turn means we can attract lower paid footballers. Which generally produce less attractive football.

It is now a self feeding situation which will only be addressed when the football improves over a sustained period. Which will be after McCarthy goes

Why will we improve if he goes ? We pay in the lower mid table in wages, there's a much higher probability we will get worse if he leaves.

Remember before MM Evans employed Jewell, and Keane, you think he will suddenly find the next Wagner ?

The only Muff in Town.

5 wins in 7 on 22:20 - Sep 16 with 7807 viewsMach_foreignBlue

5 wins in 7 on 21:26 - Sep 16 by artsbossbeard

Arts what is wrong with that post?

People voice their opinions/concerns. Those who aren't happy clappers themselves are being knocked down by you.

If you accept everything re club/results and all is rosy for you that's your stance. But pointofblue was bang right with his opinion.

Did you go to QPR for example? If not why do you slate pointofblue? I did and we were absolutely pathetic and lacked any attacking intent. And after matches like that and you and 'all is fine + Mick is Super' brigade slate those who 'dare' to voice their displeasure.

Celina last week and Celina today made a difference as this slow, defensively minded team lacks a creativity.
We won today but tell me you were happy with the line-up and approach. Flat back five with a central midfield 'protecting' them against BOTTOM TEAM. I wasn't and call me a moaner, bedwetter etc etc. McCarthy will not change his defensive approaches so no wonder that some aren't happy with that.

You accept everything and all is cool for you but others are entitled to their views too.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2017 22:23]
POST OF THE DAY on 22:38 - Sep 16 with 7764 viewsunstableblue

5 wins in 7 on 21:11 - Sep 16 by textbackup

if you watched that today and can honestly say youre happy with it then I think you need help, theres a thing called "the bigger picture" to consider, all well and good thinking "thank the lord, 3 points today" but you seriously need to look at how poor we were in that first half.
had that been qpr/sheff utd/wolves etc today we lose that, no questions about it

Can I add a number your bigger picture point - 14,164!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024