Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's a thought... 10:05 - Sep 17 with 4991 viewsITFCGloryDays

Let's say Webster comes through the U23's game at Forest on Tuesday and he's chosen for Leeds away, and I know it's an if.

But for the RB role you now have Spence, Iorfa and Connolly.

Choices, choices...
Here's a thought... on 10:11 - Sep 17 with 4953 viewsRonFearonsHair

Easily Spence from what I've seen. Though I felt a bit sorry for Connolly yesterday, he may be much better suited to being a fullback than a wing-back for all I know.
Here's a thought... on 10:13 - Sep 17 with 4931 viewsSuperfrans

I'd hope we'll stick with yesterday's formation. My team would be:

Bart
Iorfa Chambers Webster
Spence Ward Skuse Downs Kenlock
McGoldrick
Garner

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Here's a thought... on 10:30 - Sep 17 with 4872 viewsnodge_blue

I thought Connolly was poor. At least twice he should have competed for headers and barely left the ground. He doesnt seem an improvement on what we already have.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Here's a thought... on 10:37 - Sep 17 with 4846 viewsCurrie10

Here's a thought... on 10:13 - Sep 17 by Superfrans

Bart
Iorfa Chambers Webster
McGoldrick
Garner

No Adeymi or Celina?
Here's a thought... on 11:24 - Sep 17 with 4757 viewsNo9

Truth be told, the back 3 were not bad yesterday. Considering they had never played together ina league game before they did well.
The real problem was the 5 in front of them leaderless & dysfunctional
Here's a thought... on 12:42 - Sep 17 with 4689 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Bart
Iorfa Chambers Webster
McGoldrick
Garner

Problem is though that the 3 at the back inevitably becomes a 5 and the midfield gets overrun and our wing backs get isolated. I think that we are much better playing 4-4-2. I'd play the 11 that started the second half.

Poll: Our final position

Here's a thought... on 12:45 - Sep 17 with 4684 viewsSuperfrans

Here's a thought... on 10:37 - Sep 17 by Currie10

No Adeymi or Celina?

Thought our midfield worked less well yesterday than it has with Downs this season.

And I don't think Celina is ready. He's obv highly talented, very skilful and has it in him to be better that Lawrence, Fraser and Williams - he's the kind of player who, in time, could well look at home in the very best teams in Europe and England.

But he's not the finished article yet. His positioning needs improving - he too often was in the wrong place to receive the ball when we were in possession yesterday. He needs to be a bit more aware of his surroundings, where the rest of his team are and where the space is - he needs a bit of coaching in that respect.

And he needs to be told to relax, calm down. He's too head-down when he has the ball, he tries to do too much every time he has the ball. He has a lot to contribute, but he's too desperate to deliver something extraordinary every time he gets the ball.

He's not far away, but needs managing carefully first, imho.

Here's a thought... on 12:53 - Sep 17 with 4663 viewsolimar

Here's a thought... on 10:11 - Sep 17 by RonFearonsHair

Easily Spence from what I've seen. Though I felt a bit sorry for Connolly yesterday, he may be much better suited to being a fullback than a wing-back for all I know.

I think Spence increasingly looks the part at CB. Id be inclined to keep him there, though granted Webster is a real talent.
Login to get fewer ads

Here's a thought... on 12:55 - Sep 17 with 4655 viewsolimar

Bart
Iorfa Chambers Webster
McGoldrick
Garner

As per other message, Id be inclined to keep Spence at CB, hes looked comfortable there. Though obviously there will be some competition for that.
Here's a thought... on 12:56 - Sep 17 with 4649 viewsITFCBlues

Here's a thought... on 12:45 - Sep 17 by Superfrans

Thought our midfield worked less well yesterday than it has with Downs this season.

And I don't think Celina is ready. He's obv highly talented, very skilful and has it in him to be better that Lawrence, Fraser and Williams - he's the kind of player who, in time, could well look at home in the very best teams in Europe and England.

But he's not the finished article yet. His positioning needs improving - he too often was in the wrong place to receive the ball when we were in possession yesterday. He needs to be a bit more aware of his surroundings, where the rest of his team are and where the space is - he needs a bit of coaching in that respect.

And he needs to be told to relax, calm down. He's too head-down when he has the ball, he tries to do too much every time he has the ball. He has a lot to contribute, but he's too desperate to deliver something extraordinary every time he gets the ball.

I think he's just eager to impress hence why he gets the ball and does his own thing.

He should be starting - we've looked much better with him of the pitch

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Here's a thought... on 15:09 - Sep 17 with 4512 viewsSuperfrans

Here's a thought... on 12:56 - Sep 17 by ITFCBlues

I think he's just eager to impress hence why he gets the ball and does his own thing.

He should be starting - we've looked much better with him of the pitch

Yes, he's definitely eager to impress. But he does need to calm down and relax.

Given his talent and technically ability, he simply doesn't affect the game enough though. It has been the same whenever I've seen him.

Here's a thought... on 16:35 - Sep 17 with 4399 viewsBluedandy

Here's a thought... on 15:09 - Sep 17 by Superfrans

Given his talent and technically ability, he simply doesn't affect the game enough though. It has been the same whenever I've seen him.

What? Celina is more than ready.

We were hopeless going forward in the first half and rejuvenated in second half in no small part because of Celina's contribution.

He brings a whole new dimension to our attack, we do not have the luxury of using his talents sparingly.

Consistently frightened Bolton rearguard ... they even tripped him up when he didn't have the ball.

The more Celina plays the better he will get ... he is an entertainer and that is what this club so desperately needs ... just look at the attendance figure.
Here's a thought... on 16:40 - Sep 17 with 4382 viewstextbackup

Spence all day long. Everton lad didn't have a great 45 yesterday, and Iorfa looked pissed

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Here's a thought... on 16:50 - Sep 17 with 4370 viewsBackToRussia

Here's a thought... on 15:09 - Sep 17 by Superfrans

He's probably only had about 2 hours game time and he's scored one and set up one that I can think of just off the top of my head.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Here's a thought... on 17:25 - Sep 17 with 4325 viewstextbackup

Here's a thought... on 12:45 - Sep 17 by Superfrans

Yeah, but Adeyemi over Ward, surely?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Here's a thought... on 18:10 - Sep 17 with 4261 viewsSuperfrans

Here's a thought... on 17:25 - Sep 17 by textbackup

Yeah, but Adeyemi over Ward, surely?!

No. I like Ward. Good player.

Here's a thought... on 18:14 - Sep 17 with 4249 viewsSuperfrans

Here's a thought... on 16:35 - Sep 17 by Bluedandy

What? Celina is more than ready.

We were hopeless going forward in the first half and rejuvenated in second half in no small part because of Celina's contribution.

He brings a whole new dimension to our attack, we do not have the luxury of using his talents sparingly.

Consistently frightened Bolton rearguard ... they even tripped him up when he didn't have the ball.

The more Celina plays the better he will get ... he is an entertainer and that is what this club so desperately needs ... just look at the attendance figure.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Don't doubt at all that he's a talented player. But he needs more discipline.

We weren't "rejuvenated" in the second half. He made 2/3 half runs, but produced very little. He played no part in either goal. In fact McGoldick made one and scored the other. If anyone deserves acclaim, it's him.

Don't get me wrong. Celina will come good, I have no doubt about it. But he needs handling carefully and coaching.

Here's a thought... on 19:30 - Sep 17 with 4156 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think there's any chance of Webster starting on Saturday, missed a lot of pre-season and was behind the rest before he suffered his injury. Will need at least one more U23s game after Tuesday, I would have thought.
Here's a thought... on 19:31 - Sep 17 with 4149 viewschicoazul

Mick will almost definitely leave the defence as it is after a clean sheet.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Here's a thought... on 20:21 - Sep 17 with 4099 viewsSuperfrans

Here's a thought... on 19:31 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

Mick will almost definitely leave the defence as it is after a clean sheet.

Spence and Iorfa were both excellent, I thought. Throwing themselves in front of shots, left right and centre.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024