Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM not taking responsibility 09:17 - Sep 19 with 40002 viewsCaptMickMills

On Alan Brazil show MM said again he can't do anything about low crowds but only win games.
Rubbish - his dire boring tactics are responsible for reduction of season ticket holders and crowds over last 2 years. High prices also contribute to this but club are now doing something about this.
Need Mick to try to set up for attacking football at home especially against lower placed clubs not just matching up tactics.
I would accept odd defeat if entertaining with goals and developing young players.
My aspirations for Town are not very high now but just want to be entertained when I go and to be able to celebrate some goals.
Only 4 teams in the league.... on 10:52 - Sep 19 with 6377 viewsbluewein

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 10:48 - Sep 19 by homer_123

What more would you like at this point?

21 points.
All out attacking play winning every game 6-0.
Every player to be from the academy and yet each one to be worth at least £10 million.
Tickets to be a pound (50p on the gate)
50,000 attendances.

At a guess.

(Probably still won't be happy as taking a corner will mean it's a "hoof")

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

MM not taking responsibility on 10:56 - Sep 19 with 6360 viewsSouthBucksBlue

MM not taking responsibility on 09:20 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

Mick's remit here is to win football matches and to finish as high up the league as possible, he's quite right in what he says.

Is it? If so that's the cause of the problem.
MM not taking responsibility on 11:00 - Sep 19 with 6347 viewsbluewein

MM not taking responsibility on 10:56 - Sep 19 by SouthBucksBlue

Is it? If so that's the cause of the problem.

The problem is trying to win games..?

I'm looking forward to this one...

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:00 - Sep 19 with 6351 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 10:48 - Sep 19 by homer_123

What more would you like at this point?

No, decent start can't dispute that Homer, however don't get too excited we've played probably one team out of those seven that have got a real chance to make the top 8 (Fulham).

Just love how the MM inners circle round like vultures picking at any comment that remotely disagrees with their own view. All I'm saying is we really haven't played anyone of note- apart from Fulham- who lets face it gave us a footballing lesson. We've got a run of fixtures that will really test us, lets see how we sit after 12 games. Make no mistake there has been little improvement in the quality of football on offer, that seems to be suddenly forgotten. I will put my neck on the line and say, the cost has nothing to do with my lack of attendance at PR, it is solely down to the 'quality' of football being served up......it's a waste of money! Now pick the flesh off that carcass.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Exactly, seems silly to..... on 11:02 - Sep 19 with 6333 viewsBloots

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 10:46 - Sep 19 by christiand

We've 'only' played 7 league games....just saying!

....be writing the season off as a disaster already.

Each to their own though eh?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

MM not taking responsibility on 11:03 - Sep 19 with 6333 viewsFixed_It

MM not taking responsibility on 11:00 - Sep 19 by bluewein

The problem is trying to win games..?

I'm looking forward to this one...

No. He tries not to lose and must be really peed off that we have won 5 out of 7...
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 11:04]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

"Nothing to do with cost"..... on 11:05 - Sep 19 with 6321 viewsBloots

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:00 - Sep 19 by christiand

No, decent start can't dispute that Homer, however don't get too excited we've played probably one team out of those seven that have got a real chance to make the top 8 (Fulham).

Just love how the MM inners circle round like vultures picking at any comment that remotely disagrees with their own view. All I'm saying is we really haven't played anyone of note- apart from Fulham- who lets face it gave us a footballing lesson. We've got a run of fixtures that will really test us, lets see how we sit after 12 games. Make no mistake there has been little improvement in the quality of football on offer, that seems to be suddenly forgotten. I will put my neck on the line and say, the cost has nothing to do with my lack of attendance at PR, it is solely down to the 'quality' of football being served up......it's a waste of money! Now pick the flesh off that carcass.

...."it's a waste of money".

Gotcha.

Exactly, seems silly to..... on 11:07 - Sep 19 with 6308 viewschristiand

Exactly, seems silly to..... on 11:02 - Sep 19 by Bloots

....be writing the season off as a disaster already.

Each to their own though eh?

Who has actually said that?! I was pointing out we'd only played 7 games (don't get too excited and a fact), just another 39 games to go. How is that writing off the season? Dear me, that is a little sensitive Bloots.

Login to get fewer ads

I was agreeing with you..... on 11:09 - Sep 19 with 6300 viewsBloots

Exactly, seems silly to..... on 11:07 - Sep 19 by christiand

Who has actually said that?! I was pointing out we'd only played 7 games (don't get too excited and a fact), just another 39 games to go. How is that writing off the season? Dear me, that is a little sensitive Bloots.

....we've only played 7 games.

Too early to get excited, like some are.

Too early to write it off, like some are.

Sensitive indeed.

"Nothing to do with cost"..... on 11:10 - Sep 19 with 6298 viewschristiand

"Nothing to do with cost"..... on 11:05 - Sep 19 by Bloots

...."it's a waste of money".

Gotcha.

'quality' was within inverted commas...... read more carefully.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:11 - Sep 19 with 6293 viewsLankHenners

" the MM inners circle round like vultures picking at any comment that remotely disagrees with their own view". No, that's called reading something they disagree with and challenging it, and you do the same thing back. It's called a discussion.

For someone who complains about people disagreeing with others, you seem awfully intolerant of people holding a different view to you, as well as the tone of your post coming across as if you're hoping we go on a losing streak so you can be proved 'right'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I was agreeing with you..... on 11:11 - Sep 19 with 6289 viewschristiand

I was agreeing with you..... on 11:09 - Sep 19 by Bloots

....we've only played 7 games.

Too early to get excited, like some are.

Too early to write it off, like some are.

Sensitive indeed.

Oh, I forgot you just twist certain facts to suit your own agenda, silly me!! My mistake Bloots.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:13 - Sep 19 with 6278 viewsHerbivore

Obvious armchair fan is obvious.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

You don't agree then.....? on 11:16 - Sep 19 with 6259 viewsBloots

I was agreeing with you..... on 11:11 - Sep 19 by christiand

Oh, I forgot you just twist certain facts to suit your own agenda, silly me!! My mistake Bloots.

....fair enough.

Your choice.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:16 - Sep 19 with 6256 viewsArcher4721

I support ITFC. I want to see us win.

Now pick the flesh off that carcass.
MM not taking responsibility on 11:20 - Sep 19 with 6241 viewsHerbivore

MM not taking responsibility on 10:06 - Sep 19 by chicoazul

Hmmm. I am never convinced by this argument. Football is after all a part of the entertainment industry. But I do think people will poke up with in their opinion "bad football" if the wins continue to come.

I am never convinced by the 'football is an entertainment' business argument either. I don't think of going to Portman Road as being remotely like going to the cinema or the theatre and I don't think any real fan views it that way. It's a sport, we support a particular sports team, we should be wanting them to win first and foremost.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 11:26]

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:21 - Sep 19 with 6236 viewsbluewein

With regards to the "we've played no one" argument...

http://www.skysports.com/leeds-united-results

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:25 - Sep 19 with 6225 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:11 - Sep 19 by LankHenners

" the MM inners circle round like vultures picking at any comment that remotely disagrees with their own view". No, that's called reading something they disagree with and challenging it, and you do the same thing back. It's called a discussion.

For someone who complains about people disagreeing with others, you seem awfully intolerant of people holding a different view to you, as well as the tone of your post coming across as if you're hoping we go on a losing streak so you can be proved 'right'.

Henners, to be fair it doesn't matter what anyone writes on here, people just twist things to suit their own own agenda. You're either a MM in or a MM out, there is no grey area as this is highlighted daily. The inners all group together to protect their view and the outers too, don't let facts get in the way of your own argument.

You inners are certainly not perfect or morally better, if anything just as bad : 'Quiet on here tonight, did we win?' Lets get one thing straight I never want us to lose, but make no mistake I hate the football we play and the identify of the club at the moment and that is where my frustration lies. Yes, great if you pay your money to watch that, but you are no more of a fan that chooses not to because of it.

Bottom-line is great start, but it is only 7 games...keep it in perspective!

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:29 - Sep 19 with 6207 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:13 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

Obvious armchair fan is obvious.

What you know about football you could write on the back of a first class stamp fan...obvious!?

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:31 - Sep 19 with 6200 viewsHerbivore

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:25 - Sep 19 by christiand

Henners, to be fair it doesn't matter what anyone writes on here, people just twist things to suit their own own agenda. You're either a MM in or a MM out, there is no grey area as this is highlighted daily. The inners all group together to protect their view and the outers too, don't let facts get in the way of your own argument.

You inners are certainly not perfect or morally better, if anything just as bad : 'Quiet on here tonight, did we win?' Lets get one thing straight I never want us to lose, but make no mistake I hate the football we play and the identify of the club at the moment and that is where my frustration lies. Yes, great if you pay your money to watch that, but you are no more of a fan that chooses not to because of it.

Bottom-line is great start, but it is only 7 games...keep it in perspective!

What's all this inners and outers nonsense? I'm a Town fan, I want to see us do well not win some stupid argument on the internet about whether our manager should stay or not. I felt Mick should've gone after last season but he didn't and we've since made some decent signings and a very good start to the season, maybe time to swallow your pride and actually support the team you purport to support? It's the people you see as 'outers' who seem desperate to seek fault and for us to slip up to try to justify themselves, it's pathetic. The rest of us just want Town to do well.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:32 - Sep 19 with 6194 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:21 - Sep 19 by bluewein

With regards to the "we've played no one" argument...

http://www.skysports.com/leeds-united-results

Barnsley, Millwall, Bolton and QPR all to finish in the top 6 then Bluewin? Come on, get real. You know it and I know it that just won't happen.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:32 - Sep 19 with 6192 viewsHerbivore

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:29 - Sep 19 by christiand

What you know about football you could write on the back of a first class stamp fan...obvious!?

Yeah, that didn't really work. You need to relax and enjoy the season, it might help you to be less ranty.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:36 - Sep 19 with 6183 viewsbluewein

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:32 - Sep 19 by christiand

Barnsley, Millwall, Bolton and QPR all to finish in the top 6 then Bluewin? Come on, get real. You know it and I know it that just won't happen.

So you didn't look at who Leeds have played so far then.

Do you think Birmingham, Burton, Forest, Preston and Sunderland will be up there? I highly doubt it.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:38 - Sep 19 with 6173 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:31 - Sep 19 by Herbivore

What's all this inners and outers nonsense? I'm a Town fan, I want to see us do well not win some stupid argument on the internet about whether our manager should stay or not. I felt Mick should've gone after last season but he didn't and we've since made some decent signings and a very good start to the season, maybe time to swallow your pride and actually support the team you purport to support? It's the people you see as 'outers' who seem desperate to seek fault and for us to slip up to try to justify themselves, it's pathetic. The rest of us just want Town to do well.

We all want the team to do well, but the way we play is not the way forward and so short term, it just seems we have accepted it, why? Can you really imagine us in the Premier League under MM? I still believe a good football coach would get this same squad of players playing a better brand of football.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:40 - Sep 19 with 6169 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:36 - Sep 19 by bluewein

So you didn't look at who Leeds have played so far then.

Do you think Birmingham, Burton, Forest, Preston and Sunderland will be up there? I highly doubt it.

Honest question Bluewein, do you think Leeds have got a better chance of us finishing in the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024