Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM not taking responsibility 09:17 - Sep 19 with 40000 viewsCaptMickMills

On Alan Brazil show MM said again he can't do anything about low crowds but only win games.
Rubbish - his dire boring tactics are responsible for reduction of season ticket holders and crowds over last 2 years. High prices also contribute to this but club are now doing something about this.
Need Mick to try to set up for attacking football at home especially against lower placed clubs not just matching up tactics.
I would accept odd defeat if entertaining with goals and developing young players.
My aspirations for Town are not very high now but just want to be entertained when I go and to be able to celebrate some goals.
Loyal......? on 16:09 - Sep 19 with 4488 viewsBloots

MM not taking responsibility on 16:02 - Sep 19 by sundaze

Wrong. There are many Town fans that will tell you different, many long standing loyal season ticket holders that could not endure another season of traveling to Portman Road guessing how many defensive players he could fit into the team.

......and by the way, it's almost always been 6, including the goalkeeper, like almost every football team.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Loyal......? (n/t) on 18:08 - Sep 19 with 4447 viewssundaze

Loyal......? on 16:09 - Sep 19 by Bloots

......and by the way, it's almost always been 6, including the goalkeeper, like almost every football team.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 18:36 - Sep 19 with 4423 viewsstantheman

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 12:22 - Sep 19 by christiand

Based on what exactly? Make no mistake I like your optimism, but I'm more a realist. I would love it if we finish in the top 6, but I'm basing this on my own footballing knowledge. ITFC don't play good enough football to sustain a top 6 challenge (even with players back), there are at least 10 teams stronger than us in this league and I'm not convinced that we are good enough defensively or offensively when it matters.

Your opinion is that the current type of play will not get us anywhere near promotion so that's why you are an outer and do not go. What if it does get us nearer as the season progresses. Does your opinion change? Don't say you know it will not happen as no one knows that. Just humour me here.
Only 4 teams in the league.... on 19:03 - Sep 19 with 4415 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 18:36 - Sep 19 by stantheman

Your opinion is that the current type of play will not get us anywhere near promotion so that's why you are an outer and do not go. What if it does get us nearer as the season progresses. Does your opinion change? Don't say you know it will not happen as no one knows that. Just humour me here.

I've said this consistently throughout this thread that the start is very encouraging and I certainly don't rejoice in a defeat, which some have implied, amazingly I'm even more annoyed. If by a minor miracle we are pushing for promotion come April/May then I'll stand corrected, eat my own hat and admit MM was right all along. However, based on football logic, our style of play just isn't conducive for a top 6 side or good enough over the course of a 46 game season. Yes we have injuries so those coming back should improve us further, but good enough for a promotion push? I very much doubt it. Again it's my opinion, if we finish in the top 10, I'll be very surprised Stantheman. Will your opinion change if we are languishing mid table come the end of the season? Just humour me.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 19:16 - Sep 19 with 4411 viewsLeoMuff

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 19:03 - Sep 19 by christiand

I've said this consistently throughout this thread that the start is very encouraging and I certainly don't rejoice in a defeat, which some have implied, amazingly I'm even more annoyed. If by a minor miracle we are pushing for promotion come April/May then I'll stand corrected, eat my own hat and admit MM was right all along. However, based on football logic, our style of play just isn't conducive for a top 6 side or good enough over the course of a 46 game season. Yes we have injuries so those coming back should improve us further, but good enough for a promotion push? I very much doubt it. Again it's my opinion, if we finish in the top 10, I'll be very surprised Stantheman. Will your opinion change if we are languishing mid table come the end of the season? Just humour me.

Mid table would be progress after last season and MM will get a new contract.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

MM not taking responsibility on 19:20 - Sep 19 with 4409 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

MM not taking responsibility on 10:24 - Sep 19 by SitfcB

You rather see entertaining football and lose? Hahahaha.

Give me a win over performance any day.

I've always said the same

As J2 has been saying, last year the mick outlets banged on about the 'table not lying' but now refuse to accept that we've started well.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

MM not taking responsibility on 19:33 - Sep 19 with 4394 viewschristiand

MM not taking responsibility on 19:20 - Sep 19 by The_Romford_Blue

I've always said the same

As J2 has been saying, last year the mick outlets banged on about the 'table not lying' but now refuse to accept that we've started well.

There is acceptance we have started well, but we've only played 7 games. Last year we finished 16th after 46 games. There's a big difference.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 22:58 - Sep 19 with 4342 viewsstantheman

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 19:03 - Sep 19 by christiand

I haven't got an opinion really, as I, like you know little about what will happen as the season progresses. I think thatvis half the fun of watching football. You just do not know what is going to happen and where we will eventually finish. I am pleasantly surprised at the results so far whilst also seeing that we could be playing better. To be fair on Mick though I don't think it's his tactics really, more the stupid errors etc that the players make during the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 02:42 - Sep 20 with 4321 viewsCurrie10

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 11:00 - Sep 19 by christiand

No, decent start can't dispute that Homer, however don't get too excited we've played probably one team out of those seven that have got a real chance to make the top 8 (Fulham).

Just love how the MM inners circle round like vultures picking at any comment that remotely disagrees with their own view. All I'm saying is we really haven't played anyone of note- apart from Fulham- who lets face it gave us a footballing lesson. We've got a run of fixtures that will really test us, lets see how we sit after 12 games. Make no mistake there has been little improvement in the quality of football on offer, that seems to be suddenly forgotten. I will put my neck on the line and say, the cost has nothing to do with my lack of attendance at PR, it is solely down to the 'quality' of football being served up......it's a waste of money! Now pick the flesh off that carcass.

Oh yes I forgot Fulham are absolutely flying right now, look how they did at Burton............

Of course we've had some of the sides we'd hope to beat, however these sides would expect 3 points off us.

Would people rather we go back to the start of the season, redraw the fixtures so we have lets say -

Boro A
Wolves H
Leeds A
Derby A
Norwich H
Fulham A
Reading H
Cardiff H

Or can we accept we've got the points, and move forward...
Only 4 teams in the league.... on 04:10 - Sep 20 with 4313 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 02:42 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Oh yes I forgot Fulham are absolutely flying right now, look how they did at Burton............

Of course we've had some of the sides we'd hope to beat, however these sides would expect 3 points off us.

Would people rather we go back to the start of the season, redraw the fixtures so we have lets say -

Boro A
Wolves H
Leeds A
Derby A
Norwich H
Fulham A
Reading H
Cardiff H

I can't understand why people keep moaning that we had 'easy' games.

It's used as a retort to the good start made as if:
a) we deliberately chose the fixtures and it wasn't completely random and ourself of the clubs control.
b) we didn't win the 5 games now deemed 'easy'

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 06:04 - Sep 20 with 4302 viewsCurrie10

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 04:10 - Sep 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I can't understand why people keep moaning that we had 'easy' games.

It's used as a retort to the good start made as if:
a) we deliberately chose the fixtures and it wasn't completely random and ourself of the clubs control.
b) we didn't win the 5 games now deemed 'easy'

Well I guess Bolton / Millwall in particular looked bottom 7 before a ball was kicked.

Brum looked in transition, great time to play them.

Brentford were supposed to do well until they sold everyone!

We've had GOD KNOWS how many injured, and more defensive partnerships in seven games than the entire 2014/15 season.

I literally couldn't care less if we've been poor / lucky / whatever. Football isn't snowboarding, you don't get a point for completing 65% possession or triangles.

Who is to say we won't improve when numbers come back, players get fit etc.

Rather have points on the board than the prospect of a ' should win, easy fixture ' - clubs take points off each other all the time.
Only 4 teams in the league.... on 06:32 - Sep 20 with 4298 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 02:42 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Boro A
Wolves H
Leeds A
Derby A
Norwich H
Fulham A
Reading H
Cardiff H

That's the whole point of your argument Currie, the fact we are where we are at the moment and so are Fulham, but at the moment - it's 7 games in. Keep having a little 'dig' that fans are moaning about our start, that is simply not the case and that is conveniently forgotten when a point is trying to be made. The way we play is the issue and always has been in my case in point and yes we haven't really played a decent side, apart from Fulham where we were really shown up as a distant second best. This Saturday will be a good indicator especially against a side in good form and full of confidence. If we come away with a win, I might have to admit that MM has got the right approach.

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 06:41 - Sep 20 with 4294 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 22:58 - Sep 19 by stantheman

I haven't got an opinion really, as I, like you know little about what will happen as the season progresses. I think thatvis half the fun of watching football. You just do not know what is going to happen and where we will eventually finish. I am pleasantly surprised at the results so far whilst also seeing that we could be playing better. To be fair on Mick though I don't think it's his tactics really, more the stupid errors etc that the players make during the game.

As a football fan, I think you hope for the best and fear the worst. You're right, you do not know where we will finish, but you do start to get a good idea as the season begins to take shape. We are only 7 games in, not played many of the fancied sides and sit in the top 6, that's great. I just don't believe we will be there or the top half of the league come May. That's my opinion, doesn't mean it's right. Like others, on here, have their opinion doesn't instantly mean it's right regardless of how many times they try to convince you or I.

MM not taking responsibility on 07:04 - Sep 20 with 4282 viewsBenters

MM not taking responsibility on 19:33 - Sep 19 by christiand

There is acceptance we have started well, but we've only played 7 games. Last year we finished 16th after 46 games. There's a big difference.

Was that the worst finish for 58yrs ?

Was that the season we had national embarassement after the televised Lincoln cup game?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 07:05 - Sep 20 with 4284 viewsCurrie10

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 06:32 - Sep 20 by christiand

That's the whole point of your argument Currie, the fact we are where we are at the moment and so are Fulham, but at the moment - it's 7 games in. Keep having a little 'dig' that fans are moaning about our start, that is simply not the case and that is conveniently forgotten when a point is trying to be made. The way we play is the issue and always has been in my case in point and yes we haven't really played a decent side, apart from Fulham where we were really shown up as a distant second best. This Saturday will be a good indicator especially against a side in good form and full of confidence. If we come away with a win, I might have to admit that MM has got the right approach.

Alright then, we played very well at Hillsborough last season in the 2-1 win for spells and I thought that could be a season changer. It gave me absolutely zero indication of what was to come.

We beat Newcastle 3-1. What did that really show? That we'd underachieved for 25 games, that players were motivated vs a glamour club?

Even if we lose at Leeds, we have two very winnable in my opinion home games to come.
Only 4 teams in the league.... on 07:27 - Sep 20 with 4273 viewschristiand

Only 4 teams in the league.... on 07:05 - Sep 20 by Currie10

Alright then, we played very well at Hillsborough last season in the 2-1 win for spells and I thought that could be a season changer. It gave me absolutely zero indication of what was to come.

We beat Newcastle 3-1. What did that really show? That we'd underachieved for 25 games, that players were motivated vs a glamour club?

Even if we lose at Leeds, we have two very winnable in my opinion home games to come.

Bristol City looks a tough game, they have had decent results already this season and against fancied teams like Wolves (a) 3-3 and Derby (h) 4-1. Looking at our fixtures, by the time we have played Preston North End on 4th November that will give us all a fair indication of where our league expectations are for this season IMO.

MM not taking responsibility on 09:52 - Sep 20 with 4241 viewsbluewein

MM not taking responsibility on 07:04 - Sep 20 by Benters

Was that the worst finish for 58yrs ?

Was that the season we had national embarassement after the televised Lincoln cup game?

Which is gone.

As you constantly said about the play off season.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

MM not taking responsibility on 11:54 - Sep 20 with 4211 viewsOsborneOneNil

What a mammoth thread for an argument so simple.

We've started well (results wise, at least), there's no doubting that.

Some are delighted.

But, some just do not like or enjoy watching the way ITFC set up, and play. Simple as that! Why are so many knocking the view of some that are not happy right now? It's their opinion, they prefer a certain style of play.

Do we prefer to set up not to lose, and try and nick a win? Or do we set up with a front foot mindset, with an attacking style, looking to win at all costs. Some like the former, some like the latter.

It's like tennis, some prefer the way Rafa plays to the way Feds plays, and vice versa. They both win, but their style is very different.
MM not taking responsibility on 12:00 - Sep 20 with 4207 viewsitfcjoe

MM not taking responsibility on 11:54 - Sep 20 by OsborneOneNil

What a mammoth thread for an argument so simple.

We've started well (results wise, at least), there's no doubting that.

Some are delighted.

But, some just do not like or enjoy watching the way ITFC set up, and play. Simple as that! Why are so many knocking the view of some that are not happy right now? It's their opinion, they prefer a certain style of play.

Do we prefer to set up not to lose, and try and nick a win? Or do we set up with a front foot mindset, with an attacking style, looking to win at all costs. Some like the former, some like the latter.

It's like tennis, some prefer the way Rafa plays to the way Feds plays, and vice versa. They both win, but their style is very different.

I think some people don't know what good football is any more, or don't watch enough Championship football to be realistic.

Mick has a negative stereotype about his football and some can't get over it - if we started playing like Barcelona they'd find something else to moan about.....

Mick's not going anywhere, life is too short to not enjoy yourself so either don't go and don't moan all the time about something you aren't even watching, or go and enjoy the victories and the development of the team/squad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

MM not taking responsibility on 12:04 - Sep 20 with 4199 viewsHerbivore

MM not taking responsibility on 12:00 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

I think some people don't know what good football is any more, or don't watch enough Championship football to be realistic.

Mick has a negative stereotype about his football and some can't get over it - if we started playing like Barcelona they'd find something else to moan about.....

Mick's not going anywhere, life is too short to not enjoy yourself so either don't go and don't moan all the time about something you aren't even watching, or go and enjoy the victories and the development of the team/squad

Exactly this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MM not taking responsibility on 13:28 - Sep 20 with 4163 viewsOsborneOneNil

Fair one, Joe.
MM not taking responsibility on 13:46 - Sep 20 with 4150 viewsitfcjoe

MM not taking responsibility on 13:28 - Sep 20 by OsborneOneNil

Fair one, Joe.

I have mates who still had ST and they were leaving games after 20 minutes because it was boring, when it was just a normal game with a few chances at each end - if you go somewhere thinking you'll hate it unless it absolutely blows you away then you probably will

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

MM not taking responsibility on 14:02 - Sep 20 with 4135 viewschristiand

Perhaps I have higher expectations?
[Post edited 20 Sep 2017 15:04]

MM not taking responsibility on 14:03 - Sep 20 with 4130 viewsArcher4721

MM not taking responsibility on 14:02 - Sep 20 by christiand

Or perhaps you live in a dream world.
MM not taking responsibility on 14:58 - Sep 20 with 4108 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

MM not taking responsibility on 14:02 - Sep 20 by christiand

In which case, supporting a championship football club operating on a bottom third budget probably isn't for you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024