Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? 13:33 - Sep 19 with 4581 viewshype313

Worth a punt?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 13:47 - Sep 19 with 4567 viewsSWGF

Not quite the same but I used Simply Cook a little while ago and was impressed (the Nyonya in particular).

However, they don't provide all the ingredients, just the spices/flavouring, etc. But my first box of four meals' worth was £1 and they let me stop it straight away, so it was a no-brainer.

Might be an entry into the world of food being delivered to your door!

www.simplycook.com
Code: CF2745

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 13:53 - Sep 19 with 4557 viewsBlueinBrum

Mrs and i have been using Hello Fresh for about 6 months. Works really well for us. We started with 5 meals a week but have dropped to 3 per week pretty soon as usually we're out in the evening a couple of times a week with friends/work.

Ingredients are really good quality and menu choices are varied. It's also easy to manage it all via the app.

We both lead busy lives and often work until quite late; for me paying a slight premium is worth it to take the hassle out of planning meals and shopping. It also means much less food waste.

I'd recommend trying it; in fact if you PM me your email address i can send you a money off referral (think it's half price for your first box). Another good feature is that you can pause it any time you like for free (e.g. if you're going on hols) and i'm pretty sure you can cancel whenever without any commitment.
Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 13:54 - Sep 19 with 4551 viewsbluewein

Work mate had a voucher for them and tried them out.

Lives on his own so the meals he was making was enough for dinner and lunch the next day. Must say the food looked decent and he seemed pretty happy himself with it.

So yeah. Worth a go I'd say.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 14:02 - Sep 19 with 4538 viewskizaitfc

Tried both, personally prefer Gousto but that may have been down to what was on offer during the trial periods.

Food is fresh and recipes are exciting and tasty, so definitely worth a punt

Out of the trial periods though they are quite expensive for what you get IMO

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 14:11 - Sep 19 with 4529 viewshype313

Cheers peeps, going to give it a shout, blueinbrum, I'll PM you cheers

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 14:17 - Sep 19 with 4517 viewsMuncher

We've had 4 meals a week from Gousto every week for about a year now, love it, no idea what we'd do without it.
Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 14:53 - Sep 19 with 4485 viewsLesta_Tractor

I used Hello Fresh for a couple of weeks when I was in Canberra for work, the food's ok but it's really not any easier than going to the supermarket and following a recipe.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 15:48 - Sep 19 with 4438 viewsStokieBlue

I don't really understand it - why not just go to the shops (be it a supermarket or some nice local ones) and buy the stuff you want and cook a nice meal?

It would see to be paying a premium for having the box delivered (which isn't that convenient really) and having someone else think of some recipes for you.

What if you order a box and then fancy something else?

Guess I just don't see the point - hope you enjoy it though!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 15:57 - Sep 19 with 4430 viewshype313

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 15:48 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

I don't really understand it - why not just go to the shops (be it a supermarket or some nice local ones) and buy the stuff you want and cook a nice meal?

It would see to be paying a premium for having the box delivered (which isn't that convenient really) and having someone else think of some recipes for you.

SB

When you have two boys both aged under two, going to the supermarket isn't the most pleasant of experiences! Which is why we do home delivery, I just thought some of the recipes looked quite nice, so kill two birds and all that.

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 16:07 - Sep 19 with 4421 viewsSWGF

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 15:57 - Sep 19 by hype313

When you have two boys both aged under two, going to the supermarket isn't the most pleasant of experiences! Which is why we do home delivery, I just thought some of the recipes looked quite nice, so kill two birds and all that.

Doesn't your supermarket delivery app/website have recipes which automatically put the ingredients in your online trolley? I think ours does.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 16:11 - Sep 19 with 4419 viewshype313

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 16:07 - Sep 19 by SWGF

Doesn't your supermarket delivery app/website have recipes which automatically put the ingredients in your online trolley? I think ours does.

Haven't checked to be honest, will do though.

Was just asking on these as a few people have mentioned them.

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 16:32 - Sep 19 with 4405 viewsBlueinBrum

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 15:48 - Sep 19 by StokieBlue

SB

It's massively more convenient when you don't have much spare time. Not only the delivery aspect but the meal planning; it's added so much variety to our weeknight diet. Fair play if you've got time/energy to plan ahead but when working long hours* I've found it a godsend. Another subtle benefit is that it removes some of the temptation to get takeaways which was becoming a bit too regular.

I would argue that the premium that you pay isn't actually that much either; £10 for per (large) meal for two with organic, fresh ingredients, often including steak, salmon or another relatively expensive meat seems pretty good to me.

*He says sat on a football forum at 4.30 on a tuesday
[Post edited 19 Sep 2017 16:34]
Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 17:09 - Sep 19 with 4377 viewsMillsey

My Mum and Dad have been using Hello Fresh for two years and love it
Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 1738 viewspnkplum

Yep. Im a big fan. Just don't have the energy to sort filling/healthy meals everyday of the week. I work long hours and sometimes shift and would rather spend my time doing other things than worrying about what im going to eat!

I've got a referral code for anyone interested: you can either enter in this code PALOM42395135 or click this link
cook.gousto.co.uk/raf/?promo_code=PALOM42395135&utm_source=weblink
Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 09:54 - Apr 14 with 1726 viewsBluefish

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 14:53 - Sep 19 by Lesta_Tractor

I used Hello Fresh for a couple of weeks when I was in Canberra for work, the food's ok but it's really not any easier than going to the supermarket and following a recipe.

Thats the bit I can't get my head around
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 9:55]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:36 - Apr 14 with 1666 viewsStenvict

I started using Hello Fresh just before lockdown 1, which was a stroke of luck due to all the shortages in the supermarkets at the time. I've only recently stopped because a. It becomes quite repetitive have more or less the same meals every week b. The cost is actually very expensive compared to just buying the ingredients yourself and c. The meat tended to go off fairly quickly and the chicken always stank.

I've kept all the recipes I enjoyed and just buy the ingredients myself now.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:44 - Apr 14 with 1657 viewsHerbivore

We did a trial with Hello Fresh a few years ago. A couple of the recipes were really good and we still use them, the rest were just a bit meh. It's very expensive for what you get so I don't really have any desire to use them again. In short, worth it if you can get money off but I don't think it's close to being value for money if you have to pay full price.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:46 - Apr 14 with 1649 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:44 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

We did a trial with Hello Fresh a few years ago. A couple of the recipes were really good and we still use them, the rest were just a bit meh. It's very expensive for what you get so I don't really have any desire to use them again. In short, worth it if you can get money off but I don't think it's close to being value for money if you have to pay full price.

I think it probably works really well for some people with regards to ease of use, new recipes etc.

Cooking is one of my favourite things to do though so for me it would take a lot of enjoyment out of it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:47 - Apr 14 with 1648 viewsHerbivore

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:46 - Apr 14 by StokieBlue

I think it probably works really well for some people with regards to ease of use, new recipes etc.

Cooking is one of my favourite things to do though so for me it would take a lot of enjoyment out of it.

SB

Yeah, I also really enjoy cooking and don't especially like following recipes so it wasn't for me on that front. I just think even for those who aren't really cooks you're better off getting a decent cookbook and doing an online shop. The premium they charge is pretty hefty.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:48 - Apr 14 with 1648 viewshype313

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 09:52 - Apr 14 by pnkplum

Yep. Im a big fan. Just don't have the energy to sort filling/healthy meals everyday of the week. I work long hours and sometimes shift and would rather spend my time doing other things than worrying about what im going to eat!

I've got a referral code for anyone interested: you can either enter in this code PALOM42395135 or click this link
cook.gousto.co.uk/raf/?promo_code=PALOM42395135&utm_source=weblink

Not sure how this thread has reared it's head after all that time!

Anyway, I did try it, some of the recipes were very nice, but my main gripe was the amount of pots and pans you had to use for all the different ingredients, and the time it took.

If I was single then I'd be minded to continue, but with a small family it was too much each evening to do, especially when there was a small window after School/Nursery to spend time with the little ones.

Anyone used Hello Fresh or Gousto? on 11:48 - Apr 14 with 1645 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Another vote for Gousto here. We've been on it now for about 6 months 4 days a week for 4 people and I swear it saves us money.

Its definitely, got us changing the foods we eat on a weekly basis too, most always something new.

One tip from the top though, have your deliveries on Sundays, DPD do the Sunday deliveries so you get a text in the morning with an hour slot. Yodel do the deliveries during the rest of the week and they are very inconsistent.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024