Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! 23:30 - Sep 24 with 8961 viewsemart

Hi all,

I'm undertaking a survey that may interest those of you that like to have a bet online on the football.

I'd really (really) appreciate a few quick minutes of your time and you can take part by clicking on the link below:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/betting-on-the-footballb

This is part of my Psychology MSc and it has been approved by the university board of ethics.

Your responses are 100% anonymous meaning that I have no means of ever accessing your email address or your identity.

Clicking the green button at the bottom of pages 1 & 2 allows you to immediately begin the questions on page 3.

Many thanks!!!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 11:01]
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 18:30 - Sep 25 with 7215 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Following that Paddy Power thread above...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 18:50 - Sep 25 with 7198 viewsBlue_Order

Done mate 👍
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 21:30 - Sep 25 with 7151 viewsemart

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 18:50 - Sep 25 by Blue_Order

Done mate 👍

Massive thanks to everyone who has taken part so far...keep the responses coming please
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 21:33 - Sep 25 with 7143 viewsMullet

Millions of them on Wrath of the Barclay mate. Try there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 21:44 - Sep 25 with 7126 viewsJ2BLUE

Done.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 22:04 - Sep 25 with 7101 viewscaught-in-limbo

Really well presented and introduced questionnaire.

One tiny problem which appears twice though is:
"data collected are completely anonymised and non-identifiable"
should read:
"data collected is completely anonymised and non-identifiable".

Good luck.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 22:13 - Sep 25 with 7096 viewsm14_blue

Done
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 22:37 - Sep 25 with 7072 viewsSuperfrans

Done

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 03:47 - Sep 26 with 7016 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 22:04 - Sep 25 by caught-in-limbo

should read:

Good luck.

Data are plural though.

Not done the survey as I'm not interested in betting and don't think it's healthy for the game. Good luck to the OP though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 06:45 - Sep 26 with 6981 viewsimsureazzure

Done.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 07:12 - Sep 26 with 6966 viewsJimmyJazz

Surely the first question should be 'Is betting a mug's game?' instead of being concerned with transgenders

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 09:39 - Sep 26 with 6922 viewsstickymockwell

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 07:12 - Sep 26 by JimmyJazz

Surely the first question should be 'Is betting a mug's game?' instead of being concerned with transgenders

1, Is betting a mug's game?

A, Yes
B, No
C, I was born in the wrong body.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 09:46 - Sep 26 with 6913 viewscaught-in-limbo

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 03:47 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

Data are plural though.

Not done the survey as I'm not interested in betting and don't think it's healthy for the game. Good luck to the OP though.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/data

Well, it appears to be a strange one.

According to the Cambridge dictionary "data" is uncountable, like I thought, and therefore should be followed by a singular verb form... but it seems it can be followed by both singular or plural verb forms... It's the only case I know where an uncountable noun can be followed by a plural verb - I guess that because there's been sufficient incorrect usage to allow both.

#toxic

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 09:46 - Sep 26 with 6916 viewsWacko

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 22:04 - Sep 25 by caught-in-limbo

should read:

Good luck.

Wrong. The singular of data is datum

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 09:58 - Sep 26 with 6900 viewsOsborneOneNil

All done mate
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:01 - Sep 26 with 6896 viewsITFC1983

As a former problem gambler I was screened out (10+ years without a bet). But all the best for your Psychology MSc.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:04 - Sep 26 with 6896 viewsbahri

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 07:12 - Sep 26 by JimmyJazz

Lot of money to be made ... if you know what you're doing, particularly on the horses.

redandella

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:11 - Sep 26 with 6888 viewsJuanMan

Done
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:38 - Sep 26 with 6879 viewsemart

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:01 - Sep 26 by ITFC1983

As a former problem gambler I was screened out (10+ years without a bet). But all the best for your Psychology MSc.

Hey thanks for your contribution...screen out just applies when someone indicates they haven't bet online for the last 12 months
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:51 - Sep 26 with 6867 viewsITFC1983

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 10:38 - Sep 26 by emart

Hey thanks for your contribution...screen out just applies when someone indicates they haven't bet online for the last 12 months

Oh yes, I understand and completely get it, and all the best to you.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:12 - Sep 26 with 6849 viewscaught-in-limbo

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 09:46 - Sep 26 by Wacko

Wrong. The singular of data is datum

That's fine, you're right of course.

I hope then that you are consistent with your use of English words with Latin origin, I hope you really do use the word datum when talking about a single piece of data. While we're at, I suppose you ask for one pannino at your local Italian sandwich maker's and ask for two pizze at Dominos (or should I say Domino).

English is a living language and it changes when so many people get it wrong, that getting it right starts to sound weird - but I guess you just think I've got an agendum.

#toxic

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 16:58 - Sep 26 with 6775 viewsRonFearonsHair

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:12 - Sep 26 by caught-in-limbo

That's fine, you're right of course.

I hope then that you are consistent with your use of English words with Latin origin, I hope you really do use the word datum when talking about a single piece of data. While we're at, I suppose you ask for one pannino at your local Italian sandwich maker's and ask for two pizze at Dominos (or should I say Domino).

English is a living language and it changes when so many people get it wrong, that getting it right starts to sound weird - but I guess you just think I've got an agendum.

Here here.
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:04 - Sep 27 with 6701 viewsemart

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 16:58 - Sep 26 by RonFearonsHair

Here here.

Hi folks anyone feeling generous with a few minutes of your time on the back end of last night's marvellous performance please give my survey a go:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/betting-on-the-footballc

Again its for anyone who has had a bet online on the football in the last 12 months
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 11:58]
'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:56 - Sep 30 with 6588 viewsemart

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 11:04 - Sep 27 by emart

Hi folks anyone feeling generous with a few minutes of your time on the back end of last night's marvellous performance please give my survey a go:

Again its for anyone who has had a bet online on the football in the last 12 months
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 11:58]

3 points would be massive today!

Anyone having a bet on the footy over the weekend? Please try my survey...its for anyone who has had a bet online on the soccer over the last year:

'Betting on the football?' Survey Participants Please!!! on 13:19 - Sep 30 with 6555 viewsCrofty

Done
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024