Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bru on the bench tomorrow night 13:56 - Sep 25 with 14374 viewsLuk38644

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:46 - Sep 25 with 4549 viewsBluebell

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:41 - Sep 25 by SpruceMoose

This story gives me hope and faith. I'm hoping that the positive attitude I've shown towards ITFC over the last 35 years will earn me a call up any day now.

Sorry but in the Terms and Conditions of playing for Ipswich Town it definitely says that moose with wooden antlers are unacceptable.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:48 - Sep 25 with 4542 viewsSpruceMoose

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:46 - Sep 25 by Bluebell

Sorry but in the Terms and Conditions of playing for Ipswich Town it definitely says that moose with wooden antlers are unacceptable.

I would have them sawn off if it meant my dream could come true. I believe they make excellent dog chews.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 17:05 - Sep 25 with 4520 viewsWeWereZombies

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:46 - Sep 25 by Bluebell

His antlers are wooden? Hang on, does this mean sprucemoose might not be an actual moose?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 17:10 - Sep 25 with 4506 viewshoofer

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:36 - Sep 25 by WeWereZombies

Didn't MM say he was resting Nydam in the interview?

While McCarthy is at it can't he bring back Douglas that is probably what he really wants to do.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 17:20 - Sep 25 with 4496 viewsSpruceMoose

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 17:05 - Sep 25 by WeWereZombies

His antlers are wooden? Hang on, does this mean sprucemoose might not be an actual moose?

How. Dare. You.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 19:18 - Sep 25 with 4451 viewsWestSussexBlue

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 14:09 - Sep 25 by Swailsey

But who's dropping out if he has no new injuries?

Downes wasn't on the bench on Saturday.

Celina? DUM DUM DUM.

If Bru is back in favour and his attitude is great and has trained really well then ooh that will be very interesting if there's no Celina in the squad.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 19:19 - Sep 25 with 4452 viewsPhilTWTD

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 15:26 - Sep 25 by BLUEBEAT

TWTD refer to him as a "Paris born schemer".. wtf?!?!

Am I missing something, he was born in Paris even though he plays for Mauritius.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 19:33 - Sep 25 with 4438 viewsSpruceMoose

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 19:19 - Sep 25 by PhilTWTD

Am I missing something, he was born in Paris even though he plays for Mauritius.

To call him a schemer seems, well, a little abusive. What is he scheming? The club's downfall?

Login to get fewer ads

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:18 - Sep 25 with 4419 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 19:19 - Sep 25 by PhilTWTD

Yes, clear about that, not clear about him being called a schemer.

Is it a term used for more than describing a sneaky underhand snake?

Poll: W or W

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:22 - Sep 25 with 4414 viewsPhilTWTD

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:18 - Sep 25 by BLUEBEAT

Yes, clear about that, not clear about him being called a schemer.

Is it a term used for more than describing a sneaky underhand snake?

Can snakes be underhand what with them not having hands? Schemer is a synonym for midfielder, probably a bit of an old-fashioned one admittedly.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:24 - Sep 25 with 4405 viewsm14_blue

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 16:10 - Sep 25 by Vaughan8

How many go's can we give him though? Personally he just isn't quite good enough.

However as you say, we are paying his wages so if Mick thinks he can be on the bench then why not. Presumably from what he says, he may rest Nydam so maybe he will drop out of the squad?

He must just be a bit of a stop gap to give a player a rest. As other people said, it's a bit strange considering he was pretty much out a few weeks ago.

Even if on the bench, it's unlikely he will play much of a role. Surely cannot be match fit. Has he played in the u23s?

Yeah, I thought he showed a bit of promise at first but he's just not quite Championship standard.

In many ways epitomises our shortcomings in midfield over the past few seasons, lightweight, seems to go whole games barely touching the ball, and gets run all over by the better teams.

I hope he goes on to do well elsewhere but it's a step forward that he's no longer in the first team plans, extraaordinary injury list not withstanding.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:26 - Sep 25 with 4401 viewsSpruceMoose

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:22 - Sep 25 by PhilTWTD

Can snakes be underhand what with them not having hands? Schemer is a synonym for midfielder, probably a bit of an old-fashioned one admittedly.

Lucky I don't report you for abuse...

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:33 - Sep 25 with 4396 viewsjeera

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 20:24 - Sep 25 by m14_blue

Yeah, I thought he showed a bit of promise at first but he's just not quite Championship standard.

In many ways epitomises our shortcomings in midfield over the past few seasons, lightweight, seems to go whole games barely touching the ball, and gets run all over by the better teams.

I hope he goes on to do well elsewhere but it's a step forward that he's no longer in the first team plans, extraaordinary injury list not withstanding.

Shop window thing?

Talk him up a bit and hope he may put in a shift or 2 and then someone might want him.

It is an unusual turn around for MM, but also a positive sign and a slap for those who say repeatedly that he is stubborn to the point of spite.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 21:15 - Sep 25 with 4365 viewsBLUEBEAT

I have never heard of midfielders being referred to as schemers before. Interesting.

The snake to which I was referring relates to a two-faced insidious person.

When I say two-faced, I don't mean someone with two actual faces in a physical term but as an adjective for someone who is dishonest/deceitful whilst giving the appearance of being genuine.

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 22:41 - Sep 25 with 4314 viewsjeera

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 21:15 - Sep 25 by BLUEBEAT

I have never heard of midfielders being referred to as schemers before. Interesting.

When I say two-faced, I don't mean someone with two actual faces in a physical term but as an adjective for someone who is dishonest/deceitful whilst giving the appearance of being genuine.

Whilst not showing his hand.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 23:27 - Sep 25 with 4287 viewsWeWereZombies

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 21:15 - Sep 25 by BLUEBEAT

Isn't schemer the type of term that would have suited someone like Johnny Giles? Back in the days when a manager would send out his team to play their game without too much of a plan in mind, rather than the micro management that goes on today. More of a plotting, calculating the downfall of the opposition type of player rather than someone dressed as Richard III or Nero maniacally hoping for some type of holocaust and cackling about it. Bit better than midfield planner because that sounds like someone with a flip chart and a pocket full of post-it notes.

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 23:50 - Sep 25 with 4273 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 23:27 - Sep 25 by WeWereZombies

Isn't schemer the type of term that would have suited someone like Johnny Giles? Back in the days when a manager would send out his team to play their game without too much of a plan in mind, rather than the micro management that goes on today. More of a plotting, calculating the downfall of the opposition type of player rather than someone dressed as Richard III or Nero maniacally hoping for some type of holocaust and cackling about it. Bit better than midfield planner because that sounds like someone with a flip chart and a pocket full of post-it notes.

Who would make a good midfield fantasist?

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 00:13 - Sep 26 with 4261 viewsCurrie10

Well no one else wanted him.
He clearly hasn't agree to mutual termination where we save a small %%% and has worked hard to get back into the fold, so hats off to him.

I'm not remotely a Kevin Bru fan. Whilst a good technician, he scores very few ( beauty at Bolton ) assists next to none and wastes so much energy being so far away from where he's required to be! If he's fixed some of these problem areas, then no issue at all.

What I find a bit more weird though is he hasn't been involved with the U23s and in theory would need to be to get fit.

Can only assume Hyam/ Bishop are further away from coming back than first thought.
Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 00:20 - Sep 26 with 4256 viewsWeWereZombies

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 23:50 - Sep 25 by BLUEBEAT

Who would make a good midfield fantasist?

Walter Mitty? Romeo Zondervan?

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 01:00 - Sep 26 with 4234 viewsDolly2.0

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 14:29 - Sep 25 by chicoazul

Stupid thing to say in the first place really. Alright so if the plan was to bring Dozzell Downes and Nydam through thats fair enough and we would all endorse that but at the same time to say Bru wont get a squad number and is off was weird.

Not weird if that was the truth at the time (which it obviously was - when has Mick ever been anything less than forthright?)

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 09:28 - Sep 26 with 4185 viewsSWGF

And quicker to type than "Jack of all trades, master of none"?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 09:57 - Sep 26 with 4176 viewsgreyhound

Bru on the bench tomorrow night on 09:28 - Sep 26 by SWGF

And quicker to type than "Jack of all trades, master of none"?

I'm not brus biggest fan I think your phrasing sums him up well. The injury situation has clearly lead to a bit of dressing room backpeddling. It's probably extremely embarrassing for mm and tc who would have had a careful discussion at the start of the season to leave him without a squad number. All that said I want him to get on the pitch tonight as the ones with a point to prove can pull out a magic performance sometimes, no one e has more of a point to prove at the club than bru right now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024