Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty 05:17 - Oct 11 with 16439 viewsBenters

From coffee shops and outlets.

Now they are getting worried about recycling all those cups,as from outside they look like cardboard,but inside the cup is a thin layer of plastic,and sadly only a handfull of recyling centres can take them.

2.5 Billion cups are used per year,but only 1% are being recyled.Now that is shocking,

Now i am doing my bit,my garden is ONLY watered from water i have collected from my butts,i compost everything i can,i am about the only person up my close who doesnt pay the council to take my garden rubbish away,and my good lady says im 'finicky' about my recycling.

Im worried about the planet,wherever i look people just throw crap out of their motor vehicles, and dont get me started about the state of our oceans.

End of.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 14:31]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 05:59 - Oct 11 with 9414 viewsbrogansnose

Morning Dave Eco Warrior !!!

You're right though. The amount of takeaway food packaging that gets slung out of vehicles is obscene in addition to what you've mentioned. I only stick my bin bag out every three weeks now I re-cycle that much. It really isn't that hard to take a bit of extra care with the way we live in regards to the environment.
7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 06:07 - Oct 11 with 9406 viewsBenters

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 05:59 - Oct 11 by brogansnose

Morning Dave Eco Warrior !!!

You're right though. The amount of takeaway food packaging that gets slung out of vehicles is obscene in addition to what you've mentioned. I only stick my bin bag out every three weeks now I re-cycle that much. It really isn't that hard to take a bit of extra care with the way we live in regards to the environment.

Morning Eel catcher!

I just find it amazing that people think its the done thing to launch crap like that out.

I believe every garden should have a waterbutt and compost bin.

Good work on the recyling .

Gentlybentley

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 06:09 - Oct 11 with 9406 viewstiptreeblue

Totally agree, there iis a green near where i live and the kids congregate there, and when they leave there is no end of litter strewn all over the place. And they are the age group which tell us we let them down with the Brexit vote.
7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 06:20 - Oct 11 with 9383 viewsBenters

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 06:09 - Oct 11 by tiptreeblue

Totally agree, there iis a green near where i live and the kids congregate there, and when they leave there is no end of litter strewn all over the place. And they are the age group which tell us we let them down with the Brexit vote.

I walked across my vilage green the other day and some dirty swine had eaten a muller corner type thing,there was a bin next to the bench where the said muller had been eaten,did they stick it the bin did they F! They just launched it on the green!

If i walk over the sacred green and i see rubbish i just pick it up and stick it in the bin!

Not hard is it?

Lol to the add of Brexit !
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 6:30]

Gentlybentley

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:05 - Oct 11 with 9308 viewsReuser_is_God

The world would be a much better place if all these coffee shops didn't exist.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:06 - Oct 11 with 9306 viewsimsureazzure

If McDonalds wants to help, instead of a peel off sticker to collect and when one has placed 6 on a card a free coffee is given, make it that 6 cups have to be collected.
7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:42 - Oct 11 with 9236 viewsBackToRussia

It's down to the manufacturers to stop using them..

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:47 - Oct 11 with 9241 viewsBlueBadger

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 06:09 - Oct 11 by tiptreeblue

Well, you were the generation who either raised them directly or raised their parents...
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 7:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:15 - Oct 11 with 9192 viewsbluewein

Good on you benters. The most frustrating thing for me is knowing the amount of plastic that doesn't get recycled and is pretty much just left over God knows how many years to die in the ground. Honestly feel that we've left it too late to do enough to turn our bad work around.

Dave Angels wife doesn't help the situation either...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:19 - Oct 11 with 9181 viewsHerbivore

Good for you, Benters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:26 - Oct 11 with 9168 viewsitfcjoe

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:05 - Oct 11 by Reuser_is_God

I'm so glad I don't drink coffee

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:32 - Oct 11 with 9146 viewsjeera

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:19 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Good for you, Benters.

Certainly the one thing I do agree with him on.

People are so lazy it infuriates me. I've taken things from people's bins when I've been in their homes and seen them chuck rubbish into the wrong bins. It's not a subject I'm popular over amongst friends and family but tough. I try to shame them into doing the right thing.

And I hate seeing crap in the street and worse still in water and the countryside. It's horrible.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:38 - Oct 11 with 9128 viewsWeWereZombies

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:05 - Oct 11 by Reuser_is_God

Don't think it is cafes that are the problem - unless they are the ones that use the non-recyclable cups. Good point about McDonalds, imsureazzure, and note that they also use the plastic blighted containers even if you go in and have a sit down coffee.

So, only use coffee shops that serve up good coffee in a proper ceramic mug or good old British china cup and saucer?

And sorry, BlueWein, the stuff is already dead - it's the decomposition rate that is the problem - something like between 50 and 500 years?

Apologies to Benters - I don't have a butt(!) - it's raining here again here, like it almost always does...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:42 - Oct 11 with 9119 viewsbluewein

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:38 - Oct 11 by WeWereZombies

Don't think it is cafes that are the problem - unless they are the ones that use the non-recyclable cups. Good point about McDonalds, imsureazzure, and note that they also use the plastic blighted containers even if you go in and have a sit down coffee.

So, only use coffee shops that serve up good coffee in a proper ceramic mug or good old British china cup and saucer?

And sorry, BlueWein, the stuff is already dead - it's the decomposition rate that is the problem - something like between 50 and 500 years?

Apologies to Benters - I don't have a butt(!) - it's raining here again here, like it almost always does...

Oops. The decomposition is what i meant. Ta for the correction.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:43 - Oct 11 with 9114 viewshype313

Totally agree Benters, there is light though, a company in Suffolk (frugalpaccup) has highlighted this as a huge issue and has developed an eco friendly cup.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 09:06 - Oct 11 with 9067 viewssolemio

Is it just as bad drinking out of a proper coffee cup in Costa?

Obviously I won't patronise Starbucks - they don't pay anywhere near the taxes they should, and their coffee tastes repulsive, and they're American.
7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 10:11 - Oct 11 with 9005 viewsDeano69

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 07:06 - Oct 11 by imsureazzure

If McDonalds wants to help, instead of a peel off sticker to collect and when one has placed 6 on a card a free coffee is given, make it that 6 cups have to be collected.

superb idea

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 10:13 - Oct 11 with 8998 viewsDeano69

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 09:06 - Oct 11 by solemio

Is it just as bad drinking out of a proper coffee cup in Costa?

Obviously I won't patronise Starbucks - they don't pay anywhere near the taxes they should, and their coffee tastes repulsive, and they're American.

I think Costa give you a discount if you bring in your own reusable cup/beaker thing

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 10:17 - Oct 11 with 8988 viewsbluebud

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 08:32 - Oct 11 by jeera

Certainly the one thing I do agree with him on.

People are so lazy it infuriates me. I've taken things from people's bins when I've been in their homes and seen them chuck rubbish into the wrong bins. It's not a subject I'm popular over amongst friends and family but tough. I try to shame them into doing the right thing.

And I hate seeing crap in the street and worse still in water and the countryside. It's horrible.

....lazy or just don't understand?

Mind you if you acted like that in my house you'd be heading at velocity to the compost heap before your sandals even touched my non plastic flooring.

..I really hope your friends do it on purpose and have a good laugh about it behind your back.
7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 10:35 - Oct 11 with 8938 viewsJ2BLUE

Costa recycle them even if it isn't a Costa cup.

You can also recycle plastic bags at Tesco.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 12:11 - Oct 11 with 8895 viewsjeera

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 10:17 - Oct 11 by bluebud

....lazy or just don't understand?

Mind you if you acted like that in my house you'd be heading at velocity to the compost heap before your sandals even touched my non plastic flooring.

..I really hope your friends do it on purpose and have a good laugh about it behind your back.

Why on earth would in be in your house?

What a strange response.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 12:26 - Oct 11 with 8863 viewsJ2BLUE

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 12:11 - Oct 11 by jeera

Why on earth would in be in your house?

What a strange response.

Yea jeera, it's his bloody planet and he'll help ruin it any way he pleases!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 12:29 - Oct 11 with 8851 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I can't believe how successful they are

I went in once to costa because my mates were in there so I sat down and ordered a hot chcokate and slice of chocolate cake and was stunned to be charged £7.80. Absolute madness.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 14:30 - Oct 11 with 8756 viewsBenters

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 12:29 - Oct 11 by The_Romford_Blue

I went in once to costa because my mates were in there so I sat down and ordered a hot chcokate and slice of chocolate cake and was stunned to be charged £7.80. Absolute madness.

Agree with you on that Rommy !

You can buy 8 cans of Strongbow for that price AND recycle the tins !

Gentlybentley

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 14:32 - Oct 11 with 8746 viewsSpruceMoose

7 Million cups of coffee :) are sold everyday in dear old Blighty on 12:29 - Oct 11 by The_Romford_Blue

London prices, innit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024