Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't understand 13:04 - Oct 17 with 28887 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why any Ipswich fan who can get to game wouldn't go on Sunday. Whether your Mick in or Mick out it's the Derby, embarrassing if you don't go to support.

Edit/ seeing the replies i feel like I should be clearer. What I meant was that if you Can get to the game you should go. This doesn't mean if you live near Portman road or can get there you should be there, but if you are simply choosing not to go because you don't want to you should be there. People have commitments, some things are more important than football. But my point with it being embarrassing remains, we should be selling more tickets then we have.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 15:06]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

on 13:49 - Oct 17 with 4734 views_

I really don't understand on 13:44 - Oct 17 by JakeITFC

So your encouragement, being some miles away, will be less than a person in the stands, and your financial input, diluted as it is, will be much lower than a ticket buying Town fan.

Probably being less of a supporter on Sunday then, I'd suggest.

I really don't understand on 13:49 - Oct 17 with 4735 viewsHerbivore

I really don't understand on 13:39 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Are we unique then? As a club I mean. Given that most other clubs get significantly higher average crowds than they did in the late 1980s and 1990s (when our average was at its lowest)

I don't think we're unique, I think all clubs naturally have a dedicated core of fans, then a number of keen but less committed fans, then plastics (like Libby). Each club will have a different number and it's through the difficult times you tend to see that. Give Cardiff another 12 years at this level with only a couple of tilts at promotion and their attendance would be pitiful - they're only a couple of years removed from the Prem and they've already lost 11k off their attendances. Give Norwich 15 years in this league with no ups or downs and they'd be pulling about half what they do now. Arsenal fairly frequently don't sell out the Emirates anymore (especially for games not covered by season tickets). We've had enough dodgy periods to get a good sense of the make up of our fan base.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 13:49 - Oct 17 with 4731 views_

I really don't understand on 13:45 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

That first bit.. so you don't sing at games?

Even in the derby against the scum?

I really don't understand on 13:51 - Oct 17 with 4722 viewsBornBlue

I really don't understand on 13:45 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

So you never go and watch them then. The only time you see them is when they're on the telly? You're hardly a "supporter" these days then.

I never said that. You've jumped to the conclusion that I never go. I pay to go to plenty of games when they are not on TV. Of late I've been going to many away games that fit in with my work travelling around the country. But if I am going to decide to purchase maybe 3 or 4 tickets a season, why would I do so on one of the few games I could already watch. Of course this is the best game of the year, but I'm also being sensible about it; the most ITFC watching per pound across the season.
on 13:52 - Oct 17 with 4720 views_

I really don't understand on 13:49 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

I don't think we're unique, I think all clubs naturally have a dedicated core of fans, then a number of keen but less committed fans, then plastics (like Libby). Each club will have a different number and it's through the difficult times you tend to see that. Give Cardiff another 12 years at this level with only a couple of tilts at promotion and their attendance would be pitiful - they're only a couple of years removed from the Prem and they've already lost 11k off their attendances. Give Norwich 15 years in this league with no ups or downs and they'd be pulling about half what they do now. Arsenal fairly frequently don't sell out the Emirates anymore (especially for games not covered by season tickets). We've had enough dodgy periods to get a good sense of the make up of our fan base.

I really don't understand on 13:54 - Oct 17 with 4705 viewsBobbychase

I really don't understand on 13:49 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Yeah you might be right but I cannot see Cardiff ever getting a season average of 4,000 again however badly they play/plummet

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I really don't understand on 13:54 - Oct 17 with 4704 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 13:48 - Oct 17 by _

No need to get defensive and throw little jabs like that is there. As it goes, I'm on a break from doing a garden.

You don't 'want to be there'. If you wanted to be there, you'd go. You're quite happy sitting watching on sky. That's not an issue, I just wondered how you could have that mentality that's all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 4701 viewsBobbychase

on 13:52 - Oct 17 by _

Ah, so you're saying you're a superfan? Gotcha. ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 4699 viewsHerbivore

Just a gentle ribbing, I couldn't resist.

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 4696 viewshoppy

on 13:20 - Oct 17 by _

* other clubs are available.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 4694 viewsJakeITFC

on 13:49 - Oct 17 by _

Why are you getting defensive/annoyed?
I really don't understand on 13:56 - Oct 17 with 4694 viewsBobbychase

on 13:42 - Oct 17 by _

I remember their fans at Charlton the day they dropped into League One, singing all those songs about the interesting times ahead.

Hate to think what would happen at Portman Road if we were a League One club.

on 13:56 - Oct 17 with 4692 views_

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Ah, so you're saying you're a superfan? Gotcha. ;-)

I really don't understand on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 4685 viewsArcher4721

I really don't understand on 13:51 - Oct 17 by BornBlue

I never said that. You've jumped to the conclusion that I never go. I pay to go to plenty of games when they are not on TV. Of late I've been going to many away games that fit in with my work travelling around the country. But if I am going to decide to purchase maybe 3 or 4 tickets a season, why would I do so on one of the few games I could already watch. Of course this is the best game of the year, but I'm also being sensible about it; the most ITFC watching per pound across the season.

Ahh ok. Well in that case surely cost of going doesn't come into it , if you already go to plenty of games up and down the country?
I really don't understand on 13:57 - Oct 17 with 4679 viewsJ2BLUE

I really don't understand on 13:54 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

No need to get defensive and throw little jabs like that is there. As it goes, I'm on a break from doing a garden.

You don't 'want to be there'. If you wanted to be there, you'd go. You're quite happy sitting watching on sky. That's not an issue, I just wondered how you could have that mentality that's all.

He's explained his case. I think his point was fair enough. He's a married man living with his wife who has family commitments. You are a single bloke living at home, see your parents every day and probably have few commitments financially.

He has no case to answer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I really don't understand on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 4675 viewsBobbychase

on 13:56 - Oct 17 by _

I always get you two mixed up. Can't you start wearing hats or something? Different hats, obviously.

I really don't understand on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 4676 viewsHerbivore

I really don't understand on 13:54 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Yeah you might be right but I cannot see Cardiff ever getting a season average of 4,000 again however badly they play/plummet

I think I could see it close to that. Rugby is their sport, it's not much of a footballing city really and they've had little success to build up a big fan base over the years. They were third or fourth tier for years (including the time in question) and given that they're already down at 16k last season when they were in the Prem in 2014 I think another relegation and a few years of stagnation would see them pulling under 10k for sure.

I really don't understand on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 4675 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I really don't understand on 13:37 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

In that period, Norwich have had some awful seasons as well as good ones. They also had a season in League One but retained the bulk of their support.

That argument hold absolutely no water..

If we were to have been relegated 10 years ago and then romped to promotion in L1 then we would have filled out the stadium without fail. The league (and opposition) isn't really as big of an issue if you turn up each game with high expectancy of winning.. and winning well.

On the flip side we've been ground down with relentless monotony which understandably, many have found other things to do than p!$$ money up the wall to spend a couple of hours getting yourself into a fit of rage and frustration.
on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 4674 views_

I really don't understand on 13:54 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I really don't understand on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 4669 viewsStenvict

No one asked for your life story mate

Poll: What will be announced first?

on 13:59 - Oct 17 with 4668 views_

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 by JakeITFC

Why are you getting defensive/annoyed?

I really don't understand on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 4662 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really don't understand on 13:57 - Oct 17 by J2BLUE

He's explained his case. I think his point was fair enough. He's a married man living with his wife who has family commitments. You are a single bloke living at home, see your parents every day and probably have few commitments financially.

He has no case to answer.

I never said he has a case to answer.

He once questioned me about something for so long and his reasoning was 'if you are going to post on a public forum, be prepared to be questioned on it'. Is it not fair game for me to do the exact same thing?

At least in this case it's about Ipswich!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I really don't understand on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 4659 viewsHerbivore

I really don't understand on 13:56 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

I remember their fans at Charlton the day they dropped into League One, singing all those songs about the interesting times ahead.

Hate to think what would happen at Portman Road if we were a League One club.

Bear in mind though they went down having been in the Prem just a year (or was it two?) earlier. They had a squad that was ridiculous for League 1 and rightly bounced back easily. If we went down it'd be off the back of 15 years of nothingness so it's not really comparable.

on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 4659 views_

I really don't understand on 13:59 - Oct 17 by Stenvict

No one asked for your life story mate

I really don't understand on 14:01 - Oct 17 with 4653 viewsBornBlue

I really don't understand on 13:57 - Oct 17 by Archer4721

Ahh ok. Well in that case surely cost of going doesn't come into it , if you already go to plenty of games up and down the country?

If Sky puts any Ipswich game on Sky, I will not be at the ground. I will then pay for an additional 3, 4, 5 whatever games live per season. By going Sunday I would be "paying twice".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024