Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't understand 13:04 - Oct 17 with 28885 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why any Ipswich fan who can get to game wouldn't go on Sunday. Whether your Mick in or Mick out it's the Derby, embarrassing if you don't go to support.

Edit/ seeing the replies i feel like I should be clearer. What I meant was that if you Can get to the game you should go. This doesn't mean if you live near Portman road or can get there you should be there, but if you are simply choosing not to go because you don't want to you should be there. People have commitments, some things are more important than football. But my point with it being embarrassing remains, we should be selling more tickets then we have.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 15:06]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

on 14:02 - Oct 17 with 4723 views_

I really don't understand on 14:00 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Bear in mind though they went down having been in the Prem just a year (or was it two?) earlier. They had a squad that was ridiculous for League 1 and rightly bounced back easily. If we went down it'd be off the back of 15 years of nothingness so it's not really comparable.

on 14:03 - Oct 17 with 4716 views_

I really don't understand on 13:55 - Oct 17 by Herbivore

Just a gentle ribbing, I couldn't resist.

I really don't understand on 14:04 - Oct 17 with 4713 viewsVaughan8

People's opinions of "can get to the game" are different. Potentially I could get to the game, but another person opinion (aka mine), I can't get to the game.

10 years ago I would have dropped everything to go to this game, now I wouldn't. Unfortunately this game (or football as a whole) is not that important in my whole life at the moment. I can't even watch it so I must be the worst supporter of us all!

So many super fans on here . Why are you so bothered it isn't going to be a full house and calling it "embarrassing"?
I really don't understand on 14:07 - Oct 17 with 4698 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I really don't understand on 14:04 - Oct 17 by Vaughan8

People's opinions of "can get to the game" are different. Potentially I could get to the game, but another person opinion (aka mine), I can't get to the game.

10 years ago I would have dropped everything to go to this game, now I wouldn't. Unfortunately this game (or football as a whole) is not that important in my whole life at the moment. I can't even watch it so I must be the worst supporter of us all!

So many super fans on here . Why are you so bothered it isn't going to be a full house and calling it "embarrassing"?

It is embarrassing.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I really don't understand on 14:08 - Oct 17 with 4693 viewsStenvict

I really don't understand on 14:04 - Oct 17 by Vaughan8

You wouldn't understand, you're not a fan

Poll: What will be announced first?

I really don't understand on 14:09 - Oct 17 with 4693 viewsJakeITFC

on 13:59 - Oct 17 by _

I disagree though - surely it's fairly obvious that somebody in attendance is offering more support than someone who isn't?
I really don't understand on 14:12 - Oct 17 with 4671 viewstextbackup

on 13:48 - Oct 17 by _

Totally agree, saturday will be my first day off in 20, whilst trying to fit in doing up the house and bringing up the kids to best of ability.... but Norwich at home is on the calendar the same as I'd put kids bdays on there, it's just the done thing in my head

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I really don't understand on 14:12 - Oct 17 with 4669 viewsVaughan8

I really don't understand on 14:07 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

It is embarrassing.

Why do you care what other people do with their money/time though?
Login to get fewer ads

I really don't understand on 14:13 - Oct 17 with 4663 viewsHerbivore

on 14:03 - Oct 17 by _

Of course, I've got my season ticket in SBR lower. I've been on holiday for the last three home derbies (including the play off game) so I'm bang up for this one. Just need to find somewhere selling booze at 9am.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 14:13 - Oct 17 with 4665 views_

I really don't understand on 14:09 - Oct 17 by JakeITFC

I disagree though - surely it's fairly obvious that somebody in attendance is offering more support than someone who isn't?

I really don't understand on 14:14 - Oct 17 with 4659 viewsVaughan8

I really don't understand on 14:08 - Oct 17 by Stenvict

You wouldn't understand, you're not a fan

Please explain........
I really don't understand on 14:14 - Oct 17 with 4651 viewsStenvict

I really don't understand on 14:09 - Oct 17 by JakeITFC

Of course not. By watching on Sky, you're paying for Sky TV which eventually gets given to the club through TV rights, which then gets dished out by Marcus Evans on the players' wages. Money is their only motivation. Cheering them on in the stadium doesn't pay the wages. We should be thankful for the armchair supporter, keeping the club afloat.

on 14:15 - Oct 17 with 4646 views_

I really don't understand on 14:00 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I never said he has a case to answer.

He once questioned me about something for so long and his reasoning was 'if you are going to post on a public forum, be prepared to be questioned on it'. Is it not fair game for me to do the exact same thing?

At least in this case it's about Ipswich!

I really don't understand on 14:17 - Oct 17 with 4636 viewsBobbychase

I really don't understand on 13:58 - Oct 17 by King_of_Portman_Rd

That argument hold absolutely no water..

If we were to have been relegated 10 years ago and then romped to promotion in L1 then we would have filled out the stadium without fail. The league (and opposition) isn't really as big of an issue if you turn up each game with high expectancy of winning.. and winning well.

On the flip side we've been ground down with relentless monotony which understandably, many have found other things to do than p!$$ money up the wall to spend a couple of hours getting yourself into a fit of rage and frustration.

Bulk of their crowds when they were in League One were ST holders, not people who saw them playing well from the autumn onwards and then got involved. There was no guarantee they would romp the division at the start of the season, especially when they lost their first home game 7-1 to Colchester.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I really don't understand on 14:17 - Oct 17 with 4635 viewshype313

Some of us have Kids, and as much as it might surprise you, there are other things in life that get prioritized over a game of footy.

I can hand on heart say I'm not one bit embarrassed by that.

What's embarrassing is having a pop at people for the way they life their life, and showing true ignorance for that.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 14:19 - Oct 17 with 4615 views_

I really don't understand on 14:17 - Oct 17 by hype313

Some of us have Kids, and as much as it might surprise you, there are other things in life that get prioritized over a game of footy.

What's embarrassing is having a pop at people for the way they life their life, and showing true ignorance for that.

I really don't understand on 14:20 - Oct 17 with 4607 viewsVaughan8

Have an up arrow! Don't even bother trying to explain it to them.....! As you say, its not embarrassing I can't go, I just can't make it due to other commitments! DUe to these I can't even watch it on TV Obviously I would like to go/watch it on TV!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 14:21]
I really don't understand on 14:21 - Oct 17 with 4600 viewshype313

on 14:19 - Oct 17 by _

Yeah, I hang my head in shame, feel free to dig me out.

I really don't understand on 14:21 - Oct 17 with 4590 viewsStenvict

Read the thread.

You have a perfect enough reason, that's not the issue.

I really don't understand on 14:24 - Oct 17 with 4577 viewshype313

I really don't understand on 14:21 - Oct 17 by Stenvict

Read the thread.

I did, I can get to the game, I chose not too as I would rather spend my time with my kids on a Sunday.

I really don't understand on 14:26 - Oct 17 with 4569 viewsVaughan8

I really don't understand on 14:21 - Oct 17 by Stenvict

Read the thread.

Depends what "could get there" means?

Someone's opinion may differ to you. If someone had 3 kids to look after that day, they COULD get there, with their 3 kids. However, they have chosen not to. Get it?
I really don't understand on 14:30 - Oct 17 with 4548 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 13:58 - Oct 17 by _

Can I ask, why have you not seen these people for nearly a month and why is it so important to see them this Sunday? Why not see them on the Saturday? Or next weekend? It seems like awfully bad planning for a Town supporter to arrange to see family/friends on the most important day in the season for a Town supporter.

You've got another 364 days in the year to choose from!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I really don't understand on 14:31 - Oct 17 with 4546 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Worrying what other people (strangers) do on a given day is a strange thing to be concerning yourselves with. The only connection being a shared love for a football club.

I'd suggest worrying about something else, something that is perhaps more important or at least something you can have some affect over "control the controllables"
I really don't understand on 14:31 - Oct 17 with 4543 viewsStenvict

I really don't understand on 14:26 - Oct 17 by Vaughan8

Depends what "could get there" means?

Someone's opinion may differ to you. If someone had 3 kids to look after that day, they COULD get there, with their 3 kids. However, they have chosen not to. Get it?

I understand perfectly.

Look at my first response to this thread. I'm referring to those that refuse to go purely because of the situation the club is in right now with MM and ME.

I really don't understand on 14:31 - Oct 17 with 4544 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 14:15 - Oct 17 by _

Indeed. You'd have let me know if I said anything out of order I'm sure

Perhaps one day when I have a missus I'll at least be able to understand your reasoning on this one but hey ho.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024