Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73072 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:10 - Dec 5 with 3840 viewsblue_oyster

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 14:56 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

I think everyone should go through the process of trying to get to the bottom of what a different race, ethno-linguistic or ethno-religious group, and a different nationality actually is. They'll soon give up and learn that it's much easier to look for similarities between people and just try to get on with everyone instead.

But in answer to your point Poles are geographically and linguistically Slavic people. Slavs are Aryan. Hitler (there you go, I said it) claimed to want a master race of Aryans. But north Africans are strictly aryans, so he probably wanted a race of white aryans. Jews are largely white aryans, so he probably wanted a master race of white, non-Jewish aryans. But he didn't like Slavs either, so he probably just wanted a race of white, non-Jewish Germanic people. If he'd ever looked in the mirror long enough, he'd have come to the conclusion that he was neither tall enough, nor was his hair sufficiently blond for a super sexy master race.

See, if Hitler had given it adequate thought, he'd have given up on his dreams of having a master race and would most likely become an actor doing spoof Chaplin films instead.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 15:08]

It's almost like 'racism' and 'fascism' are just meaningless labels, isn't it?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:17 - Dec 5 with 3817 viewsSpruceMoose

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:10 - Dec 5 by blue_oyster

Now Benters has gone, are you aiming for the title of most ludicrous poster or something?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:24 - Dec 5 with 3809 viewsJ2BLUE

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:17 - Dec 5 by SpruceMoose

Now Benters has gone, are you aiming for the title of most ludicrous poster or something?

Benters never got close to his level.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:29 - Dec 5 with 3782 viewsSpruceMoose

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:24 - Dec 5 by J2BLUE

Benters never got close to his level.

That's true, I was a little unfair on the Big B there, I admit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:33 - Dec 5 with 3775 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:10 - Dec 5 by blue_oyster

In most instances you're probably right. I even find the terms "white" and "black" meaningless in most cases.

Having said all of that, that doesn't excuse people of being ugly towards or even hateful of others but I'm certainly not going to get into the acrimonious and unnecessary debate of "Benters: Racist or not?"

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:36 - Dec 5 with 3771 viewsSwailsey

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:33 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

In most instances you're probably right. I even find the terms "white" and "black" meaningless in most cases.

Having said all of that, that doesn't excuse people of being ugly towards or even hateful of others but I'm certainly not going to get into the acrimonious and unnecessary debate of "Benters: Racist or not?"

Is he?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:55 - Dec 5 with 3723 viewsblue_oyster

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 15:33 - Dec 5 by caught-in-limbo

Indeed, it does not excuse any unpleasantness or violence. Linking to those definitions as a point of argument certainly has its issues, as you touch upon in your post. Anyone who has studied the Soviet Union can see the problems with using subjective labels, then putting the power of the state behind these labels.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:49 - Dec 5 with 3610 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:45 - Dec 3 by jeera

Yes, I agree he was being used by someone who shared his more extreme views but isn't bold enough to voice them himself/herself directly.

Manipulative really.

Perhaps you should be bold enough to name that person “who shared his more extreme views but isn't bold enough to voice them himself/herself directly”? That’s quite cowardly to leave it hanging.

What I have noticed reading this thread this afternoon is that you spent nearly a whole day on here yesterday having a pop at either Benters or anyone who didn’t share your view on the bloke. Most vicious of those was the way you dismissed Ryorry, a poster who has bent over backwards to defend some of your late night sweary rants. Your true colours were on show there.

Having read the comments from you and Libby on this page it appears to me that you both fail to understand the difference between somebody defending Benters views and somebody speaking out against a constant bullying campaign against him that bordered on the obsessive. One can engage in the latter without condoning the former.

I’ve seen Benters chased from thread to thread about something he said in the past completely unrelated to the topic of that particular thread. If there was a story about immigration in the news then Benters would be referenced with the usual “racist” digs even when he wasn’t logged on or had contributed to the thread. Eventually it seemed to be open season on calling Benters out on a subject even if he hadn’t contributed to it. That is baiting and bullying.

I don’t think Benters is a racist. He has views on immigration that I disagree with. But his views are formed from life experiences. He saw his wages driven down by cheap migrant labour. That wasn’t the fault of the immigrant and I tried to debate that with him. If I disagreed with him then I would try to explain why I disagreed with him. Whenever I did that it would be followed by several posters saying “you’re wasting your time Glassers he’s too thick to understand”. A perfect example of those who preach tolerance being the most intolerant on here.

It can’t have been fun for the bloke to log on here most mornings to see that somebody had already had a pop at him before is day had started. So it probably wore him down in the end.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:53 - Dec 5 with 3596 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:04 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

GB has gone very quiet............maybe they've eloped.

GB has been in the south of France. Looks like the place has fallen apart without me.

Iron Lion Zion

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:55 - Dec 5 with 3591 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 17:37 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

It's the implication that someone whose parentage is Tunisian isn't really French I would imagine. He frequently made suggestions of this kind of nature and the common denominator was always that the person in question was brown and living in a country that Benters viewed as being white.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 17:38]

So what you are saying is that Fred is a racist for constantly calling the Queen a German and not quite British?

Iron Lion Zion

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:12 - Dec 5 with 3549 viewsSpruceMoose

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:49 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps you should be bold enough to name that person “who shared his more extreme views but isn't bold enough to voice them himself/herself directly”? That’s quite cowardly to leave it hanging.

What I have noticed reading this thread this afternoon is that you spent nearly a whole day on here yesterday having a pop at either Benters or anyone who didn’t share your view on the bloke. Most vicious of those was the way you dismissed Ryorry, a poster who has bent over backwards to defend some of your late night sweary rants. Your true colours were on show there.

Having read the comments from you and Libby on this page it appears to me that you both fail to understand the difference between somebody defending Benters views and somebody speaking out against a constant bullying campaign against him that bordered on the obsessive. One can engage in the latter without condoning the former.

I’ve seen Benters chased from thread to thread about something he said in the past completely unrelated to the topic of that particular thread. If there was a story about immigration in the news then Benters would be referenced with the usual “racist” digs even when he wasn’t logged on or had contributed to the thread. Eventually it seemed to be open season on calling Benters out on a subject even if he hadn’t contributed to it. That is baiting and bullying.

I don’t think Benters is a racist. He has views on immigration that I disagree with. But his views are formed from life experiences. He saw his wages driven down by cheap migrant labour. That wasn’t the fault of the immigrant and I tried to debate that with him. If I disagreed with him then I would try to explain why I disagreed with him. Whenever I did that it would be followed by several posters saying “you’re wasting your time Glassers he’s too thick to understand”. A perfect example of those who preach tolerance being the most intolerant on here.

It can’t have been fun for the bloke to log on here most mornings to see that somebody had already had a pop at him before is day had started. So it probably wore him down in the end.

Here he is!

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:20 - Dec 5 with 3528 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:12 - Dec 5 by SpruceMoose

Here he is!

As insightful as ever sprucey.

Iron Lion Zion

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:22 - Dec 5 with 3519 viewsHerbivore

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 18:55 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

So what you are saying is that Fred is a racist for constantly calling the Queen a German and not quite British?

I think what I'm saying is pretty clearly articulated in the post you quoted, your response is rather odd.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:23 - Dec 5 with 3510 viewsSpruceMoose

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:20 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

As insightful as ever sprucey.

Just trying to keep the memory of Benters alive

Hope you enjoyed your holiday anyway, you brute.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:32 - Dec 5 with 3486 viewsBrixtonBlue

He brought a lot of it on himself.

When I was at a low ebb you PM'd me, as did a number of posters. I really appreciated that. Benters just took the piss. That's really nasty and spiteful. Even if I didn't like someone I wouldn't have a pop at them when they admitted to being suicidal. That's as low as you can go in my book.

We have our spats but I respect you (as I do most on this board, and especially those who messaged me when I was in a sh!t place). Benters? No. He's tried to talk to me at PR but I just walk away now. I have plenty of good friends, I don't need any tw@ts.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:47 - Dec 5 with 3447 viewsRyorry

I think your efforts to try and enlighten B were exemplary, it was significant that he obviously listened to you more than anyone else, so your patience was kind of rewarded - even if he didn't seem to absorb much at the time, I think education like that often only sinks in later, and behind the scenes.

Totally agree re the constant calling of him out - if people wanted to criticise him on the threads where he had been offensive/out of order, then of course that was necessary and fair enough. But the frequent baiting by some who kept mentioning him in new thread subject headers associated with unpleasant news items or whatever, gave the board a very ugly feel. It doesn't matter whether he did that himself, two wrongs don't make a right etc. and it's up to everyone to rise above that level.

The hypocrisy has been a significant issue for me too - some of the same people who slated him for xenophobia, racism etc., not hesitating to mock him for "stupidity" - apparently oblivious to the fact that number of braincells people are born with is no more a matter of their choice than the colour of their skin is!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 19:48]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:17 - Dec 5 with 3387 viewsDanTheMan

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 19:47 - Dec 5 by Ryorry

I think your efforts to try and enlighten B were exemplary, it was significant that he obviously listened to you more than anyone else, so your patience was kind of rewarded - even if he didn't seem to absorb much at the time, I think education like that often only sinks in later, and behind the scenes.

Totally agree re the constant calling of him out - if people wanted to criticise him on the threads where he had been offensive/out of order, then of course that was necessary and fair enough. But the frequent baiting by some who kept mentioning him in new thread subject headers associated with unpleasant news items or whatever, gave the board a very ugly feel. It doesn't matter whether he did that himself, two wrongs don't make a right etc. and it's up to everyone to rise above that level.

The hypocrisy has been a significant issue for me too - some of the same people who slated him for xenophobia, racism etc., not hesitating to mock him for "stupidity" - apparently oblivious to the fact that number of braincells people are born with is no more a matter of their choice than the colour of their skin is!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 19:48]

"The hypocrisy has been a significant issue for me too - some of the same people who slated him for xenophobia, racism etc., not hesitating to mock him for "stupidity" - apparently oblivious to the fact that number of braincells people are born with is no more a matter of their choice than the colour of their skin is!"

Those just are not equatable. People have faced decades of real abuse, being called stupid on an internet forum is barely scratching the surface.

Honestly I'm amazed at how many are rushing to defend someone who "joked" about gunning people down at the channel tunnel. He can be as nice as he wants in real life but if those were his views, he's a disgraceful human being. It's not funny, it's never been funny and it shouldn't just be an "oh it's just his opinion" kind of deal.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2017 20:20]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:25 - Dec 5 with 3370 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

'It can’t have been fun for the bloke to log on here most mornings to see that somebody had already had a pop at him before is day had started. So it probably wore him down in the end.'

Fair point. But I also remember that I woke up for 12 months for college and had him and Taxi do the exact same thing. On threads I wasn't in and at 6/7 in the morning. One such thread was deleted by Phil by 8:30am because of comments from them two. The point is, if he can give it out and have no issue 'because it's not real life', he should be able to take it 'because it's not real life' too, no? As I've said already in this thread, I found Benters far nicer after his pals left and rarely had any issue with him. But when you think of the comments he made to others on here (Chris Swailes and Libby's mental health issues, Dollys suicidal thoughts, etc), you can see how people wouldn't be able to get over the past and move on like i did. Because even on the internet, these are still hurtful comments.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:29 - Dec 5 with 3348 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:17 - Dec 5 by DanTheMan

"The hypocrisy has been a significant issue for me too - some of the same people who slated him for xenophobia, racism etc., not hesitating to mock him for "stupidity" - apparently oblivious to the fact that number of braincells people are born with is no more a matter of their choice than the colour of their skin is!"

Those just are not equatable. People have faced decades of real abuse, being called stupid on an internet forum is barely scratching the surface.

Honestly I'm amazed at how many are rushing to defend someone who "joked" about gunning people down at the channel tunnel. He can be as nice as he wants in real life but if those were his views, he's a disgraceful human being. It's not funny, it's never been funny and it shouldn't just be an "oh it's just his opinion" kind of deal.

Once again: NO ONE IS DEFENDING WHAT HE SAID! The Chanel tunnel comment was beyond the pale. He was rightly pulled up for it at the time. But somebody threw that in his face just last week simply for saying he didn't particularly like another poster. Two years later and completely unrelated.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pulling somebody up for what they say. But it's not defending their views by pointing out that there are a select few who are constantly trolling, baiting and bullying benters on threads he is not involved in or unrelated to that subject of the thread.

Iron Lion Zion

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:31 - Dec 5 with 3333 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:25 - Dec 5 by The_Romford_Blue

'It can’t have been fun for the bloke to log on here most mornings to see that somebody had already had a pop at him before is day had started. So it probably wore him down in the end.'

Fair point. But I also remember that I woke up for 12 months for college and had him and Taxi do the exact same thing. On threads I wasn't in and at 6/7 in the morning. One such thread was deleted by Phil by 8:30am because of comments from them two. The point is, if he can give it out and have no issue 'because it's not real life', he should be able to take it 'because it's not real life' too, no? As I've said already in this thread, I found Benters far nicer after his pals left and rarely had any issue with him. But when you think of the comments he made to others on here (Chris Swailes and Libby's mental health issues, Dollys suicidal thoughts, etc), you can see how people wouldn't be able to get over the past and move on like i did. Because even on the internet, these are still hurtful comments.

You may recall that I had a go at him and Taxi when they were chasing you. It didn't look good and he accepted that.

Iron Lion Zion

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:32 - Dec 5 with 3324 viewsDanTheMan

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:29 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

Once again: NO ONE IS DEFENDING WHAT HE SAID! The Chanel tunnel comment was beyond the pale. He was rightly pulled up for it at the time. But somebody threw that in his face just last week simply for saying he didn't particularly like another poster. Two years later and completely unrelated.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pulling somebody up for what they say. But it's not defending their views by pointing out that there are a select few who are constantly trolling, baiting and bullying benters on threads he is not involved in or unrelated to that subject of the thread.

He was rightly pulled up, time after time, for lots of things.

And nothing happened.

And still people defended him.

Where were you guys when Rommers was getting tailed by Taxi and him into every thread?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:33 - Dec 5 with 3325 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:17 - Dec 5 by DanTheMan

I'm not defending him, he frequently baited me in a sickening way about my own health problems (starting"flares" threads etc), and if you'd read the earlier pages of the thread in their entirety instead of selectively, you'd see that I slated him numerous times for comments such as his "machine gun 'illegals' at the chunnel exit" etc.

What I did ask for is that people should refrain from resorting to belittling or bullying attacks on threads where he hadn't been abusive, or even been on the thread at all. Because for people to do that is just hypocritical, imho, and makes the board an unpleasant place in the same kind of way that he himself could.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:36 - Dec 5 with 3306 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:32 - Dec 5 by DanTheMan

He was rightly pulled up, time after time, for lots of things.

And nothing happened.

And still people defended him.

Where were you guys when Rommers was getting tailed by Taxi and him into every thread?

I was here telling him he was bang out of order. He apologised to Rommers and stopped.

Iron Lion Zion

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:37 - Dec 5 with 4007 viewsDanTheMan

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:36 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

I was here telling him he was bang out of order. He apologised to Rommers and stopped.

Oh well, that's alright then.

Just a lot more apologies to go for all the other horrible things he said to people.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:39 - Dec 5 with 4007 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 20:25 - Dec 5 by The_Romford_Blue

I've also had a couple of people bully me on a regular basis without getting called out for it - seems some people are indeed untouchable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024