Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73052 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:44 - Dec 4 with 3557 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:37 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

It's not going to be interesting.

It'll be either food or language related.

Possibly I'll try to find a way of combining the 2.

It's language.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:47 - Dec 4 with 3519 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:44 - Dec 4 by jeera

It's not going to be interesting.

It'll be either food or language related.

Possibly I'll try to find a way of combining the 2.

It's language.

Language is my thing. I'm still intrigued.

** Apologies to Bloots for hijacking his Benters' obituary thread. **
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 10:49]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:48 - Dec 4 with 3535 viewsSwailsey

n/t

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:54 - Dec 4 with 3507 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:47 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Language is my thing. I'm still intrigued.

** Apologies to Bloots for hijacking his Benters' obituary thread. **
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 10:49]

"Language is my thing. "

Yes, I know. That's why I would like your advice on it.

I'm tired - been awake for days it feels.

With your permission I shall PM you at some point.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:54 - Dec 4 with 3510 viewsBlueBadger

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:46 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

But why though? He always said he never cared what people on here thought of him. And I believed him.

That'll be why he routinely down voted anything vaguely insulting said to him, no matter how light hearted and obviously jokey it was.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:55 - Dec 4 with 3501 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:54 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

That'll be why he routinely down voted anything vaguely insulting said to him, no matter how light hearted and obviously jokey it was.

Or just anything vague for that matter.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:56 - Dec 4 with 3498 viewsSwailsey

:)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:56 - Dec 4 with 3475 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:54 - Dec 4 by jeera

"Language is my thing. "

Yes, I know. That's why I would like your advice on it.

I'm tired - been awake for days it feels.

With your permission I shall PM you at some point.

Anyone can PM me.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:07 - Dec 4 with 3466 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:56 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Anyone can PM me.

Thanks.

That makes me feel special.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:11 - Dec 4 with 3447 viewsblue_oyster

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:06 - Dec 4 by jeera

Rubbish.

Absolute deliberate attempt at trouble making, rubbish.

You used to be fun, and interesting.

Someone's hacked your account.

I enjoy exposing the intolerance of others who are afraid to think and who try to reenforce the general consensus, but I think Benters just got bored of it. Not offended, just bored.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:16 - Dec 4 with 3435 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:11 - Dec 4 by blue_oyster

I enjoy exposing the intolerance of others who are afraid to think and who try to reenforce the general consensus, but I think Benters just got bored of it. Not offended, just bored.

That stuff you just posted right there.

Honestly, only happens in your head.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:16 - Dec 4 with 3438 viewsRyorry

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:46 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

He admits he left school at 14 and went into the building trade.

Perhaps he’s not as intelligent as a lot of people on here!

But you said in your earlier post that you found him intelligent.

Tbh, that kinda knocks back some of the slack I was prepared to cut him, as people obviously can't help how many or how few braincells they're born with - if he was "intelligent" as you said, he really had less excuse to say some of the things that he did.

But you've endorsed what I said earlier about people who've met him finding him a lot more likeable than his persona on here. Nevertheless, this is obviously a message-board, so for those of us who hadn't met him, it was obviously reasonable to think of him only in terms of what he posted on it.

Edit - and I'll add that leaving school at 14 and going into the building trade, doesn't equate with lack of intelligence. I left school at 15!! and think you need considerable brains to be a builder (in Germany, you have to acquire 'MasterBuilder' qualifications to be legit).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 11:20]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:24 - Dec 4 with 3411 viewsPJH

Perhaps he is going to be a Galloway coach driver.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:52 - Dec 4 with 3363 viewsJ2BLUE

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:51 - Dec 4 by jeera

I started on the markets at 12.

And I have spent my life trying to make up for my lack of education ever since.

I hate being ill-informed, uneducated and ignorant.

And I will continue to try to right that until I die.

Already done it mate, you're none of those things.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:53 - Dec 4 with 3361 viewsBlueBadger

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:24 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

Perhaps he was p1ssed off with one persons bordering on psychopathic bullying obsession with him?

Benter's spoke his mind sometimes it was wide of the mark, but that is how conversations are created, without it people just nod, supposedly knowingly.

I think you're possibly confusing 'calling out his bullsh1t with some occasional mockery' with bullying here.
And I thought it was us bobble-hatted lefties who were supposed to be the over-sensitive snowflakes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:58 - Dec 4 with 3346 viewsBlueBadger

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 10:33 - Dec 4 by uncle

That's a shame. A controversial 'character', but i'd chatted with him about an issue we had both mutually faced, and he is great. Never met the fella, but I've nothing but good thing to say about him.

As for the baiting on here, it just passes me by really.

Hope you're ok Benter.

For my money, I reckon he got in with the wrong crowd. Always a wind-up merchant but there developed an increasingly more nasty element to it when he stopped associating with TB and started hanging out with the Top Gear gang.
I'm sad to see the old Benters go, the one we've seen latterly I'm more than relieved to see the back of.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:01 - Dec 4 with 3340 viewsgiant_stow

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:53 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

I think you're possibly confusing 'calling out his bullsh1t with some occasional mockery' with bullying here.
And I thought it was us bobble-hatted lefties who were supposed to be the over-sensitive snowflakes.

I doubt Factual wants or needs my suppport, but just to say that although he certainly gives it out, he gets loads back too (psychopathic bullying obsession is pretty strong, no?!).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 12:07]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:06 - Dec 4 with 3322 viewsDarth_Koont

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 11:53 - Dec 4 by BlueBadger

'Zurrers is just annoyed that his proxy has gone.

There are quite a few posters (and several on this thread) who used Benters' objectionable forays into social commentary to push their own dodgy views on every subject from Hillsborough to Islam.

Pronouns: He/Him

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:17 - Dec 4 with 3271 viewsJohnny_Boy

Shut it TB Boy xxx
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:25 - Dec 4 with 3260 viewsJ2BLUE

Nothing i'm about to post should be seen as a defence of his views, whether real or put on for affect, but these a few things i've noticed over the months/years:

1) Some people felt it was ok to be abusive to him across threads. If he posts something about immigrants etc on a thread then by all means attack his views but when he was posting quite normally about something completely different I don't think it's nice seeing posts like 'Yea well you're a daft racist anyway' etc. Linked with this point is that some people also thought it was ok to attack him viciously because he was wrong. I think 99% of us would agree racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia etc etc are all wrong and unwelcome and some people seem to think as they are right they can post whatever they want aimed at him and don't hold themselves to the same standard they expect from others.

2) I think he is bitter about what he has gone through. He once posted something and I remember replying I think that post said more than you wanted to. I can't remember the thread or what he said. I have no idea about his personal life and think it would be wrong to speculate beyond what he seemed to suggest in that post but he may well have been through a lot more than we know.

3) As GB has often pointed out, he is a product of a different era. I think he thought that most of us take the internet too seriously. Lots of us have now grown up with the internet. Perhaps it was an escape for him from the real world and his persona can't be taken too seriously. Again, not defending him posting what he did whether he was serious or not.

4) He could be genuinely nice/helpful. I know he helped some posters dealing with similar issues to what he went through. When he got posting about his garden or cycling he was quite pleasant.

5) I think he played up to the village idiot, little Englander reputation he had. There's been a few times over the last few months when I have noticed a really good post, looked to see who posted it and it was him. This board has a long memory. Once you get a reputation it's hard to shake off so maybe he thought he would play up to it?

People can agree or disagree, these are just observations. I hope he comes back. If he came back and avoided certain threads or posted his views and then accepted replies he could be a decent poster.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:35 - Dec 4 with 3207 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:01 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

I doubt Factual wants or needs my suppport, but just to say that although he certainly gives it out, he gets loads back too (psychopathic bullying obsession is pretty strong, no?!).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2017 12:07]

No it isn't to strong, the only way to deal with bullies is to confront and turn the tables.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:39 - Dec 4 with 3196 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:06 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

'Zurrers is just annoyed that his proxy has gone.

There are quite a few posters (and several on this thread) who used Benters' objectionable forays into social commentary to push their own dodgy views on every subject from Hillsborough to Islam.

Oh look someone conjured up a small minded nationalist.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:39 - Dec 4 with 3195 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:25 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

Nothing i'm about to post should be seen as a defence of his views, whether real or put on for affect, but these a few things i've noticed over the months/years:

1) Some people felt it was ok to be abusive to him across threads. If he posts something about immigrants etc on a thread then by all means attack his views but when he was posting quite normally about something completely different I don't think it's nice seeing posts like 'Yea well you're a daft racist anyway' etc. Linked with this point is that some people also thought it was ok to attack him viciously because he was wrong. I think 99% of us would agree racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia etc etc are all wrong and unwelcome and some people seem to think as they are right they can post whatever they want aimed at him and don't hold themselves to the same standard they expect from others.

2) I think he is bitter about what he has gone through. He once posted something and I remember replying I think that post said more than you wanted to. I can't remember the thread or what he said. I have no idea about his personal life and think it would be wrong to speculate beyond what he seemed to suggest in that post but he may well have been through a lot more than we know.

3) As GB has often pointed out, he is a product of a different era. I think he thought that most of us take the internet too seriously. Lots of us have now grown up with the internet. Perhaps it was an escape for him from the real world and his persona can't be taken too seriously. Again, not defending him posting what he did whether he was serious or not.

4) He could be genuinely nice/helpful. I know he helped some posters dealing with similar issues to what he went through. When he got posting about his garden or cycling he was quite pleasant.

5) I think he played up to the village idiot, little Englander reputation he had. There's been a few times over the last few months when I have noticed a really good post, looked to see who posted it and it was him. This board has a long memory. Once you get a reputation it's hard to shake off so maybe he thought he would play up to it?

People can agree or disagree, these are just observations. I hope he comes back. If he came back and avoided certain threads or posted his views and then accepted replies he could be a decent poster.

I agree about number two and four.

I've found him pleasant in general over the last few months when he wasn't with the other two.

I just find it odd that he of all people would randomly leave for seemingly no reason at all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:39 - Dec 4 with 3191 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:35 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

No it isn't to strong, the only way to deal with bullies is to confront and turn the tables.

So there you go.

You do get it.

When posters like TB or OG or Bentley bully others, they should get some back.

That's settled.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:41 - Dec 4 with 3183 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 12:39 - Dec 4 by jeera

So there you go.

You do get it.

When posters like TB or OG or Bentley bully others, they should get some back.

That's settled.

Was old git a bully? I'm not so sure on that one J.

He had some dodgy views for this day and age but I never thought of him as a bully at any stage

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024