Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21:07 - Dec 4 with 12965 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 08:04 - Dec 7 with 4182 viewschicoazul

on 07:20 - Dec 7 by _

Tell her if she is as miserable as when you went on holiday together that's where she will be able to find you.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 08:58 - Dec 7 with 4150 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

BORING

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 09:30 - Dec 7 with 4137 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I went with the missus a few weeks ago. Sorry if this is a bit long!

We stayed up near the castle, the castle is great to look around to waste a day... you don't need to pay to walk in to the grounds and look around the outside etc; it's about £10 if you want to have a look through the various chapels - definitely worth it.

Loads of bars and places to eat on both sides of the river... cheaper on the side with the castle "Lesser Town" as opposed to where all the tourists are "Old Town" but it's a short walk over Charles Bridge to get between the two. There is a bar on the river's edge in Old Town which is the Beer Museum pub, containing about 30 beers on tap!

My favourite restaurant was V Zatisi... highly recommended, but pricey. You absolutely don't need to spend a fortune with loads of cheap beer (cheapest pint I found was 39Kc which is just over a quid!). Again, you'll pay slightly more in Old Town and restaurants but never over £2. It's very difficult not to find places offering cheap local food - goulash at a fiver. The cabbage soup doesn't sound appealing but give it a go... is actually very nice!

A bar that you MUST visit is the oldest pub in Prague... dating back to 1300s, it's on a back road on one of the paths you use to walk back down from the castle towards Charles Bridge/Old Town. Lit by candles, fit barmaids serving beer the old fashioned way, good reasonably priced food, sword fights, people eating fire... all while you just sit there enjoying your pint. Doesn't look very inviting from the outside but go in.

Use the tram to get to the castle (number 22), it's a steep hill!
I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 4127 viewsusm

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 22:12 - Dec 4 by WD19

Just sit in the main square by the funky clock and drink specialty beers and eat ice cream.

If you get bored wander around and watch folk getting their feet chewed by fish in massage parlour windows.

This.

Theres a nice little cocktail bar just off the main square (or at least there was) - near the strange "cuckoo" clock tower thing. Worth a visit. Sit at the bar with your ohone video camera ready ...

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 10:09 - Dec 7 with 4116 viewsJakeITFC

As in every European city, expect to pay a lot more for food and drink in the central area.

You only have to walk a couple of blocks to pay <£1 a beer even now, and we were eating very well for less than £10 a head whilst staying a bit out of the city centre.

The football is alright if not on a winter break - don’t buy a ticket though, there will be people touting outside (we got seats in the directors box for about £4).
I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 12:27 - Dec 7 with 4088 viewsGlasgowBlue

Could be a decent Plan B if the weather isn't up to her expectations again and she spends the day in bed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 16:30 - Dec 7 with 4045 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 12:27 - Dec 7 by GlasgowBlue

Could be a decent Plan B if the weather isn't up to her expectations again and she spends the day in bed.

on 16:31 - Dec 7 with 4041 views_

Login to get fewer ads

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:32 - Dec 7 with 4038 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 16:30 - Dec 7 by _

Chill Winston.

Iron Lion Zion

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:32 - Dec 7 with 4038 viewsm14_blue

on 16:30 - Dec 7 by _

Pretty harmless joke I think mate.

Prague is superb, you'll have an amazing time. I don't have much to add to what the others have said, do the castle, do the bridge and spend your time wandering and drinking.
on 16:39 - Dec 7 with 4022 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:32 - Dec 7 by m14_blue

Pretty harmless joke I think mate.

Prague is superb, you'll have an amazing time. I don't have much to add to what the others have said, do the castle, do the bridge and spend your time wandering and drinking.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:43 - Dec 7 with 4017 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 16:39 - Dec 7 by _

Blimey! A massive over-reaction to a little bit of tummy tickling.

Enjoy your weekend in Prague.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 16:45]

Iron Lion Zion

on 16:50 - Dec 7 with 4005 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:43 - Dec 7 by GlasgowBlue

Blimey! A massive over-reaction to a little bit of tummy tickling.

Enjoy your weekend in Prague.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 16:45]

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:52 - Dec 7 with 3993 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 16:50 - Dec 7 by _

What a charmer. You are a hard bloke to warm to Libby, despite my best efforts.

I'll leave it there. Have a great time.

Iron Lion Zion

on 17:01 - Dec 7 with 3985 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 16:52 - Dec 7 by GlasgowBlue

What a charmer. You are a hard bloke to warm to Libby, despite my best efforts.

I'll leave it there. Have a great time.

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:17 - Dec 7 with 3935 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 22:22 - Dec 4 by stickymockwell

I went with my sister. She didn't want to go to goldfingers.
That bar in Liberic was unreal. They didn't turn the taps off

Liberec - walked into the bar and just missed happy hr.

The price for a pint was now 25p

Great away trip!!
I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:50 - Dec 7 with 3924 viewsMaySixth

Yes.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

on 22:14 - Dec 7 with 3911 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:50 - Dec 7 by MaySixth

Yes.

on 20:39 - Dec 9 with 3811 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 09:30 - Dec 7 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I went with the missus a few weeks ago. Sorry if this is a bit long!

We stayed up near the castle, the castle is great to look around to waste a day... you don't need to pay to walk in to the grounds and look around the outside etc; it's about £10 if you want to have a look through the various chapels - definitely worth it.

Loads of bars and places to eat on both sides of the river... cheaper on the side with the castle "Lesser Town" as opposed to where all the tourists are "Old Town" but it's a short walk over Charles Bridge to get between the two. There is a bar on the river's edge in Old Town which is the Beer Museum pub, containing about 30 beers on tap!

My favourite restaurant was V Zatisi... highly recommended, but pricey. You absolutely don't need to spend a fortune with loads of cheap beer (cheapest pint I found was 39Kc which is just over a quid!). Again, you'll pay slightly more in Old Town and restaurants but never over £2. It's very difficult not to find places offering cheap local food - goulash at a fiver. The cabbage soup doesn't sound appealing but give it a go... is actually very nice!

A bar that you MUST visit is the oldest pub in Prague... dating back to 1300s, it's on a back road on one of the paths you use to walk back down from the castle towards Charles Bridge/Old Town. Lit by candles, fit barmaids serving beer the old fashioned way, good reasonably priced food, sword fights, people eating fire... all while you just sit there enjoying your pint. Doesn't look very inviting from the outside but go in.

Use the tram to get to the castle (number 22), it's a steep hill!

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 21:32 - Dec 9 with 3795 viewsgordon

on 20:39 - Dec 9 by _

Might be a bit late, but there's a brilliant little museum in the basement of the Petrin Hill observation Tower, only a few crowns and one of my favourite places in the city, shouldn't say too much or I'd ruin it, but go.

Worth taking the trams everywhere rather than the metro because you see so much from the trams, I'd take a ride right out to the perimeter of the city just to see it, to the East or to the South is more interesting, the tram line that follows the Vlatva down to Praha 12 area is nice.

For drinking etc, Zizkov area is the best, the old town / Wenceslas Square area is pretty rubbish mostly, have a wander round Zizkov and go in one of the old traditional pubs, will be cheaper, more interesting people etc

The other decent touristy thing to do is to go up to Vysherad, the old cemetery where Smetana and Dvorak (and many others) are buried. It's a very beautiful spot, high up overlooking the river back towards the castle.

There is (or was) a great open-air pool in the summer in Dejvice, but won't be much use. That's all I can think of!
on 21:40 - Dec 9 with 3791 views_

I'm off to Prague next weekend with the missus... on 23:47 - Dec 9 with 3759 viewsLord_Lucan

on 21:40 - Dec 9 by _

I wasn't too fond of Prague but Atlas Bar was great and the tart pleasuring herself on the floor with a Black and Decker with dildo attachment wearing a Town shirt was a lovely sort.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024