Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last chance saloon for Bishop. 17:48 - Dec 6 with 4874 viewsArnieM

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-captain-luke-chambers-on-teddy-bishop-s

I get the distinct impression Chambo is non too impressed with Bishop. His off the field activities ( gambling), not too impressive for a young player. Here’s hopin* he knuckles down and get on with earning his place back in the team. Ability is nothing without application. Bishops self proclaimed
“ I’m the forgotten man”, says to me he thinks football owes him something? I hope Im wrong.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 17:52 - Dec 6 with 4819 viewsPJH

EADT copying Chambo's programme notes from last Saturday.
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 17:54 - Dec 6 with 4805 viewsconnorscontract

"I love the kid"- I don't read it your way at all.
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 18:19 - Dec 6 with 4753 viewsWD19

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 17:54 - Dec 6 by connorscontract

"I love the kid"- I don't read it your way at all.

I do sense an element of 'Teddy likes to think he has been hard done by but I don't agree with him' in there.

Lets hope he just gets back playing and lets his football do the talking.
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 18:24 - Dec 6 with 4721 viewsJ2BLUE

How did you read that and come to that conclusion?

"football doesn’t wait for anyone. You’ve got to make it happen and I hope it does because I love the kid"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 18:42 - Dec 6 with 4692 viewsBlueBadger

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If more applied a much deep thought and analysis to the utterances of politicians, newspaper stories and statements on the sides of buses that they do to bland utterances by footballers this country might not be quite as irrevocably f*cked as it is at the moment.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 19:05 - Dec 6 with 4619 viewsBluefish

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 18:42 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If more applied a much deep thought and analysis to the utterances of politicians, newspaper stories and statements on the sides of buses that they do to bland utterances by footballers this country might not be quite as irrevocably f*cked as it is at the moment.

Who would they vote for then? Isn't the point that as they are all sh*t you might as well ignore all of the content and vote for the least mental ones. It is a tough choice at the moment which is reflected in the hung parliament

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 19:07 - Dec 6 with 4620 viewsBluefish

Luke Chambers is simply talking sense. It always used to be that the footballers were ridiculed by the fans for being stupid. In most cases now the roles have reversed

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 21:20 - Dec 6 with 4380 viewsHerbivore

Not sure how anyone can read that as Chambers having a dig.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 21:35 - Dec 6 with 4339 viewsNo9

With the injuries that have happened to Teddy B Luke H & one or two more Town need some new influences on young players
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 04:54 - Dec 7 with 4098 viewstextbackup

Won't be long before the boards resident obsessed with Bishops game time pops up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 07:44 - Dec 7 with 3970 viewsGlasgowBlue

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 18:42 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

Can we add fake news spread on football message boards that there are less EU migrants working in the NHS since the Brexit vote?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 7:44]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 08:08 - Dec 7 with 3941 viewsCurrie10

Well Bish has hardly been able to kick on given the state of his health the past 2-3 years.
I love the media - in no way does it anywhere state ' last chance saloon ' and the kids ONLY 21.
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 08:53 - Dec 7 with 3893 viewsArnieM

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 08:08 - Dec 7 by Currie10

Well Bish has hardly been able to kick on given the state of his health the past 2-3 years.
I love the media - in no way does it anywhere state ' last chance saloon ' and the kids ONLY 21.

Two things;
The title of this thread was just me asking the question ( unfortunately I’d forgotten to put the “?”).

I posed this question because I know that Chambo has also commented to someone that Bishop “ needs to man up” .

He hasn’t critisised him to the media, and he does clearly like the Bishop but he is frustrated with him, professionally. Bishop is a great player in the making but he has come really close to throwing it away. He obviously has had his injury knocks, but Chambo sees him daily at the Club and has felt the player needs to knuckle down and win his place back .

Anyone seeing the FB posts on Dozzell’s rehab / you can see the player is hell bent on getting fit again. You don’t see him constantly posting on Twitter!
Bishop needs to knuckle down to it now, and my point was simply , “ is this his last chance”? Chambo has stated “ many managers would not have been as patient” . So what does that say ?

It’s a shame people can’t post on thus forum , asking questions, making points of observation without such ridicule. But that’s the nature of forums I suppose. A pity nonetheless.

COYBs

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 09:09 - Dec 7 with 3864 viewssolemio

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 07:44 - Dec 7 by GlasgowBlue

Can we add fake news spread on football message boards that there are less EU migrants working in the NHS since the Brexit vote?
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 7:44]

No, there are fewer EU migrants working in the NHS ....
Nobody who voted Remain would make such a basic error.
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 09:43 - Dec 7 with 3821 viewsHagbardCeline

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 18:19 - Dec 6 by WD19

I do sense an element of 'Teddy likes to think he has been hard done by but I don't agree with him' in there.

Lets hope he just gets back playing and lets his football do the talking.

He has been hard done by with 2+ seasons out with injury since his impressive break through season.
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 14:07 - Dec 9 with 3614 viewsCurrie10

Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 08:53 - Dec 7 by ArnieM

Two things;
The title of this thread was just me asking the question ( unfortunately I’d forgotten to put the “?”).

I posed this question because I know that Chambo has also commented to someone that Bishop “ needs to man up” .

He hasn’t critisised him to the media, and he does clearly like the Bishop but he is frustrated with him, professionally. Bishop is a great player in the making but he has come really close to throwing it away. He obviously has had his injury knocks, but Chambo sees him daily at the Club and has felt the player needs to knuckle down and win his place back .

Anyone seeing the FB posts on Dozzell’s rehab / you can see the player is hell bent on getting fit again. You don’t see him constantly posting on Twitter!
Bishop needs to knuckle down to it now, and my point was simply , “ is this his last chance”? Chambo has stated “ many managers would not have been as patient” . So what does that say ?

It’s a shame people can’t post on thus forum , asking questions, making points of observation without such ridicule. But that’s the nature of forums I suppose. A pity nonetheless.

COYBs

I don't recall ridiculing your viewpoint anywhere, I just gave mine!

He's been injured for ages, it's hardly news this.

Far too many precious users on here!

Wonder if Bish will get any minutes at the Riverside today?
Last chance saloon for Bishop. on 14:48 - Dec 9 with 3535 viewschristiand

Chambers speaks honestly. Recognises Bishop is a talented player, but wants him to use it and grab his opportunity as a professional footballer. No conspiracy for me, Chambers just saying what the majority of us Town fans think.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024