Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match 18:38 - Dec 9 with 2821 viewsNewcyBlue

This is a special entry, I normally only do these for you when I am away or about to go away.

Due to my job I don't get many firsts these days. We got one today. Your first football match. You were slightly confused by people coming up to us saying "This must be Sebby". I am not entirely sure how to explain to you right now, but I have put some of your diary entries on an Ipswich Town FC football forum.

You were excited for the football match, to be honest I think you were just excited because of the nickname that got given to the team, but you love tractors so I won't discourage you from using the Tractor Boys tag.

You enjoyed the singing and the chanting, you looked around seemingly perplexed by men, women, and children of all ages shouting and singing, cheering and booing, all to random kicks of a yellow football.

You clapped at the right time for the right team. You didn't have much of a clue what was going on. We missed the first goal due to you needing the toilet. The second goal happened as I was putting your boot back on, somehow you managed to get it stuck in the seat whilst drinking a hot chocolate. We lost 2-0 and I just managed to see the second the goal.

We had to leave early to get you back home on time to take you back to your Mum. You were a delighted little boy when I took you back. You want to see the football again, and soon.

I'm a happy Daddy. We've had a wonderful day out. Although I didn't see a great deal of the match, the look of wonder on your face was incredible. I am only sorry we can't go again next week.

- Extra Paragraph just for TWTD:

Thanks to PJH, who went through his loft and gave Seb a couple of Ipswich Town in Europe pennants. He has already said that he wants these hanging off his bed! You're an absolute gent and I am pleased you got to meet Seb. Have a great holiday in Scotland.

It was also a pleasure to meet cbower and son, Stadiumofdark and son, and Mullet and father. Mullet tried talking to Seb during the first half but I think Seb was a little bemused by the whole thing at the time.

As for the result, it's disappointing. From what I saw of the game everything just seemed disjointed, us, Boro, the Ref, it was all a lot of huffing and puffing and not much else. It seemed a bit of a contrast to the Sheffield Wednesday game I went to.

Safe travels to the rest of the away fans. I got home with 5 minutes to spare, so managed to get Seb changed into the clothes his Mum sent and drop him off bang on time. Now sat at home whilst MrsNewcy is out in Newcastle with her friend for dinner.

Pleasure to meet everyone that I did today!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:41 - Dec 9 with 2800 viewsJ2BLUE

Great stuff. He's already ignoring Mullet? He learns quickly!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:42 - Dec 9 with 2800 viewsDarth_Koont

Great stuff!

Glad it was a big and enjoyable day despite the result.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:43 - Dec 9 with 2794 viewsjeera

Wonderful!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:47 - Dec 9 with 2783 viewsbrogansnose

Glad he enjoyed it Newcy. I remember the first time I took Son Of to a game. We were living in Leeds at the time and went to Jim's first game in charge against ( Damn I forget, either Palace or Reading ). We sat in the Brittannia Lower and he went to the toilet so many times, all he wanted to do was go on the practice pitch and ate so many sweets it was incredible. We lost but the pure joy of being with him at PR, with his grandad as well, was a moment I'll always treasure.
The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:51 - Dec 9 with 2758 viewsNewcyBlue

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:47 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

Glad he enjoyed it Newcy. I remember the first time I took Son Of to a game. We were living in Leeds at the time and went to Jim's first game in charge against ( Damn I forget, either Palace or Reading ). We sat in the Brittannia Lower and he went to the toilet so many times, all he wanted to do was go on the practice pitch and ate so many sweets it was incredible. We lost but the pure joy of being with him at PR, with his grandad as well, was a moment I'll always treasure.

That's brilliant Brogs! Definitely a wonderful Father/Son moment.

I am off to get some stuff to chuck in the slow cooker tomorrow as MrsNewcy says she just wants a day in bed with me. A pretty perfect weekend, which could only have been made better by a win!

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:52 - Dec 9 with 2744 viewsJ2BLUE

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:47 - Dec 9 by brogansnose

Think it was Reading. 1-1. Forster scored for us.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:55 - Dec 9 with 2739 viewsStadiumofdark

Good to see you both - pleased he enjoyed it. Loved his hat.

Take care - and watch out for pirates
The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:59 - Dec 9 with 2727 viewsbrogansnose

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:52 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

Think it was Reading. 1-1. Forster scored for us.

Yeah, I recall the Forster goal. It didnt mean anything to the boy though ! He was just getting Haribo'ed up.

Dolleeeeeee.
Login to get fewer ads

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 19:08 - Dec 9 with 2702 viewscbower

Really nice touch. Glad he liked it!

bluescouser

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 22:25 - Dec 9 with 2602 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nice one Newcy. Am I now no longer the only Town fan influenced because of tractors? That's a relief.

Shame I couldn't make today. Would've been nice to meet Seb. In 15 years time, who knows, I may be buying him a pint at Middlesbrough as an away day regular. You never know.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 22:27 - Dec 9 with 2598 views_

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:41 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 23:05 - Dec 9 with 2576 viewsPJH

Nice to meet you again and great to meet Seb.
You have got a lovely little boy there and he has got a great Dad.

I might have phoned your mobile by mistake when I got home a little while ago, christ knows how-sorry!
The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 08:48 - Dec 10 with 2450 viewsITFC_Forever

Great stuff, another one hooked on Town by the sounds of it!

And well done PJH, a lovely gesture!

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 09:06 - Dec 10 with 2441 viewsMullet

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 18:41 - Dec 9 by J2BLUE

Pretty sure he was ignoring Snr.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 2395 viewsbluejake78

The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 23:05 - Dec 9 by PJH

Nice to meet you again and great to meet Seb.
You have got a lovely little boy there and he has got a great Dad.

I might have phoned your mobile by mistake when I got home a little while ago, christ knows how-sorry!

Newcy....you have a stalker.
The Sebby Diaries - Our First Match on 10:35 - Dec 10 with 2372 viewsNewcyBlue

I’m getting it in the ear from MrsNewcy because I didn’t take any photos of Seb at his first football match....

Thanks for all the comments. Thanks again to the people we met, and thanks again to PJH who must be on his way to Scotland now.

Glad there have been two new Town fans brought into the world this week.

Have a great Sunday lads, I’m looking forward to the FergalSharkey updates.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024