Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A glass of raw water anyone? 08:52 - Jan 4 with 8310 viewsSteve_M

"Raw-water drinkers claim it’s more hydrating than tap water." FFS.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2018/jan/03/raw-water-the-uns

Still, maybe it might improve the gene pool.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:32 - Jan 4 with 1785 viewsBlueBadger

A glass of raw water anyone? on 11:02 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

Raw oxygen and smoking would be a good combination.....

I sued to see regular stream of punters at the regional burns centre with facial burns thanks to the use of home oxygen...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 1779 viewsNo9

Depends what they mean by RAW water, this precious and life aving resource has been screwed around with for far too long in the name of 'Profit'.
In the area where I live the stuff that comes out of the tap is horrible and long discussions with the responsible water engineers reveal things won't improve anytme soon.
A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:58 - Jan 4 with 1762 viewsStokieBlue

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:27 - Jan 4 by caught-in-limbo

"At best homeopathy offers a placebo benefit which could be provided by anything else the patient believes will work."

The placebo effect is proven to work. It works in part because of the status of the doctor. Additionally, there is no negative side effect when administering homeopathy (water).

I really can't see a problem with homeopathy even if it is just a way for doctors to prescribe placebos.

I think a holistic view of medicine has a place alongside a mechanistic approach. Homeopathy haters seem to accept a mechanistic approach only.

"The placebo effect is proven to work. It works in part because of the status of the doctor. Additionally, there is no negative side effect when administering homeopathy (water). "

If that's the case why not give them plain water (the end result of a homeopathic remedy) without the expense of the other stuff. Just tell them it's had something dissolved into it.

"I think a holistic view of medicine has a place alongside a mechanistic approach. Homeopathy haters seem to accept a mechanistic approach only."

Disagree. Money is finite and should be spent on things that actually work. There is no guarantee the placebo effect of a homeopathic remedy will work.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:59 - Jan 4 with 1764 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Raw water? I didn’t even know that was a thing

Basically rain water?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

A glass of raw water anyone? on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 1735 viewscaught-in-limbo

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:58 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

"The placebo effect is proven to work. It works in part because of the status of the doctor. Additionally, there is no negative side effect when administering homeopathy (water). "

If that's the case why not give them plain water (the end result of a homeopathic remedy) without the expense of the other stuff. Just tell them it's had something dissolved into it.

"I think a holistic view of medicine has a place alongside a mechanistic approach. Homeopathy haters seem to accept a mechanistic approach only."

Disagree. Money is finite and should be spent on things that actually work. There is no guarantee the placebo effect of a homeopathic remedy will work.

SB

"There is no guarantee the placebo effect of a homeopathic remedy will work. "

Is there a guarantee that any medicines "work"? By "work" do you mean "cure of illness" or "suppression of symptoms"?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Nowt wrong with a bit of beaver fever (n/t) on 15:30 - Jan 4 with 1739 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

A glass of raw water anyone? on 15:33 - Jan 4 with 1736 viewsSwansea_Blue

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:32 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I sued to see regular stream of punters at the regional burns centre with facial burns thanks to the use of home oxygen...

Yeah but you make people sleep in you ambulance for bantz, rather than let them go to a comfy bed. Sicko.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A glass of raw water anyone? on 16:07 - Jan 4 with 1722 viewschicoazul

A glass of raw water anyone? on 10:47 - Jan 4 by imsureazzure

'Its adherents say it is full of good things that ordinary filtered tap water has lost. Its critics say it might well give you ‘beaver fever’ — among other illnesses'

Interesting disease.

If having beaver fever is bad then I dont want to be good

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

A glass of raw water anyone? on 16:18 - Jan 4 with 1716 viewsBluebell

A glass of raw water anyone? on 10:54 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

You should try raw oxygen. An absolute bargain at just £150 per day. Just stick this over your face:

I would guess Moose Industries have already thought of that way to earn money.
A glass of raw water anyone? on 16:21 - Jan 4 with 1711 viewsStokieBlue

A glass of raw water anyone? on 15:29 - Jan 4 by caught-in-limbo

Is there a guarantee that any medicines "work"? By "work" do you mean "cure of illness" or "suppression of symptoms"?

Both.

However homeopathy will do neither anymore than a glass of Pepsi if you believe it will.

Medicines on the other hand have to pass stringent testing and approval processes which investigate in a scientific matter whether they are beneficial.

SB

A glass of raw water anyone? on 16:31 - Jan 4 with 1700 viewscaught-in-limbo

A glass of raw water anyone? on 16:21 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

Both.

However homeopathy will do neither anymore than a glass of Pepsi if you believe it will.

Medicines on the other hand have to pass stringent testing and approval processes which investigate in a scientific matter whether they are beneficial.

SB

Are you saying you can provide me with a guarantee that a pharmaceutical medicine will cure a patient of an illness?

#toxic

A glass of raw water anyone? on 16:35 - Jan 4 with 1699 viewsDeano69

Top Tip: Make it go further by diluting it.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

A glass of raw water anyone? on 18:11 - Jan 4 with 1677 viewscaught-in-limbo

A glass of raw water anyone? on 13:58 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Is there any guarantee that a pharmaceutical drug will cure any illness?

#toxic

A glass of raw water anyone? on 18:16 - Jan 4 with 1673 viewsStokieBlue

A glass of raw water anyone? on 18:11 - Jan 4 by caught-in-limbo

Is there any guarantee that a pharmaceutical drug will cure any illness?

Now you are being silly.

I clearly said both which included relieving symptoms.

Drugs have to undergo rigourous testing. They provide never otherwise they aren't certified.

Not really sure what you are getting at every arguing for argument's sake. It's tiresome and odd.

SB

A glass of raw water anyone? on 18:18 - Jan 4 with 1673 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A glass of raw water anyone? on 10:42 - Jan 4 by Freddies_Ears

It's quite dehydrating when it causes diarrhoea.

Would have been better off advertising it as weight loss water

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

A glass of raw water anyone? on 19:24 - Jan 4 with 1653 viewscaught-in-limbo

A glass of raw water anyone? on 18:16 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

Now you are being silly.

I clearly said both which included relieving symptoms.

Drugs have to undergo rigourous testing. They provide never otherwise they aren't certified.

Not really sure what you are getting at every arguing for argument's sake. It's tiresome and odd.

SB

Perhaps I am being silly, but you don't appear to have answered my question.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024