Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... 16:56 - Jan 4 with 22081 viewsSomethingBlue

... and I think it would be a good deal for everyone. Palace get a very good goalkeeper. We get £4m or so for a 30-year-old GK with a year left who has never played in the top flight. Bart sees his chances of going to the World Cup suddenly skyrocket. Town, going neither up nor down, not critically damaged for this season. Handshakes and good wishes all round.

Dare I say it, too, another example of Mick making the club money from nothing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:47 - Jan 4 with 3323 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:14 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

I agree that a failure to reinvest properly would cast our broader issues in an even starker light than they already are.

Good deal nonetheless. Let the player improve himself, he won't get this chance again. Contrary to the exaggerations peddled wantonly on here, Bart is not all that stands between our team and oblivion.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 17:21]

We havent reinvested properly in the last 6 years. I dont know how much more of a starker light you require.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:47 - Jan 4 with 3325 viewstractorboy1978

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:45 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

There is literally no point in having the money as it is not like we will spend it on anything other than covering our deficit.

It's irrelevant to us fans whether it is £400k or £10m because it won't have any affect on the replacements we sign.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:48 - Jan 4 with 3322 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:34 - Jan 4 by textbackup

WHAT AM I READING HERE!!!!????

We don’t need a £4m goalie here?!!! Am I on my own in thinking that is an outrageous statement?!! With the fcking sht defence we have and the managers inability to coach those defenders to cut errors out of their games I’d say having a £4m keeper is massively important.

Also any chance of thinking having strong foundations (a keeper the team trusts) could be a great way to build on the team?

What is happening, I’m so lost and confused at these comments

It'll pay for players like Waghorn, Webster and Huws (transfer fees plus wages).

Would you really have Bart instead and lose them — or at least the chance of signing similar? Whether we'd sign players who are that good is questionable but certainly we'd be addressing the wider issues of the team, especially if one of them is a decent keeper.

Also, we need to be seen as a side that lets players go more often than not when an opportunity comes in. These things will positively affect our transfers in for years to come.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:48 - Jan 4 with 3316 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:09 - Jan 4 by textbackup

And what the fck will we do with £4m? Take it off what ME puts in a season, then loan a few. What a great deal for all involved

EVANS OUT!

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:51 - Jan 4 with 3301 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:48 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

It'll pay for players like Waghorn, Webster and Huws (transfer fees plus wages).

Would you really have Bart instead and lose them — or at least the chance of signing similar? Whether we'd sign players who are that good is questionable but certainly we'd be addressing the wider issues of the team, especially if one of them is a decent keeper.

Also, we need to be seen as a side that lets players go more often than not when an opportunity comes in. These things will positively affect our transfers in for years to come.

WE already have Waghorn and Huws (doesn’t really count as doubt we’ll ever see him in full glory)

Yes I’d pick Bart every time, because without him last season we’d have gone down, simply. No way would ‘great bloke’ Gerken have done half the job Bart did.

Selling him is a great move for Bart, but awful for ITFC. The £4m probably cover 3/4’s of his wage and signing on fee since we signed him, so basically making fck all.

Great deal tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 3298 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:48 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

We signed the players you mentioned without selling anyone. The budget is the budget regardless of if we sell Wickham for 8 Mings for 8 Bart for 4 etc, we all know this now. We don't need the money as it has no effect on our spendable budget. I agree with your last point though, that is a good one.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 3297 viewsbrogansnose

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:34 - Jan 4 by textbackup

WHAT AM I READING HERE!!!!????

We don’t need a £4m goalie here?!!! Am I on my own in thinking that is an outrageous statement?!! With the fcking sht defence we have and the managers inability to coach those defenders to cut errors out of their games I’d say having a £4m keeper is massively important.

Also any chance of thinking having strong foundations (a keeper the team trusts) could be a great way to build on the team?

What is happening, I’m so lost and confused at these comments

No, you're not alone. It makes no sense to sell a goalie of his quality who has at quite often been the difference between us getting beaten or not especially , like you say, with the defence how it is. Thing is if other clubs know we've got 4 million for him then their keepers prices go up.

Dean Gerken, do me a favour.

#foe
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:53 - Jan 4 with 3293 viewsBluebell

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:24 - Jan 4 by PJH

I don't see how it can be seen as being good for ITFC.
Good for whoever buys him and probably good for Bart but certainly not good for us.

Agree with this especially with Gerken injured.

FWIW I would hate to see Bart go but can understand him wanting Premier League football.

How many keepers do Palace need?
Login to get fewer ads

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:53 - Jan 4 with 3294 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:47 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

It's irrelevant to us fans whether it is £400k or £10m because it won't have any affect on the replacements we sign.

Of course it will. If Evans' goal is to minimise his losses (or at least be careful with them ) then no transfer fees in mean we'll go for frees and save even more money on wages. So no Webster, Huws, Waghorn, Garner, Knudsen and possibly even the likes of Chambers and Bart himself wouldn't have gone for extensions.

So there'll be a negative effect if that money's not added to the books.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:54 - Jan 4 with 3284 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:47 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

Correct. This is a bit of a stretch in terms of analogy but imagine if Man U sold de Gea tomorrow, they dont need the money they can't sign a better player for the same money or less and it makes them look weak in the market.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:58 - Jan 4 with 3272 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:52 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

No, you're not alone. It makes no sense to sell a goalie of his quality who has at quite often been the difference between us getting beaten or not especially , like you say, with the defence how it is. Thing is if other clubs know we've got 4 million for him then their keepers prices go up.

#foe

Thank Christ I’m not alone.

I feel fcking sick, sick at the thought that that £4m disappears, along with Moore’s money, that we have a cnt owner that we should be thankful for because he keeps us afloat, sick that the manager just merrily fcking picks up a wage with no ambition, sick that we are a fcking nothing club, sick that people are so accepting of this, sick that if you air these views the cool cnts on here look down fcking snouts at you for showing passion, sick that the fcking club is a cnt hole of nothing. Match days are sht, support sht, fck it all

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:58 - Jan 4 with 3272 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:52 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

We signed the players you mentioned without selling anyone. The budget is the budget regardless of if we sell Wickham for 8 Mings for 8 Bart for 4 etc, we all know this now. We don't need the money as it has no effect on our spendable budget. I agree with your last point though, that is a good one.

We sold Cresswell, Mings and Murphy.

Of course it has an effect on our budget if we don't get that money.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 3257 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:58 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

We sold Cresswell, Mings and Murphy.

Of course it has an effect on our budget if we don't get that money.

The only effect on the budget will be to shrink the deficit, the money won't be spent on fees for players. That's what we did with the monies from the guys you mention. There will be no extra money for Mick to spend. Expect Mick to say this at some point in the next 4 weeks or so.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:02 - Jan 4 with 3245 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:00 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

The only effect on the budget will be to shrink the deficit, the money won't be spent on fees for players. That's what we did with the monies from the guys you mention. There will be no extra money for Mick to spend. Expect Mick to say this at some point in the next 4 weeks or so.

You're not making any sense.

Mick says we're not going to spend anything and then we do - it's a tactic.

But to see the transfer fees as somehow outside the whole financial picture is crazy.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:06 - Jan 4 with 3230 viewsSomethingBlue

Should have added to this that I am aware — and have indeed posted in the last few days — that we are in for a particularly grim five months or so and this won't make it better. Keeping Bart won't change that though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 3214 viewstractorboy1978

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:02 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

But to see the transfer fees as somehow outside the whole financial picture is crazy.

Do you think we will be in the market for a different tier of player because we have £4m in our pocket? History has proven that not to be the case.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 3212 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:02 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

The incoming monies will not be spent on fees or even wages. The wage bill will be more or less what it is, £16m and change (I believe). The fee generated from selling Bart wont go on fees or wages, they will just take the 5k or whatever a week Bart is on and look to get someone else for the same or less, on a free or cheap fee (100k ish). The balance will be used on the deficit which Evans would cover anyway, ergo this transfer makes sense from Evans' perspective and the players perspective but not from a fans' or performance perspective. Hence people being disappointed, myself and others. There is no point to this transfer.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:11 - Jan 4 with 3205 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:06 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Should have added to this that I am aware — and have indeed posted in the last few days — that we are in for a particularly grim five months or so and this won't make it better. Keeping Bart won't change that though.

Disagree. Bart is the very best we can get for that position. I don't think we will go down, of course not, but Bart would be a great help to doing much better than last season.

Maybe this is Mick sticking two fingers up to the fans since he knows he is off in the summer?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:11 - Jan 4 with 3200 viewsbrogansnose

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:58 - Jan 4 by textbackup

Thank Christ I’m not alone.

I feel fcking sick, sick at the thought that that £4m disappears, along with Moore’s money, that we have a cnt owner that we should be thankful for because he keeps us afloat, sick that the manager just merrily fcking picks up a wage with no ambition, sick that we are a fcking nothing club, sick that people are so accepting of this, sick that if you air these views the cool cnts on here look down fcking snouts at you for showing passion, sick that the fcking club is a cnt hole of nothing. Match days are sht, support sht, fck it all

You've just described how I feel. Fk, I'm depressed with how this club is.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:11 - Jan 4 with 3200 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:08 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

The incoming monies will not be spent on fees or even wages. The wage bill will be more or less what it is, £16m and change (I believe). The fee generated from selling Bart wont go on fees or wages, they will just take the 5k or whatever a week Bart is on and look to get someone else for the same or less, on a free or cheap fee (100k ish). The balance will be used on the deficit which Evans would cover anyway, ergo this transfer makes sense from Evans' perspective and the players perspective but not from a fans' or performance perspective. Hence people being disappointed, myself and others. There is no point to this transfer.

Eh?

The money goes into the pot, not some separate account where other thinking applies. And yes, we could always spend less on wages if the goal as it seems is to restrict losses.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 3184 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:11 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

Eh?

The money goes into the pot, not some separate account where other thinking applies. And yes, we could always spend less on wages if the goal as it seems is to restrict losses.

Don't just accept this, have you no passion or desire for your club man?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:17 - Jan 4 with 3167 viewschicoazul

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:11 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

Eh?

Evans floats the club £6m a year. This season he will only need to float it £2m if the sale is at the number reported. Mick's budget for fees, loan fees etc remains unchanged, the budget for wages remains unchanged. That's what has happened with all incoming monies since 2012.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:20 - Jan 4 with 3156 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:14 - Jan 4 by textbackup

Don't just accept this, have you no passion or desire for your club man?

Of course. I've also got some sense that this is where we have been for the past 5 or 6 years.

I don't want Bart to go and ideally would like an owner who could throw in 5-10 million more so that even if we did sell for the player's sake then money could be used to buy a Cairney or an Assombalonga to offset that feeling and help us build from it.

But I understand that's also nothing I can demand. And I'm not going to froth at the mouth after more than 5 years of the same strategy.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:20 - Jan 4 with 3149 viewslazyblue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:52 - Jan 4 by brogansnose

#foe

Gerken is a jinx of a keeper!
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:24 - Jan 4 with 3143 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 19:17 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

Evans floats the club £6m a year. This season he will only need to float it £2m if the sale is at the number reported. Mick's budget for fees, loan fees etc remains unchanged, the budget for wages remains unchanged. That's what has happened with all incoming monies since 2012.

They've filled the gap in our spending i.e. his spending. Without the fees, we'd cut costs elsewhere like on wages, the transfer fees we do pay and perhaps even the academy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024