Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... 16:56 - Jan 4 with 22082 viewsSomethingBlue

... and I think it would be a good deal for everyone. Palace get a very good goalkeeper. We get £4m or so for a 30-year-old GK with a year left who has never played in the top flight. Bart sees his chances of going to the World Cup suddenly skyrocket. Town, going neither up nor down, not critically damaged for this season. Handshakes and good wishes all round.

Dare I say it, too, another example of Mick making the club money from nothing.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:44 - Jan 4 with 5489 viewsLuk38644

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:37 - Jan 4 by Radlett_blue

We can offer Bart a new contract, but he doesn't have to sign it. We can't compete with PL clubs on wages so Bart could sit tight & leave in the summer of 2019 for nothing.

He doesn't have to sign it but without any contract on offer, he certainly isn't signing anything and will obviously look at other options just like Chambers did last season. I know we have a year extension option but if a player like Bart is being coveted, we should at least be giving him the option of staying and a new contract.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:55 - Jan 4 with 5464 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree. We don’t need a £4m GK on our books given the size of the club.

Remember we signed Bart for free, so why can’t we do that again with another or a small fee?
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:56 - Jan 4 with 5453 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:39 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Not sure. I thought Phil said he was free with a sell on. Might be wrong.

Mick said he was signed for free:

McCarthy: Entertaining Despite Lack of Goals 16th Jul 2014 22:38
Boss Mick McCarthy felt his side’s 0-0 draw with West Ham at Portman Road was an entertaining affair despite the lack of goals. 5

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:57 - Jan 4 with 5450 viewsSWGF

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:56 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

Mick said he was signed for free:

McCarthy: Entertaining Despite Lack of Goals 16th Jul 2014 22:38
Boss Mick McCarthy felt his side’s 0-0 draw with West Ham at Portman Road was an entertaining affair despite the lack of goals. 5

My apologies

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:57 - Jan 4 with 5448 viewsJ2BLUE

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:55 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

Remember we signed Bart for free, so why can’t we do that again with another or a small fee?

What happens to the rest of the money?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:01 - Jan 4 with 5436 viewsNewcyBlue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:57 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

What money?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 5433 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:57 - Jan 4 by SWGF

My apologies

No need to apologise. Was reported as an undisclosed fee and was implied we'd paid something. I remember asking Mick about apparently paying out a fee for the first time at Shelbourne in pre-season which was when he responded with those quotes.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:03 - Jan 4 with 5431 viewsElderGrizzly

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:57 - Jan 4 by J2BLUE

Use it where it is more useful across the squad. I just don’t think its such a bad thing if we pluck another gem like Bart who has fell down the leagues?

Not easy I know...
Login to get fewer ads

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:04 - Jan 4 with 5417 viewsJ2BLUE

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:03 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

Use it where it is more useful across the squad. I just don’t think its such a bad thing if we pluck another gem like Bart who has fell down the leagues?

Not easy I know...

I completely agree. I just don't think your first line has any chance at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:12 - Jan 4 with 5396 viewsbournemouthblue

It would have been a good deal a few years ago

£4 million for the best keeper in the division simply isn't enough in today's market. He saves us points virtually every week!

We seem to be selling our players at 2012 prices

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 5389 viewsSomethingBlue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:12 - Jan 4 by bournemouthblue

It would have been a good deal a few years ago

£4 million for the best keeper in the division simply isn't enough in today's market. He saves us points virtually every week!

We seem to be selling our players at 2012 prices

I think it is enough when you look at his age, what other 'keepers go for and his level of experience. And I think he's brilliant but I also don't think we are quite as beholden to him as people make out.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 5394 viewstractorboy1978

If Bart and McGoldrick go in this window and nothing is invested in the squad, Evans has a hell of a task on his hands selling season tickets.
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:20 - Jan 4 with 5381 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:15 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

If Bart and McGoldrick go in this window and nothing is invested in the squad, Evans has a hell of a task on his hands selling season tickets.

this right here; for all the talk of Bart being not as good as some make and Didz being on the wane; it's a heck of job convincing fans that Evans is intent on getting us up if two of our best players go and are replaced with lesser loans/freebies.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 5376 viewsTrequartista

It would be particularly difficult to lose the club money from a free transfer.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:23 - Jan 4 with 5369 viewsSomethingBlue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:21 - Jan 4 by Trequartista

What does that have to do with my point?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:25 - Jan 4 with 5366 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:21 - Jan 4 by Trequartista

There was a fee.

Edit: Fair enough, just saw Phil's post. There wasn't a fee but there were clauses so not a free transfer.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:32]

Pronouns: He/Him

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:27 - Jan 4 with 5358 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:23 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

It's not like turning it down has no impact. The books have to balance somewhere, if it means keeping Dozzell and nydam then we have to live with it.

Living with it I can do. Seeing it as a good deal for all involved I can’t...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 5364 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:20 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

this right here; for all the talk of Bart being not as good as some make and Didz being on the wane; it's a heck of job convincing fans that Evans is intent on getting us up if two of our best players go and are replaced with lesser loans/freebies.

If we are throwing the towel in this season, which I don’t necessarily disagree with as a policy, then that has to include the manager to give the new guy a chance to work with what we have and see who he wants to keep on and where he wants to strengthen.

Mick doesn’t deserve to be thrown under the bus like this either.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 5364 viewsTrequartista

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:23 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

What does that have to do with my point?

Well if you are buying freebies and cheap players and youve been here 5 years then the law of averages says 1 or 2 are going to have made it into the multi million pound value bracket whereas you cant lose because none of your players can lose millions in value.

I'm not being negative - it was a superb signing by the manager and all credit to him - but i'm just saying.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:28 - Jan 4 with 5351 viewsbrogansnose

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:20 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

...............add to that , if he doesn't get a manager in that can pretty much unite the fanbase, ie, not an old lag who is signing on , then the backside could drop out of the support irrespective of what his spielmeister Milne comes out with. There demonstatively needs to be a vision, strategy and way forward that doesn't come out like the 'fag packet' 5 point vision that came out at the AGM the other year.

#foe
Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:31 - Jan 4 with 5348 viewsTrequartista

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:25 - Jan 4 by Darth_Koont

There was a fee.

Edit: Fair enough, just saw Phil's post. There wasn't a fee but there were clauses so not a free transfer.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 18:32]

I think mccarthy, as with the garner and waghorn fees, contradicted twtd understands and said it was free, trequartista understands.

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:34 - Jan 4 with 5331 viewstextbackup

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 17:55 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

WHAT AM I READING HERE!!!!????

We don’t need a £4m goalie here?!!! Am I on my own in thinking that is an outrageous statement?!! With the fcking sht defence we have and the managers inability to coach those defenders to cut errors out of their games I’d say having a £4m keeper is massively important.

Also any chance of thinking having strong foundations (a keeper the team trusts) could be a great way to build on the team?

What is happening, I’m so lost and confused at these comments

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:37 - Jan 4 with 5321 viewsDarth_Koont

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:31 - Jan 4 by Trequartista

I think mccarthy, as with the garner and waghorn fees, contradicted twtd understands and said it was free, trequartista understands.

It's a small detail in the scheme of things. But the sell-on clause, of course, could mean much more.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:40 - Jan 4 with 5306 viewsIllinoisblue

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:28 - Jan 4 by itfcjoe

If we are throwing the towel in this season, which I don’t necessarily disagree with as a policy, then that has to include the manager to give the new guy a chance to work with what we have and see who he wants to keep on and where he wants to strengthen.

Mick doesn’t deserve to be thrown under the bus like this either.

indeed, it should be all or nothing if it comes to towel throwing. But again, I doubt Evans has the appetite for this sort of stuff.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sounds from Phil's story as if Bart will probably be off ... on 18:45 - Jan 4 with 5292 viewschicoazul

There is literally no point in having the money as it is not like we will spend it on anything other than covering our deficit.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024