Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club up for sale. 09:54 - Jan 9 with 16420 viewscrunchie1978

Only 30million apparently.
Club up for sale. on 15:53 - Jan 9 with 2857 viewssundaze

Club up for sale. on 12:40 - Jan 9 by uefacup81

Where do such things get advertised? In the Classified Ads section of Millionaire Monthly, alongside the yachts and call girls?

Are the call girls worth investing in? I don't fancy throwing my money into the football club.
Club up for sale. on 15:54 - Jan 9 with 2853 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Club up for sale. on 15:43 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

If the asking price and the offer had got that close then surely a deal would have been done? It's pennies in the grand scheme of things.

Right.
Club up for sale. on 16:02 - Jan 9 with 2837 viewsDebenBlue

Club up for sale. on 15:43 - Jan 9 by itfcjoe

If the asking price and the offer had got that close then surely a deal would have been done? It's pennies in the grand scheme of things.

That was certainly my thought process as well, only passing on what I was aware of, it could well be as indicated by Elder Grizzly that there were other parts to the deal ME wasn't happy with.
Club up for sale. on 16:52 - Jan 9 with 2783 viewsstrikalite

At this rate he might as well sell it for £1, he's pumping £8m a year of his own money in and who in their right mind can see us gaining promotion within the next five years? So there's another £40m...
Club up for sale. on 16:57 - Jan 9 with 2771 viewssundaze

Club up for sale. on 16:52 - Jan 9 by strikalite

At this rate he might as well sell it for £1, he's pumping £8m a year of his own money in and who in their right mind can see us gaining promotion within the next five years? So there's another £40m...

You make a fair point, although who in their right mind would invest money into a football club with average attendances of 14000? It hasn't done Birmingham much good so far and Hull aren't far behind them.
Club up for sale. on 17:17 - Jan 9 with 2745 viewsstrikalite

Club up for sale. on 16:57 - Jan 9 by sundaze

You make a fair point, although who in their right mind would invest money into a football club with average attendances of 14000? It hasn't done Birmingham much good so far and Hull aren't far behind them.

That's where we're stuck, forever, we're best going down and trying to get back support by doing really well in League One with the good youngsters we have, a young fresh Manager, fans would return if the style of play was good and promotion in any league brings excitement which has disappeared totally...

Yes we may be stuck in League One, but what's the alternative? Keep bobbing along boringly as we are?
Club up for sale. on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 2735 viewssundaze

Club up for sale. on 17:17 - Jan 9 by strikalite

That's where we're stuck, forever, we're best going down and trying to get back support by doing really well in League One with the good youngsters we have, a young fresh Manager, fans would return if the style of play was good and promotion in any league brings excitement which has disappeared totally...

Yes we may be stuck in League One, but what's the alternative? Keep bobbing along boringly as we are?

Once again I agree with your point, but I live in hope that we could try this idea at least one season in the Championship.
Club up for sale. on 17:42 - Jan 9 with 2720 viewschicoazul

Club up for sale. on 15:40 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

Not the stadium? Think that was valued at £10m.

The club don't own the stadium.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Club up for sale. on 17:46 - Jan 9 with 2710 viewsPhilTWTD

Club up for sale. on 17:42 - Jan 9 by chicoazul

The club don't own the stadium.

They own the stadium but not the land it's built on.
Club up for sale. on 17:46 - Jan 9 with 2710 viewsNo9

Which club?
Club up for sale. on 17:50 - Jan 9 with 2699 viewschicoazul

Club up for sale. on 17:46 - Jan 9 by PhilTWTD

They own the stadium but not the land it's built on.

Ahhh, thanks. The land is leased isnt it, and the stadium is now an ACV.

Portman Road an Asset of Community Value 3rd Sep 2013 00:57
Portman Road has been declared an Asset of Community Value (ACV) after a representation by the Ipswich Town Independent Supporters Trust to Ipswich Borough Council. 16

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Club up for sale. on 17:56 - Jan 9 with 2693 viewsjas0999

Wish you are right. I doubt it.
Club up for sale. on 18:23 - Jan 9 with 2672 viewsDeano69

Club up for sale. on 12:51 - Jan 9 by DanTheMan

FOR SALE:

Football club.

Condition is used. Investment needed but pedigree there. Price on arrival. Contact M. Evans for more details.

This opens up a raft of opportunity.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Club up for sale. on 18:36 - Jan 9 with 2662 viewsSenatorBlue

You have to hope the club is up for sale, as its one of the few avenues out of the current malaise. But as other have said, finding someone willing to ring-fence funds to cover a £6-8m annual loss, plus fund player purchases to compete with say...Wolves (£35m bid WTF!), you're talking a finite few oligarchs.

Anyway; hypothetically say we are sold for £25m, and MEG debt is written off. What happens in our accounts. Is that write-off shown, and overnight our £89m debt is wiped, does the new owner keep the £89m in the books despite paying £25m (ala MEG)?

Interested to know whether, if such a sale was to occur, whether Ipswich gets a clean slate, debt wise?
Club up for sale. on 18:40 - Jan 9 with 2651 viewsblue_oyster

Club up for sale. on 18:36 - Jan 9 by SenatorBlue

You have to hope the club is up for sale, as its one of the few avenues out of the current malaise. But as other have said, finding someone willing to ring-fence funds to cover a £6-8m annual loss, plus fund player purchases to compete with say...Wolves (£35m bid WTF!), you're talking a finite few oligarchs.

Anyway; hypothetically say we are sold for £25m, and MEG debt is written off. What happens in our accounts. Is that write-off shown, and overnight our £89m debt is wiped, does the new owner keep the £89m in the books despite paying £25m (ala MEG)?

Interested to know whether, if such a sale was to occur, whether Ipswich gets a clean slate, debt wise?

The amount of debt left over will be part of the sale agreement, completely negotiable. If anyone wants it. If no-one is interested in a deal, and Evans gets bored, it's end of club.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Club up for sale. on 08:26 - Jan 10 with 2505 viewspowinswitch

Club up for sale. on 10:13 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

I think Evans would take £25m, with a bonus thrown in if the club gets into the PL in the next few years. Not sure anyone will pay that as crowds continue to decline, but you never know. Evans also might drop his price if someone seemed serious. But we're speculating.
The last estimate showed Town's wage bill as 18th highest in the league & total revenue 16th. Pretty much every club is losing money. Those who want us to kick out Mick & try an unproven manager should know the risk we would be taking.

And what is the risk in keeping him
Club up for sale. on 08:40 - Jan 10 with 2497 viewsRadlett_blue

Club up for sale. on 08:26 - Jan 10 by powinswitch

And what is the risk in keeping him

Mick won't take us down. The downside of keeping him is that the style of football won't be pretty & crowds will continue to decline unless ticket prices are reduced.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Club up for sale. on 08:45 - Jan 10 with 2491 viewspowinswitch

Club up for sale. on 08:40 - Jan 10 by Radlett_blue

Mick won't take us down. The downside of keeping him is that the style of football won't be pretty & crowds will continue to decline unless ticket prices are reduced.

Agree the last point, although don’t think reducing the price would make any difference to the decline if MM stays. Whilst you would believe that the points in the bag indicate your first sentence is correct, our form suggests otherwise. But I suspect we will finish lower than last season but above the relegation zone.
Club up for sale. on 09:18 - Jan 10 with 2454 viewsskyblue23

Where are you hearing this? Looked online and can't even find a rumour. Or is this all just a wish?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Club up for sale. on 09:54 - Jan 10 with 2425 viewsnoggin

Club up for sale. on 09:18 - Jan 10 by skyblue23

Where are you hearing this? Looked online and can't even find a rumour. Or is this all just a wish?

It's on ebay.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024