Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I know why people get so angry with Callis 11:09 - Jan 19 with 53785 viewsBrixtonBlue

They know, deep down, he's right. We don't need to eat animals. It is pretty cruel to breed them just to slaughter them, unless it's absolutely necessary for your survival (survival of the fittest). I think a lot of people are fighting with their own conscience and don't like that Callis is the one bringing that fight to the forefront of their minds.

For me, and I suspect a lot of us are the same, I was brought up believing eating animals was absolutely fine. I imagine in the early years I didn't even realise what I was eating. My dad would always drum into me about not wasting food... but then he, in turn, was brought up during the war when you couldn't be fussy. I bet there weren't many vegans knocking about in the 40's!

Also, animals do contain the nutrients we need AND our teeth are designed for tearing flesh.

Now, though, we have a choice. The problem is we've grown up with meat, we like it, and veganism seems a bit of a faff. That's the truth of it. I'll put a spider out in the garden rather than killing it but I'll happily tuck into a steak. We're hypocrites. Just accept that actually, however he expresses it, Callis is right. And then you won't get so angry.

Two things we can all do quite easily are eat less meat and eat outdoor-bred when we do have it. I do that, and although it's a long way short of what Callis is doing, it's better than nothing. And better for my conscience!

Right, need to get ready for heading oop north. I shall check back to see how this one turns out shortly!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 4215 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 10:49 - Jan 20 by _

I did say that on page 7/8 of the 20 pager

I was away for a day last week and the thread had gone from 9 to 15 pages. Genuinely, it’s baffling that 6 pages of the same stuff could be repeated.

As you say, time to let it go. Phil.. lock this thread maybe.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 11:03 - Jan 20 with 4202 views_

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 10:58 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I did say that on page 7/8 of the 20 pager

I was away for a day last week and the thread had gone from 9 to 15 pages. Genuinely, it’s baffling that 6 pages of the same stuff could be repeated.

As you say, time to let it go. Phil.. lock this thread maybe.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:08 - Jan 20 with 4187 viewsmonytowbray

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 10:56 - Jan 20 by Ryorry

I think when Callis calls people out on their views, then when they explain why their lifestyle is perfectly justifiable, but he ignores them to keep spouting the same old same old, they are entitled to keep defending their viewpoint which has already been justified.* And what you referred to as "posts like this" was just a light-hearted jokey post.

But I agree with you that it's time to just let it die, & many others seem to agree also, hence the number of downvotes for Brixton's OP.

*Edit: I refer the Honourable Members to Throbbe's long post which summarises things perfectly - p5, 3rd post down.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 11:15]

I don’t call anyone out on their views unless they actively seek to have that debate. If it bothers people and they don’t want me to don’t bring it up.

As much as Libby has got on my t1ts and I disagree with his opinion this week, he is right here.

This whole week of BS all stemmed from a Rommers post about me refusing to respect meat eaters on a shirt sponsor thread and spread to every corner of the board.

I’d also like to note the post has a lot of upvotes. This isn’t a one sided board opinion evidently.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 11:12]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

on 11:16 - Jan 20 with 4177 views_

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:08 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

I don’t call anyone out on their views unless they actively seek to have that debate. If it bothers people and they don’t want me to don’t bring it up.

As much as Libby has got on my t1ts and I disagree with his opinion this week, he is right here.

This whole week of BS all stemmed from a Rommers post about me refusing to respect meat eaters on a shirt sponsor thread and spread to every corner of the board.

I’d also like to note the post has a lot of upvotes. This isn’t a one sided board opinion evidently.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:17 - Jan 20 with 4169 viewsmonytowbray

on 11:16 - Jan 20 by _

Still gonna slice your shins out on Wednesday! Even if we’re on the same team ;)

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:18 - Jan 20 with 4166 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:08 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

That third paragraph isn’t true. It wasn’t me who brought meat eating into it. In fact, I didn’t post til page four on that thread and my response was to talk about your gambling OP and the logo.

Funniest thing about the new sponsor by monytowbray 11 Jan 2018 12:26
is people who regularly gamble on football then complaining that gambling sponsors are ruining football.

It's almost as if a target audience has made itself known in the sport and that's why they are advertising within it or something...

Meat was mentioned on page 2 and you’d already been in an argument before I even posted.

I had no plans to carry this thread on but I’m not going to let you just blatantly lie like you’ve just done. The evidence is there for all to see.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:19 - Jan 20 with 4161 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 11:16 - Jan 20 by _

FFS Libby - it wasn’t even me.

is people who regularly gamble on football then complaining that gambling sponsors are ruining football.

It's almost as if a target audience has made itself known in the sport and that's why they are advertising within it or something...

on 11:20 - Jan 20 with 4159 views_

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:17 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

Still gonna slice your shins out on Wednesday! Even if we’re on the same team ;)

Login to get fewer ads

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:21 - Jan 20 with 4148 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 10:28 - Jan 20 by wellsy700

Brave in the sense that he posted his thoughts and opinions, knowing that he would be ridiculed. It's all relative. At least he's started an interesting discussion

Libby’s thread on his mental health issues was brave. The poster, and I’m ashamed to say I can’t remember who it was, who opened up about his daughter’s drug addiction was brave. As are the threads about gambling addiction.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:23 - Jan 20 with 4152 viewsRyorry

Of course you did (call people out on their views), repeatedly ignored their answers & kept banging on the same old drum, hence they got annoyed and understandably kept defending themselves.

Please do yourself a favour and if you haven't already, check out Throbbe's long post on p5, 3rd one down, 17 upvotes without a single downer iirc. Phil would have done well to lock the thread with that - something we could all agree on - as the final post imho.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:24 - Jan 20 with 4150 viewsbrogansnose

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:18 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

That third paragraph isn’t true. It wasn’t me who brought meat eating into it. In fact, I didn’t post til page four on that thread and my response was to talk about your gambling OP and the logo.

Meat was mentioned on page 2 and you’d already been in an argument before I even posted.

I had no plans to carry this thread on but I’m not going to let you just blatantly lie like you’ve just done. The evidence is there for all to see.

I like you and the boy Callis but the twain is never going to meet between the pair of you concerning this so just let it fkn go mate. Its silly and the rights and wrongs and who started and said whatever is lost in the midst of TWTD fog.

BTW, I will make enquiries which are proceeding.

Hugs and kisses,

Broggs.
on 11:25 - Jan 20 with 4145 views_

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:21 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Libby’s thread on his mental health issues was brave. The poster, and I’m ashamed to say I can’t remember who it was, who opened up about his daughter’s drug addiction was brave. As are the threads about gambling addiction.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:26 - Jan 20 with 4143 viewsmonytowbray

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:18 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought I was div listed?

I’m tired of this Rommers. If you want to let it go the offer is there. I’ll take your opinion on board you feel you didn’t start it if you read the OP here and at least try to see this is the best summary I’ve seen of how the other side should view and react to my opinions if they’re not interested in reducing animal produce in their diet.

I’m still not happy you incorrectly accused me of being the reason Admiral left and that I claimed you should be banned with as little as an apology but I’m also willinng to let that go too as I am past caring now.

Cheers.

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:29 - Jan 20 with 4134 viewsmonytowbray

on 11:20 - Jan 20 by _

I was better last week, two games on the trot and quitting vaping is helping. I stuck to a more defensive role and although I didn’t score I probably prevented 5/6 goals just by being back and sticking to Spence and Tommy sticking high up the pitch.

I need new astros though, the bottom of mine might as well be ice skates on that pitch now.

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:33 - Jan 20 with 4127 viewsmonytowbray

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:23 - Jan 20 by Ryorry

Of course you did (call people out on their views), repeatedly ignored their answers & kept banging on the same old drum, hence they got annoyed and understandably kept defending themselves.

Please do yourself a favour and if you haven't already, check out Throbbe's long post on p5, 3rd one down, 17 upvotes without a single downer iirc. Phil would have done well to lock the thread with that - something we could all agree on - as the final post imho.

You’re still doing it. FFS can’t even agree to disagree without you trying to have one last pop.

I’ve said my bit, my opinions remain the same but can be avoided if people choose not to drag them up.

I’m Out, Laters.

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:33 - Jan 20 with 4124 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:26 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

I thought I was div listed?

I’m tired of this Rommers. If you want to let it go the offer is there. I’ll take your opinion on board you feel you didn’t start it if you read the OP here and at least try to see this is the best summary I’ve seen of how the other side should view and react to my opinions if they’re not interested in reducing animal produce in their diet.

I’m still not happy you incorrectly accused me of being the reason Admiral left and that I claimed you should be banned with as little as an apology but I’m also willinng to let that go too as I am past caring now.

Cheers.

Yes lets let’s it go.

I never meant you were the only reason for him leaving which I did specify straight away. All vegan or political threads become long ones was my point and it’s the long threads that drive people away from here. I apologise if that caused offence.

I didn’t join that meat discussion til page 10 btw. Just had a look.

As you’ll notice, I didn’t div list you. I don’t want to become so intolerant that I have to formally block people. Even my ex missus isn’t blocked on my phone.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:35 - Jan 20 with 4116 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:24 - Jan 20 by brogansnose

I like you and the boy Callis but the twain is never going to meet between the pair of you concerning this so just let it fkn go mate. Its silly and the rights and wrongs and who started and said whatever is lost in the midst of TWTD fog.

BTW, I will make enquiries which are proceeding.

Hugs and kisses,

Broggs.

Fairy nuff.

It’s time to move on.

I’ve made enquiries in a few places myself too. Cheers for your help.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 12:03 - Jan 20 with 4085 viewslocalboy78

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:35 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Fairy nuff.

It’s time to move on.

I’ve made enquiries in a few places myself too. Cheers for your help.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 12:46 - Jan 20 with 4055 viewswellsy700

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:21 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Simply a difference of opinion.

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 4041 views_

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:29 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

I was better last week, two games on the trot and quitting vaping is helping. I stuck to a more defensive role and although I didn’t score I probably prevented 5/6 goals just by being back and sticking to Spence and Tommy sticking high up the pitch.

I need new astros though, the bottom of mine might as well be ice skates on that pitch now.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 13:15 - Jan 20 with 4030 viewsJ2BLUE

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:33 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes lets let’s it go.

I never meant you were the only reason for him leaving which I did specify straight away. All vegan or political threads become long ones was my point and it’s the long threads that drive people away from here. I apologise if that caused offence.

I didn’t join that meat discussion til page 10 btw. Just had a look.

As you’ll notice, I didn’t div list you. I don’t want to become so intolerant that I have to formally block people. Even my ex missus isn’t blocked on my phone.

He's now a mister?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 13:43 - Jan 20 with 4007 viewsStokieBlue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 10:09 - Jan 20 by BrixtonBlue

It was a loaded question to make a point. Mine was pretty much the same answer. I didn't "jump" on anyone. You just continuously look to be offended by me.

Total nonsense.

It was a question and answered as such be eireblue. You wanted to see it loaded and as an argument so you did.

Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things though.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 13:47]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 00:14 - Jan 21 with 3918 viewsSeablu

on 16:19 - Jan 19 by _

Unbelievable Jeff!
He's going to be like an overexcited puppy when he gets a girlfriend & buys his first suit.....
Oh
I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 12:48 - Jan 21 with 3824 viewsitfcjoe

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 21:04 - Jan 19 by monytowbray

Sorry for the delayed reply but felt this was worth a proper one from my laptop.

I can't guarantee anything. I know an insect probably died from my food or an animal lost it's habitat. It may have even been minced in a farming tool. Sad indeed, but still I feel it's better than actively eating something that has been reared and killed for the sake of food, possibly after a miserable life of pain. It's also backed by research that the vegan diet, even with these things in consideration, has less impact on animal cruelty than an animal produce inclusive diet.

I understand that you personally aren't bothered about what you eat, and it's refreshing to here. I'm just bored of people separating the reality of the animal produce industry with their own diet. If you eat it, you eat it. Accept it if you are okay with it and I have nothing more to add. It's the people intent on justifying it with me that I'm going to clash with because I can't find a serious defence for eating meat vs the reasons I stopped with animal products.

Hope that clears things up. I'm not unreasonable, but at the same time I won't be reasonable with unreasonable people

For me, eating is just another strand of life that it's possible to do in many ways and they all have their plusses and minusses, but ultimately we all have to eat to live and many factors affect what we do.

A vegan diet is, undoubtedly, better for the animals but other diets are better for other areas and if a vegan drinks heavily and smokes then they are probably committing more sin towards the world and the country as they are going to be unhealthy and become a bigger burden on the state.

People can be informed and make different choices though, many people aren't animal lovers and see them as being bred to feed and are comfortable with that. I'd still deem it natural selection, even if it is maybe done in an unnatural way now it's just what evolution intended as it is happening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 3814 viewsNo9

We are told by many sources 'eat a well balanced diet' but we have never been educated as to what 'a well balanced diet' is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024