Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league 15:27 - Jan 24 with 12689 viewsrfretwell

Transfer fees are alot lower there - maybe we can unearth another Reuser let alone a young Muhren/Thijssen.
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:31 - Jan 24 with 7021 viewsKieran_Knows

I've started following Dutch football quite a bit over the last couple of years, and as you say, there is some good players over there (outside of the top 3 big clubs as well, Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord). Even in the Jupiler League (second division), there is some very good players as well.

I'd be delighted if Town started looking over in Holland for players.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 15:39 - Jan 24 with 6985 views_

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:41 - Jan 24 with 6974 viewshype313

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:31 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

I've started following Dutch football quite a bit over the last couple of years, and as you say, there is some good players over there (outside of the top 3 big clubs as well, Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord). Even in the Jupiler League (second division), there is some very good players as well.

I still think Go Ahead Eagles is the best name for a football club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:42 - Jan 24 with 6972 viewsKieran_Knows

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:41 - Jan 24 by hype313

I still think Go Ahead Eagles is the best name for a football club.

I agree, fantastic name for a club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:42 - Jan 24 with 6971 viewsrfretwell

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:31 - Jan 24 by Kieran_Knows

It looks like we are building a bit of a war chest with Smith and Moore sold and McGoldruck looking likely to go to Cardiff. Does anyone know whether we have any scouts in Europe or what contacts McCarthy/the club has with Dutch, German clubs?
on 15:44 - Jan 24 with 6958 views_

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:42 - Jan 24 by rfretwell

It looks like we are building a bit of a war chest with Smith and Moore sold and McGoldruck looking likely to go to Cardiff. Does anyone know whether we have any scouts in Europe or what contacts McCarthy/the club has with Dutch, German clubs?

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:46 - Jan 24 with 6952 viewschristiand

Only if those players have played for Wolves/Sunderland or they have an Irish heritage. Our scouting network seems to work within those parameters it seems.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:47 - Jan 24 with 6946 viewsrfretwell

on 15:39 - Jan 24 by _

Thanks Libero, I missed out on Reusers background for some reason but wow, what a player he was for us. I feel a re-watch of the play off final coming on ---
Login to get fewer ads

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:48 - Jan 24 with 6942 viewsuncle

on 15:39 - Jan 24 by _

Aye, when I worked over there a lot of Ajax fans I knew remembered and rated Reuser very highly indeed. They all seemed to think he'd have been something special had it not been for the injury, but I corrected them that he was special. Usually with a YouTube clip or two.
on 15:50 - Jan 24 with 6926 views_

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:47 - Jan 24 by rfretwell

Thanks Libero, I missed out on Reusers background for some reason but wow, what a player he was for us. I feel a re-watch of the play off final coming on ---

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 16:16 - Jan 24 with 6862 viewsglasso

We've been scouting France and Belgium recently, which is a new thing for us. Up until fairly recently our scouting abroad has been pretty much non-existent.
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 17:36 - Jan 24 with 6716 viewsPilgrimblue

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:42 - Jan 24 by rfretwell

MM only looks at Eire Ireland or N I

There's no evidence we have any contacts on Continent but agree that Holland or Sweden would places to find future prospects at prices we could afford. Club def needs to widen it's scope but that would mean new manager.
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 17:36 - Jan 24 with 6717 viewsKeaneish

Id be happy with another Bobby Petta.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 17:59 - Jan 24 with 6683 viewsPilgrimblue

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:48 - Jan 24 by uncle

Aye, when I worked over there a lot of Ajax fans I knew remembered and rated Reuser very highly indeed. They all seemed to think he'd have been something special had it not been for the injury, but I corrected them that he was special. Usually with a YouTube clip or two.

Reuser was great and while he had injuries he still made his mark and was worth entry fee when on song.
It's a great shame that we don't have scouts in Holland etc but sadly Mick doesn't travel well
and I guess he doesn't like their style (too attacking). He relies heavily on mates (Moore and Rowe) and his previous clubs while many other clubs rely on scouts.
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 18:10 - Jan 24 with 6660 viewsCrock

Or maybe another Holster and Lems

Poll: Favourite number?

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 18:12 - Jan 24 with 6651 viewsBloomBlue

Theyre cheap until an English club make an offer and then it becomes those rich feckers with all their TV money and the price is increased 300%
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 18:41 - Jan 24 with 6612 viewstiptreeblue

on 15:50 - Jan 24 by _

I got his shirt when he threw it into the crowd after the last game of the season at Derby, (i can`t remember the year). we went to the player of the year do and he signed it on the back and front for me. It now hangs on the wall at the top of the stairs so i can look at it every time i go up them. Happy days
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 19:04 - Jan 24 with 6564 viewsLeoMuff

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 15:46 - Jan 24 by christiand

Only if those players have played for Wolves/Sunderland or they have an Irish heritage. Our scouting network seems to work within those parameters it seems.

Like Mings, Knudsen, ward, skuse and garner.....

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 19:14 - Jan 24 with 6538 viewschristiand

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 19:04 - Jan 24 by LeoMuff

Like Mings, Knudsen, ward, skuse and garner.....

We can all add names that fit our own agenda. My list would go on for too long.

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 19:55 - Jan 24 with 6479 viewsfactual_blue

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 17:36 - Jan 24 by Keaneish

Id be happy with another Bobby Petta.

He's now 43 and with Rossvale in the West of Scotland League Central District First Division.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 21:10 - Jan 24 with 6395 viewsLeoMuff

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 19:14 - Jan 24 by christiand

We can all add names that fit our own agenda. My list would go on for too long.

Well I suppose they completely disprove your statement, so you would say that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 21:20 - Jan 24 with 6383 viewschristiand

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 21:10 - Jan 24 by LeoMuff

Well I suppose they completely disprove your statement, so you would say that.

All tongue in cheek and naturally a few will, but we also have signed a lot that do fall in to that criteria too - Murphy, Berra, McGoldrick, the Hunt sisters, Gleeson and they are all off the top of the dome.

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 21:57 - Jan 24 with 6338 viewskessinglandblue

Pretty sure if there was a Muhren type talent kicking around, a premier league club would pick them up given their resources before we’d even boarded the ferry from Harwich to take a look.

In any case why would anyone with Reusers level of ablility let alone Muhren have any interest in joining us.

Hartlepool or Eastbourne is more likely our hunting ground not Amsterdam or Eindhoven.
Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 12:41 - Jan 25 with 6171 viewsIpswichTownNL

Let me save the ITFC scouts some work:

Ajax - No point, can't afford.
PSV - No point, can't afford.
Feyenoord - Might want to look at CM Simon Gustafson. Currently on loan at Roda.
AZ - Joris van Overeem (CM) is quality. Not playing much at the moment.
Utrecht - No affordable options.
Heerenveen - Kik Pierie (young CB). Probably on too many scounting list already.
Vitesse — I dig CM Thomas Bruns.
Groningen — Juninho Bacuna (CM) & Mimoun Mahi (CF)
Zwolle — Mustafa Saymak. Creative midfielder out of contract.
Ado Den Haag — No one.
Heracles — Sheffield Wednesday bought their only interesting player last week.
Willem II - No one.
Excelsior — No one.
Sparta — No one.
Roda — F*ck Roda.
NAC — Try to get Man City loanee Angelino (LFB) in.
VVV — Lars Unnerstall (GK) & Clint Leemans (CM)

Top picks; Unnerstall (GK, VVV), Joris van Overeem (CM, AZ) & Mustafa Saymak (CM, Zwolle)

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Hope we're scouting the Dutch league on 12:51 - Jan 25 with 6134 viewsAlan_Handsome

Hirving Lozano will be a star one day....as will Tom Boere. Way out of our budget sadly.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024