Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
07:42 - Feb 12 with 3905 views_

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 07:57 - Feb 12 with 3854 viewschicoazul

I haven't seen the film but that won't stop me from saying that I have no doubt whatsoever that this film in no way "promotes bullying children with food allergies". It probably *features* bullying children with food allergies. But people struggle with that distinction nowadays dont they.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:18 - Feb 12 with 3794 viewsSarge

You have to be a special kind of pathetic to find that offensive. The correct answer to anyone that finds anything offensive should be 'so f*cking what?'.
Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:20 - Feb 12 with 3788 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

If ever there was three sentences to sum up the pathetic PC world of 2018 Britain, it’s these:

‘Campaigners condemned the scene and some Twitter users adopted the hashtag #boycottpeterrabbit.

The charity Kids with Food Allergies Foundation said in a Facebook post "food allergy 'jokes' are harmful to our community".

A petition calling on Sony Pictures to apologise also attracted thousands of signatures.’

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:21 - Feb 12 with 3775 viewsDanTheMan

How these things are ever news stories is beyond me.

9,000 people signed a petition about something silly? Time for a news story.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:22 - Feb 12 with 3769 viewsDanTheMan

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:20 - Feb 12 by The_Romford_Blue

If ever there was three sentences to sum up the pathetic PC world of 2018 Britain, it’s these:

‘Campaigners condemned the scene and some Twitter users adopted the hashtag #boycottpeterrabbit.

The charity Kids with Food Allergies Foundation said in a Facebook post "food allergy 'jokes' are harmful to our community".

A petition calling on Sony Pictures to apologise also attracted thousands of signatures.’

The foundation is US based, so it's got almost nothing to do with Britain.

This is an absolute nothing story, if it was not on the BBC, I doubt anyone would have noticed it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:23 - Feb 12 with 3764 viewslowhouseblue

what I took from the report was that the bunny was ok because he had his EpiPen with him. seems a pretty positive message to me.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:25 - Feb 12 with 3751 viewsPinewoodblue

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:20 - Feb 12 by The_Romford_Blue

This is a news story on events in the USA. How does that sum up how things are in the UK?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 8:28]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 12:42 - Feb 12 with 3536 viewsJ2BLUE

In a joint statement, Sony Pictures and the filmmakers said they "should not have made light" of the issue.

Soon they won't be able to include anything. It'll be the Rabbit, I assume its name is Peter, sitting there in its safe space with dimmed lights and constant warnings that it may be triggered by someone offering it a Jaffa Cake.

Edit: Sh1t, has he chosen his pronouns yet? I'll change him to it.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 12:44]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 12:59 - Feb 12 with 3496 viewsmarchy

More of this sort of thing, to be honest.

Football's a divisive thing. Mick-in vs. Mick-out, team vs. team, Premiership vs. the rest, modern vs. the good old days...

But with that story, we can all coexist harmonious and happy in the agreement that everyone who made it necessary, however few or many they are, are pr*cks. And that's a special thing.
Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 13:22 - Feb 12 with 3430 viewsmonytowbray

People have always been offended by stupid things. This isn't new or news. It's just in this day and age of the internet and sh1tting out as much content as possible for clicks/shares over proper in depth journalism the second one person on Twitter says they are bothered by something it gets covered as some kind of mass hysteria.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/vegans-furious-after-police-share-11800 - This one particularly annoyed me by taking a single tweet and applying it plurally to an entire group.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 13:26 - Feb 12 with 3392 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 08:25 - Feb 12 by Pinewoodblue

This is a news story on events in the USA. How does that sum up how things are in the UK?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 8:28]

Jumping to conclusions and being offended about 'PC UK' seem to be the kind of things that sum up the country these days.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 13:39 - Feb 12 with 3351 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Whether this is relevant to the UK or not, or even news worthy; it genuinely baffles me how people who are offended by things like this get through life sometimes. They must see 'offence' everywhere.
Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 20:54 - Feb 12 with 3150 viewsSpruceMoose

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 13:39 - Feb 12 by Decoy_Octopus

Whether this is relevant to the UK or not, or even news worthy; it genuinely baffles me how people who are offended by things like this get through life sometimes. They must see 'offence' everywhere.

The offended parties are still offended. Kerr-roist, some people need launching into outer space.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2018/feb/12/allergies-peter-rabbit

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 12:30 - Feb 13 with 3000 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 20:54 - Feb 12 by SpruceMoose

The offended parties are still offended. Kerr-roist, some people need launching into outer space.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2018/feb/12/allergies-peter-rabbit

See, I've seen this mentioned about Rabbits throwing blackberry's at someone who is allergic, but none describe the context of the scene, was the character bullying the rabbits for example and this was revenge, who knows, who cares.

I'd get it if it was racism or something like that. Just baffles me is all.
Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 12:52 - Feb 13 with 2972 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Fukcing hell. Proof that there is literally nothing that someone somewhere will not get offended by. Some people are so far detached from the realities of the world it's unreal.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Imagine being 'offended' by this... on 13:21 - Feb 13 with 2940 viewsBlue_Order

I already boycotted it when I heard James Cordens voice coming from the rabbit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024