Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is your feeling currently about Mick? 21:17 - Feb 20 with 4310 viewsSuperfrans

What is your feeling currently about Mick?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 22:38 - Feb 20 with 4171 viewsSuperfrans

Bump

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 22:42 - Feb 20 with 4153 viewsBluefish

When you say time is up, do you mean today or in the summer?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 22:47 - Feb 20 with 4158 viewstextbackup

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 22:42 - Feb 20 by Bluefish

When you say time is up, do you mean today or in the summer?

honestly, what's the difference?
he'll stay anyway, nobody at ITFC could face a change, he probably tells ME what to do anyway, so he'll end up with an improved contract and stay another 2 years.
which would be an incredible thing to happen if it does. never known a manager to be so anti his fans and vice versa.
I'm sure it'll make for some great "banter" on here tho. and I'm sure that mid table finish will have many quaking with excitement.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 22:59 - Feb 20 with 4138 viewsKieran_Knows

A toss up between not caring anymore and appreciating the job he has done, but feel it’s time to move on (I chose the latter in the end).

The whole thing has become a complete joke, and whilst all the on/off field issues are down to Mick (style of football, relationship with fans), the one bloke who p*sses me off the most is Marcus Evans because he doesn’t seem to have the b*llocks to make the right decision for the club, and that’s to mutually agree with Mick to part ways. It’s killing us, it really is. I keep saying it, but what on earth is Evans getting out of all this?

I’ve said before also, that whilst I don’t hate Mick like others do, and I actually quite like the bloke (find some of the stuff he says more funny than annoying), if he is still somehow in charge next season, then I won’t be renewing my season ticket.

Anyway, rant over.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 00:01 - Feb 21 with 4069 viewstextbackup

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 22:59 - Feb 20 by Kieran_Knows

A toss up between not caring anymore and appreciating the job he has done, but feel it’s time to move on (I chose the latter in the end).

The whole thing has become a complete joke, and whilst all the on/off field issues are down to Mick (style of football, relationship with fans), the one bloke who p*sses me off the most is Marcus Evans because he doesn’t seem to have the b*llocks to make the right decision for the club, and that’s to mutually agree with Mick to part ways. It’s killing us, it really is. I keep saying it, but what on earth is Evans getting out of all this?

I’ve said before also, that whilst I don’t hate Mick like others do, and I actually quite like the bloke (find some of the stuff he says more funny than annoying), if he is still somehow in charge next season, then I won’t be renewing my season ticket.

Anyway, rant over.

exactly this. if MM stays you know ME wont change his stance on the spending power he gives MM.

and even if he did, what amount would we be looking at? I honestly felt the recruitment we done in the summer was good, huws etc, but then you see why we've been able to buy them, they've played naff all football.

so honestly what is the point in keeping this management style? theres just no point in trying the same approach over and over. its so frustrating, and a complete waste of time, if we are here to literally just exist then fair play to anyone that continues to watch it weekly, but I cant see myself doing it. i'll probably do one game a month, at a push, just worries once I get out of the routine that i'll fall away like many others

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 08:32 - Feb 21 with 3933 viewsSteve_M

I think it's the right time for a change, without significant investment it's hard to see how the club rises above it's current level under the current ownership and, irrespective of the reasons why, the relationship between MM and large sections of the fanbase is too far gone to be retrievable.

I'm not convinced that a new manager is suddenly going to do a better job than McCarthy, and there is a real risk that we will be worse off, but unless something changes then the slow drift into obscurity will continue.

That said, I'm not going to be particularly upset if McCarthy does decide to stay. The major reasons for the current state of ITFC are not down to him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 08:34 - Feb 21 with 3918 viewsBluefish

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 08:32 - Feb 21 by Steve_M

I think it's the right time for a change, without significant investment it's hard to see how the club rises above it's current level under the current ownership and, irrespective of the reasons why, the relationship between MM and large sections of the fanbase is too far gone to be retrievable.

I'm not convinced that a new manager is suddenly going to do a better job than McCarthy, and there is a real risk that we will be worse off, but unless something changes then the slow drift into obscurity will continue.

That said, I'm not going to be particularly upset if McCarthy does decide to stay. The major reasons for the current state of ITFC are not down to him.

Spot on Steve

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 09:17 - Feb 21 with 3875 viewsSuperfrans

I agree with this 100%.

What is quite gratifying about the results of my poll is how many people who want Mick to go, do so while appreciating the job he has done. It really does suggest that those who thoroughly dislike him and will presumably wave him off with a two finger salute, are in the minority.

Login to get fewer ads

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 09:27 - Feb 21 with 3855 viewsReuser_is_God

It’s time for a change.

I don’t have faith in Evans getting the next appointment right though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 3841 viewsGuthrum

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 00:01 - Feb 21 by textbackup

exactly this. if MM stays you know ME wont change his stance on the spending power he gives MM.

and even if he did, what amount would we be looking at? I honestly felt the recruitment we done in the summer was good, huws etc, but then you see why we've been able to buy them, they've played naff all football.

so honestly what is the point in keeping this management style? theres just no point in trying the same approach over and over. its so frustrating, and a complete waste of time, if we are here to literally just exist then fair play to anyone that continues to watch it weekly, but I cant see myself doing it. i'll probably do one game a month, at a push, just worries once I get out of the routine that i'll fall away like many others

I think that as long as you're worried about falling away, it's unlikely to happen. You'll still keep an eye on the scores, watch the highlights show, post on TWTD. You'll miss the social side of going to games, the people you only see at Portman Road (or in away pubs). Habits you've been building up for decades don't die that easily.

Much like hypothermia, it's when you stop caring that you've got it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 3837 viewsReuser_is_God

I also thinks that if Mick does stay then it’s the biggest indicator yet that Evans really doesn’t give a fcuk.

Not that we need anymore evidence.

*awaits Ian Milne to say how much Evans cares because his daughter is now a Town fan*

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 12:21 - Feb 21 with 3733 viewsSuperfrans

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 09:33 - Feb 21 by Reuser_is_God

I also thinks that if Mick does stay then it’s the biggest indicator yet that Evans really doesn’t give a fcuk.

Not that we need anymore evidence.

*awaits Ian Milne to say how much Evans cares because his daughter is now a Town fan*

Even a millionaire cares about his investments, that's how he's a millionaire. Evans will care as much as anyone else on here. He has tens of millions of pounds riding on it.

In some ways, you could say that he cares more. It's easy for any of us on here to be calling for Mick to go, for us to hire whoever might occur to us that day. Evans will inevitably be more careful with such decisions.

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:25 - Feb 21 with 3669 viewstextbackup

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 12:21 - Feb 21 by Superfrans

Even a millionaire cares about his investments, that's how he's a millionaire. Evans will care as much as anyone else on here. He has tens of millions of pounds riding on it.

In some ways, you could say that he cares more. It's easy for any of us on here to be calling for Mick to go, for us to hire whoever might occur to us that day. Evans will inevitably be more careful with such decisions.

SORry but that’s not true. There’s many many fans who are accepting of what Town are under ME, they are the ones ME cares more than, but I’d say with hand on heart that the majority of that away end Sunday cares more about ITFC than ME ever will.

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:26 - Feb 21 with 3665 viewsBluefish

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:25 - Feb 21 by textbackup

SORry but that’s not true. There’s many many fans who are accepting of what Town are under ME, they are the ones ME cares more than, but I’d say with hand on heart that the majority of that away end Sunday cares more about ITFC than ME ever will.

Are you saying that we are unique in the fans caring more than the owner?

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:30 - Feb 21 with 3647 viewstextbackup

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:26 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

Are you saying that we are unique in the fans caring more than the owner?

No, I’m saying that mateys point was wrong and and doesn’t care more than us because he’s put money into club.

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:32 - Feb 21 with 3636 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

This. Absolutely this.

You’ve explained my thoughts better than I ever could have done

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:37 - Feb 21 with 3608 viewsBluefish

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:30 - Feb 21 by textbackup

No, I’m saying that mateys point was wrong and and doesn’t care more than us because he’s put money into club.

No owner in the land cares as much as the fans. I assume he just meant that the owner does care and exaggerated a bit.

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:44 - Feb 21 with 3587 viewstextbackup

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:37 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

No owner in the land cares as much as the fans. I assume he just meant that the owner does care and exaggerated a bit.

Probably, but I couldn’t read that without replying.

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:53 - Feb 21 with 3565 viewsSomethingBlue

Interesting poll, this, because it confirms that the majority of (TWTD-reading) fans do not feel the venom towards Mick that the very vocal minority show. And also shows that most of us are broadly of the same view: thanks a lot, and now farewell.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 14:09 - Feb 21 with 3534 viewsSuperfrans

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:25 - Feb 21 by textbackup

I suppose it’s a different kind of caring.

As fans, we were here before Evans arrived and will be around well after he’s gone. Of course. And we make decisions about our club based on that, but potentially more out of passion and heart, than using our heads.

Evans has millions of pounds sunk into the club. That, by definition, will mean that he cares deeply about what happens after this season. He may make decisions for different reasons (financial), but he still cares what happens with the club. He may make his decisions on a more rational basis too.

This is where I differ fundamentally from those who want Mick slung out and say that those who don’t want him slung don’t have passion for our club. That’s the worst kind of BS. It’s just nonsense. We do, we just express it in different ways.

Edit: And yes, As someone else says, I don’t really think Evans cares more than us. It’s just different.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 14:13]

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 14:32 - Feb 21 with 3490 viewsSwailsey

Very fair results here I feel.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 14:36 - Feb 21 with 3481 viewsSuperfrans

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 13:53 - Feb 21 by SomethingBlue

Interesting poll, this, because it confirms that the majority of (TWTD-reading) fans do not feel the venom towards Mick that the very vocal minority show. And also shows that most of us are broadly of the same view: thanks a lot, and now farewell.

Indeed. My main reason for posting it was because I was really fearing a massive celebration from certain people come the point when Mick's departure is announced - rather than appreciation of the contribution he has made to the club.

This seems to suggest that it should be fairly well balanced in favour of appreciation of him, come the inevitable day.

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 15:45 - Feb 21 with 3415 viewspeterleeblue

One more season for me. I want to see what he can achieve with a midfield with Dozzell, Downes and Huws in it.
There is also a lot of raw talent in the squad - Spence , Nydam , Odefemi etc.
I still think he may be on to something that will allow him to remove the defensive shackles and have us playing a more expansive game.
What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 08:48 - Feb 24 with 3246 viewsHerbivore

This poll should help to explain to those who are struggling to understand why it is that Mick talks about a minority of fans being against him. It's less than 20% who can't stand him and want him gone straight away. A larger proportion than that wants him to stay. It's that majority of fans who feel he's done a good job but should go that are key really, I think Mick definitely feels it's those fans he needs to win back rather than the bed wetters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 08:50 - Feb 24 with 3242 viewsSuperfrans

What is your feeling currently about Mick? on 08:48 - Feb 24 by Herbivore

This poll should help to explain to those who are struggling to understand why it is that Mick talks about a minority of fans being against him. It's less than 20% who can't stand him and want him gone straight away. A larger proportion than that wants him to stay. It's that majority of fans who feel he's done a good job but should go that are key really, I think Mick definitely feels it's those fans he needs to win back rather than the bed wetters.

Yes. The other poll on here clearly reflects the group of people who hate him and want him gone, and those who feel he’s done a decent job but that his time is up (as I do) for a number of reasons, including the increasing vitriol from certain parts of our fanbase.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024