Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? 08:45 - Feb 24 with 11571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone care to disagree with this assessment by the former head of MI6?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/02/23/take-former-spy-accusations-again

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 1095 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:04 - Feb 24 by footers

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/20/no-evidence-corbyn-was-spy-for-

So I was right the first time then. Not a spy but a useful idiot. Just as he was for the IRA, Hamas, hate preachers, antisemites, holocaust deniers and the Iranian government.

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:14 - Feb 24 with 1093 viewschicoazul

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:07 - Feb 24 by imsureazzure

In that it is not a non story.

It pretty much is though, there is just no way someone with his well-known Irish Nat and Soviet Union sympathies would have been given access to anything more sensitive than what was pretty well known at the time. We were basically at de-facto war with both those parties at that time so the MI branches would have given him a wide berth and probably fed him misinformation.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:15 - Feb 24 with 1074 viewsArcher4721

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:05 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

evidence of him cosying up to this oppressive regime has been published for the last fortnight. anyone who remembers him from the '80s, as opposed to those who discovered him in 2015, knows that he was a political fan boy for various oppressive dictatorships. they fitted with his politics and he had no interest in their human rights abuses or there treatment of dissidents.

i don't think he was a spy - but i know full well who his political friends were.

you don't want to hear any of this, but it doesn't stop it from being true.

Spot the war criminal.

[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 11:17]
This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:19 - Feb 24 with 1077 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:05 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

evidence of him cosying up to this oppressive regime has been published for the last fortnight. anyone who remembers him from the '80s, as opposed to those who discovered him in 2015, knows that he was a political fan boy for various oppressive dictatorships. they fitted with his politics and he had no interest in their human rights abuses or there treatment of dissidents.

i don't think he was a spy - but i know full well who his political friends were.

you don't want to hear any of this, but it doesn't stop it from being true.

"Cosying up" or just meeting with someone?

He's done a lot of meeting with people, on both sides of divides. Does that mean he agrees with the regime of either?

Again, please post some proof that Corbyn supported the crushing of human rights and abusing dissidents. If you can post some actual proof he supports these things I will stop supporting and voting for Corbyn.

If it's true it should be easy to post some proof rather than heresay...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:20 - Feb 24 with 1074 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:07 - Feb 24 by imsureazzure

In that it is not a non story.

Compared to what connerscontract has posted above, it is.

Funny how Glassers hasn't started a thread on that...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:21 - Feb 24 with 1073 viewschicoazul

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:19 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

He's done a lot of meeting with people, on both sides of divides. Does that mean he agrees with the regime of either?

Again, please post some proof that Corbyn supported the crushing of human rights and abusing dissidents. If you can post some actual proof he supports these things I will stop supporting and voting for Corbyn.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/834191/Jeremy-Corbyn-banco-Venezuela-salutes-H

Do some research into Hugo and what he and his people did to people who didnt fancy him much.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:22 - Feb 24 with 1073 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:14 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

So I was right the first time then. Not a spy but a useful idiot. Just as he was for the IRA, Hamas, hate preachers, antisemites, holocaust deniers and the Iranian government.

I keep asking, and you keep avoiding, if he wasn't privy to any sensitive stuff, in what way was he useful?

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:24 - Feb 24 with 1070 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:14 - Feb 24 by chicoazul

It pretty much is though, there is just no way someone with his well-known Irish Nat and Soviet Union sympathies would have been given access to anything more sensitive than what was pretty well known at the time. We were basically at de-facto war with both those parties at that time so the MI branches would have given him a wide berth and probably fed him misinformation.

You’re missing the wider point. Soviet espionage wasn’t limited to finding out state secrets. A large par was to destabilise the UK state by infiltrating trades unions and organisations such as CND.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:27 - Feb 24 with 1066 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:19 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Both sides of the divide? When did he meet with unionist terrorists? When did he meet with the Israeli government? Provide one link.

He has never spoken to people from both sides of the divide. Only the sides he agreed with.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/08/has-jeremy-corbyn-ever-bothered-to-speak-t
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 11:28]

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:30 - Feb 24 with 1058 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:21 - Feb 24 by chicoazul

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/834191/Jeremy-Corbyn-banco-Venezuela-salutes-H

Do some research into Hugo and what he and his people did to people who didnt fancy him much.

"I look forward to the development in Venezuela, the efficiency of Venezuela in providing good services and decency for all the people of that country. Our solidarity is important and the best form of solidarity is learning from it."

He said Venezuela wanted to “empower the poorest” and slammed a “return to the elitism of the past”.

In what way is he supporting Hugo's past methods?

"A spokesman for Mr Corbyn told Express.co.uk: "Jeremy condemns political violence and human rights abuses whoever carries them out. A dialogue process is needed to secure a peaceful way forward for Venezuela."

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:33 - Feb 24 with 1049 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:20 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Compared to what connerscontract has posted above, it is.

Funny how Glassers hasn't started a thread on that...

Funny how you have never started a thread on it either

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:39 - Feb 24 with 1043 viewsimsureazzure

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:24 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

You’re missing the wider point. Soviet espionage wasn’t limited to finding out state secrets. A large par was to destabilise the UK state by infiltrating trades unions and organisations such as CND.

This is a key issue, when the unions were at their pomp there is no doubt Communist Russia was at the centre of the agitators.
This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:44 - Feb 24 with 1038 viewsSomethingBlue

It's just utter, convenient and entirely understandable b8llocks from a terrified right-wing media.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:46 - Feb 24 with 1030 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:22 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

I keep asking, and you keep avoiding, if he wasn't privy to any sensitive stuff, in what way was he useful?

See my reply to Chico. He’s also useful inasmuch as his support legitimised their views. Former IRA said as much.

I told you last week to look up the term useful idiot

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:11 - Feb 24 with 998 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:33 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

Funny how you have never started a thread on it either

Because I didn't know about it.

You do a good job of just posting the stuff that makes Corbyn look bad though. That's how your dirty kind of politics works.

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:15 - Feb 24 with 993 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:11 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Because I didn't know about it.

You do a good job of just posting the stuff that makes Corbyn look bad though. That's how your dirty kind of politics works.

You you are clinging on Connors coattails in order to divert the discussion away from the useful idiot. Despite knowing sweet FA about what he is taking about.

Oh you also wanted examples of cosying up to despicable regimes. How about taking money from Iranian state owned Press TV and praising the Iranian government whilst they were executing homosexuals and dissidents? Any comment on that dollers?

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:15 - Feb 24 with 993 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 11:46 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

See my reply to Chico. He’s also useful inasmuch as his support legitimised their views. Former IRA said as much.

I told you last week to look up the term useful idiot

Pretty tenuous use of the word "useful"

And... oh I give up. It's a lovely sunny day here in Brixton, I'm going out...

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:16 - Feb 24 with 991 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 09:55 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Still peddling this nonsense Benters? Even Glassers doesn't think Corbyn "hates Blighty".

He doesn’t hate the country but he is completely for open borders. That will mean that if he got into power you would have to spend all your free capital bankrolling an immigration policy. Mind you, if you take the view that there are a lot of people in this world who aren’t as lucky as those born here then maybe we should spend everything we can to make the lives of many people better.
I can respect that point by of view as long as people don’t witter on about standards of living in this country
This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:21 - Feb 24 with 985 viewsBrixtonBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:15 - Feb 24 by GlasgowBlue

You you are clinging on Connors coattails in order to divert the discussion away from the useful idiot. Despite knowing sweet FA about what he is taking about.

Oh you also wanted examples of cosying up to despicable regimes. How about taking money from Iranian state owned Press TV and praising the Iranian government whilst they were executing homosexuals and dissidents? Any comment on that dollers?

Clinging onto his coattails?! No, he posted something I wasn't aware of which is FAR MORE damning than the Corbyn-spy nonsense. You CONSTANTLY divert from what your party is up to by not mentioning it, and instead posting links to the latest Corbyn smear story.

And no, I didn't ask for examples of the vague term "cosying up". I asked for actual proof that Corbyn supports the crushing of human rights and abusing dissidents.

In your example there, do you believe Corbyn supports the execution of homosexuals and dissidents?

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 972 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:21 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Clinging onto his coattails?! No, he posted something I wasn't aware of which is FAR MORE damning than the Corbyn-spy nonsense. You CONSTANTLY divert from what your party is up to by not mentioning it, and instead posting links to the latest Corbyn smear story.

And no, I didn't ask for examples of the vague term "cosying up". I asked for actual proof that Corbyn supports the crushing of human rights and abusing dissidents.

In your example there, do you believe Corbyn supports the execution of homosexuals and dissidents?

"You CONSTANTLY divert from what your party is up to by not mentioning it"

1. I don't have a party.

2. How many times have I condemned the Tory deal with the DUP?

As for your final question. I believe, like he did with the murder of innocent children by the IRA or the terror attacks carried out by Hamas, that he turns a blind eye to such things whilst continuing to support the people who are doing it.

He has even been called up by his own party's blog, Labour Uncut, have called him out over his lies.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2018/01/31/breaking-labour-leader-leaves-national-tele

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 973 viewsgordon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-43145957/steve-baker-on-tory-reaction-t

It's a pathetically obvious smear campaign, as Andrew Neill makes quite clear. The Czech individual who is the source of the story is a source of ridicule in the Czech Republic, he's a known fantasist. He claimed Corbyn was sharing secrets with him on what Thatcher ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and on her what she would be wearing!

The labour politician here, whoever he is, is a complete idiot though, Steve Baker was getting an absolute roasting, before he tried to interrupt with his flouncing.

Anyway, the only useful idiots I can see are the ones in this thread who've swallowed this whole without a second thought.
This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:43 - Feb 24 with 969 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:15 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Pretty tenuous use of the word "useful"

And... oh I give up. It's a lovely sunny day here in Brixton, I'm going out...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:43 - Feb 24 with 972 viewshochiblue

Just in the interests of balance, try this one.....

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/photo-emerges-russian-exposed-spy-good-fr
This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:45 - Feb 24 with 971 viewsGlasgowBlue

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:41 - Feb 24 by gordon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-43145957/steve-baker-on-tory-reaction-t

It's a pathetically obvious smear campaign, as Andrew Neill makes quite clear. The Czech individual who is the source of the story is a source of ridicule in the Czech Republic, he's a known fantasist. He claimed Corbyn was sharing secrets with him on what Thatcher ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and on her what she would be wearing!

The labour politician here, whoever he is, is a complete idiot though, Steve Baker was getting an absolute roasting, before he tried to interrupt with his flouncing.

Anyway, the only useful idiots I can see are the ones in this thread who've swallowed this whole without a second thought.

"The Czech individual who is the source of the story is a source of ridicule in the Czech Republic"

With all due respect to poster on a football message board called gordon, Sir Richard Dearlove, former head of MI6, disagrees with you.

Who to take most notice of? oh the dilemma. Football message board poster of former head of MI6?

Iron Lion Zion

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 12:52 - Feb 24 with 957 viewsconnorscontract

This story doesn’t seem to be going away does it? on 10:38 - Feb 24 by Steve_M

Nor is it having any real effect. Those who like Corbyn don't allow these stories to register in the same way that you, and others, play down any negative impacts of leaving the EU. That's politics isn't it?

For what it's worth, this story is well down my reasons to be sceptical of Corbyn, his continued support for a failing Venezuelan government and his uncritical approach to the Russian line in Syria, despite the atrocities of the Assad regime are more resonant.

And his failure to hold the Government to account over Brexit.

But, yes, his Foreign Policy position is muddled and I hate to think he might suck up to Putin, but fear it is possible. That's one of my biggest concerns over Brexit- a weakened EU is good for Putin and we will be looking for any friemd we can get.

That and the potential collapse of the Good Friday agreement.

And economic collapse.

And a staffing crisis in the NHS.

And the fact that the negotiations are being carried out in a rank amateur fashion.

And that 60 loons are holding May to ransom.

And that our only friend mght be Trump.

Oh buggger.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024