Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great win yesterday.BUT 15:36 - Feb 25 with 6150 viewscarlisleaway

For all those trying to twist the 70/30 McCarthy out brigade, just see what the attendance will be this Saturday against Hull. This will show you how the majority want a new man in charge of Ipswich, regardless of what Evans will throw in the pot next season.
I will be attending whatever the result but there are many many fans who will not return to Portman Road until we have a new leader.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:17 - Feb 25 with 4373 viewsFarmerpiles

If Mick stays I won't be renewing our two adult STs. Burton game was final straw for me. 33yrs a ST holder & my daughter for 10yrs. Bored of micks tactics, his "doing us a favour" attitude & to all those "be careful what you wish for" brigade I say I wish for a manager who can rise above the anti manager chants and treat the position of manager of this great club with a bit of respect, prove people wrong with your football. I'd take McGreal or Mowbray , let's unite the fanbase again. Don't be told this is as good as it gets. I'll miss my usual seat, but I'll survive and do more away trips.
So what? (n/t) on 16:20 - Feb 25 with 4349 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:26 - Feb 25 with 4326 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Carayol May be a part of the jigsaw we have been missing a pacey winger/ wideman
His looked electric from the highlights and he was ill
Something we really have been missing
Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:37 - Feb 25 with 4285 viewsmadmouse1959

Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:17 - Feb 25 by Farmerpiles

If Mick stays I won't be renewing our two adult STs. Burton game was final straw for me. 33yrs a ST holder & my daughter for 10yrs. Bored of micks tactics, his "doing us a favour" attitude & to all those "be careful what you wish for" brigade I say I wish for a manager who can rise above the anti manager chants and treat the position of manager of this great club with a bit of respect, prove people wrong with your football. I'd take McGreal or Mowbray , let's unite the fanbase again. Don't be told this is as good as it gets. I'll miss my usual seat, but I'll survive and do more away trips.

Oh yes, we do win a game now and again.

shampoo dave

Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:52 - Feb 25 with 4247 viewslongtimefan

Why do people who say we are boring then say they’ll do more away games when quite legitimately we’re more likely to go with a more defensive approach. Plus the fact you’re then giving more money to the competion rather than the club you supposedly support?
Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 4243 viewscarlisleaway

Great win yesterday.BUT on 16:52 - Feb 25 by longtimefan

Why do people who say we are boring then say they’ll do more away games when quite legitimately we’re more likely to go with a more defensive approach. Plus the fact you’re then giving more money to the competion rather than the club you supposedly support?

Maybe because of the negative and boring home performances we have seen over the past 2 seasons.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:14 - Feb 25 with 4202 viewsFarmerpiles

Away trips tend to be better atmospheres, it's not just the football. A day on the road and (usually) singing for my team till I'm hoarse. If some fans want to keep pouring good money after bad into MEs pocket, that's their choice. I've decided no more.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:17 - Feb 25 with 4181 viewslongtimefan

Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:14 - Feb 25 by Farmerpiles

Away trips tend to be better atmospheres, it's not just the football. A day on the road and (usually) singing for my team till I'm hoarse. If some fans want to keep pouring good money after bad into MEs pocket, that's their choice. I've decided no more.

So you’d rather finance the competition than the club you supposedly support. Strange.
Login to get fewer ads

Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:55 - Feb 25 with 4134 viewsBenters2

Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:17 - Feb 25 by longtimefan

So you’d rather finance the competition than the club you supposedly support. Strange.

Plenty of people do it.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:21 - Feb 25 with 4085 viewsCurrie10

The majority wanted Pulis out and look at WBA now.

Fact of the matter is we as fans want the absolute world. Is our expectation of ITFC just?

Sidenote - if Mick moves on I'm sure we'll move forward, but do we really think the WBA lot who were delighted to get Pulis sacked - with them NOT IN the relegation zone have a clue?

End of the day, if we're winning games people will go mate. Look at us vs Charlton 14/15, over 26,000 there that day.

If Mick goes, sure, the gates will fly up to start with. Then if results are crap, many will leave.......
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 18:23]
Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:23 - Feb 25 with 4068 viewsHerbivore

What's with the obsession with attendances?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:30 - Feb 25 with 4045 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:14 - Feb 25 by Farmerpiles

So actually, it’s Evans you don’t want to support?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:32 - Feb 25 with 4039 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:21 - Feb 25 by Currie10

The majority wanted Pulis out and look at WBA now.

Fact of the matter is we as fans want the absolute world. Is our expectation of ITFC just?

Sidenote - if Mick moves on I'm sure we'll move forward, but do we really think the WBA lot who were delighted to get Pulis sacked - with them NOT IN the relegation zone have a clue?

End of the day, if we're winning games people will go mate. Look at us vs Charlton 14/15, over 26,000 there that day.

If Mick goes, sure, the gates will fly up to start with. Then if results are crap, many will leave.......
[Post edited 25 Feb 2018 18:23]

But those WBA fans would probably argue that whilst they may be in a better position had Pulis stayed, for what? Another season of dull, uninspiring football just targeting 40 points...I think most of them had got to the point where they were happy to take the gamble, much like Mick here

Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:58 - Feb 25 with 3983 viewsjas0999

I won’t be renewing either. By doing so I feel I’ll be sending a message to Evans that all is good. It’s not. The relationship between manager and fans is at an all time low. If the so call actual attendance Wednesday is accurate then Evans ought to wake up. Will he? Doubt it.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 19:49 - Feb 25 with 3921 viewsCurrie10

Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:32 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But those WBA fans would probably argue that whilst they may be in a better position had Pulis stayed, for what? Another season of dull, uninspiring football just targeting 40 points...I think most of them had got to the point where they were happy to take the gamble, much like Mick here

Being in the top tier,,,
maybe beating Man Utd / Chelsea at home.......
not playing teams like Burton this season.....
having some very decent players on their books.....

Surely you'd rather be in the prem every single season under Pulis, than trying to win the lottery and get out of the championship?

When are people going to realise football isn't snowboarding, you don't get points for triangle football etc...

It's not rugby where you get an extra point for tries.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 3898 viewsWickets

To tell you the truth, and i dont miss many home or away, we play the same way nearly every game,home of away. Even though we switch from 4 at the back to 3 sometimes the emphasis is always we hold what we have got even when its 0-0. Yesterday for once we did get the balance between attack and defence about right . That something we have not really done since the first few games of the season. Imo.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 3892 viewsitfcjoe

The majority of fans still go to games, I'm not sure why everyone so obsessed with attendances.

When Mick was appointed manager, our average attendance in Jewells final season was 18,328 and last year it was 16,981 - so it has dropped less than 1,500 in Mick's 6 years which isn't bad really.

In the 5 seasons previous to that it had dropped from 22,445 to 18,328 so 4,000 fans in less time - Mick hasn't really done that bad all things considered has he?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Great win yesterday.BUT on 20:02 - Feb 25 with 3885 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great win yesterday.BUT on 19:49 - Feb 25 by Currie10

Being in the top tier,,,
maybe beating Man Utd / Chelsea at home.......
not playing teams like Burton this season.....
having some very decent players on their books.....

Surely you'd rather be in the prem every single season under Pulis, than trying to win the lottery and get out of the championship?

When are people going to realise football isn't snowboarding, you don't get points for triangle football etc...

It's not rugby where you get an extra point for tries.

But being in the top tier isn’t the be all and end all if you’re absolutely hating the football you’re watching...

Great win yesterday.BUT on 21:06 - Feb 25 with 3800 viewsWestSussexBlue

Great win yesterday.BUT on 17:17 - Feb 25 by longtimefan

To be in any away end supporting ITFC it’s inevitable you’ll be financing the other club but that’s the way it is. I’ve enjoyed some of the best atmosphere at namely Fulham and Charlton in recent seasons.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 21:19 - Feb 25 with 3770 viewsstantheman

Great win yesterday.BUT on 18:32 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And a gamble is just that. You are more likely to lose at gambling. Just a thought.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 06:45 - Feb 26 with 3639 viewsmelbs_itfc

Great win yesterday.BUT on 19:56 - Feb 25 by Wickets

To tell you the truth, and i dont miss many home or away, we play the same way nearly every game,home of away. Even though we switch from 4 at the back to 3 sometimes the emphasis is always we hold what we have got even when its 0-0. Yesterday for once we did get the balance between attack and defence about right . That something we have not really done since the first few games of the season. Imo.

Not knocking your numbers but can’t help feel mildly amused that for someone asking the question ‘why does everyone seem so obsessed with attendances?’ you sure seem obsessed with attendances!!
Great win yesterday.BUT on 07:52 - Feb 26 with 3566 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great win yesterday.BUT on 21:19 - Feb 25 by stantheman

And a gamble is just that. You are more likely to lose at gambling. Just a thought.

You miss the point aswell

Those WBA may not feel they’ve lost the gamble, even if they go down. Similarly those Town fans who have long had enough of Micks football won’t see it as a gamble, as if they’re not enjoying what they’re watching then it can’t get much worse for them

Great win yesterday.BUT on 07:54 - Feb 26 with 3565 viewsCurrie10

Great win yesterday.BUT on 20:02 - Feb 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But being in the top tier isn’t the be all and end all if you’re absolutely hating the football you’re watching...

Give me being in the top tier any day over trying to get out of this league.

Results business first all day long.
Great win yesterday.BUT on 07:58 - Feb 26 with 3560 viewsJimmyJazz

That's your choice - as it is every fans choice

Ipswich Til I Die - don't think that applies to you though. Maybe 'Ipswich Again when I Feel like It' is more appropriate?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Great win yesterday.BUT on 07:59 - Feb 26 with 3554 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great win yesterday.BUT on 07:54 - Feb 26 by Currie10

Give me being in the top tier any day over trying to get out of this league.

Results business first all day long.

You may not feel the same after 7-odd years of finishing 12th, downing tools as soon as you get to 40 points, and playing the flat back 9 against the big boys...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024