Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seem to recall Wolves fans... 19:15 - Mar 15 with 3365 viewsBehindBlueEyes

saying they had a fall-out with MM at the end of his reign. So did a little digging.

Anyone see anything familiar?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/oct/25/mick-mccarthy-wolves-manchester

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:18 - Mar 15 with 3323 viewsfooters

Mick progressed in a cup competition? Whatever next.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:21 - Mar 15 with 3303 viewsPinewoodblue

Things got worse....after Mick was sacked in the February TC was appointed Manager and didn't win a game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:23 - Mar 15 with 3297 viewsITFCBlues

Ended with Wolves being relegated and going into freefall.

Could easily happen here...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:25 - Mar 15 with 3298 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a carbon copy isn't it.

I'll give Phil £100 if he stands up at the next press conference and reads that out.

For an extra £100 he should do an Alan Partridge type "Not my words Carol, these are from Top Gear magazine"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:32 - Mar 15 with 3257 viewsSwansea_Blue

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:21 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

Things got worse....after Mick was sacked in the February TC was appointed Manager and didn't win a game.

They had a cracking game at the swans though. I think Swans went about 3 nil up and Wolves came back at 3-3 by half time. Ended 4-4. It might have even been 4-4 by HT, can’t remember. So those saying TC would be negative....

There clearly are parallels in terms of the mood. The Wolves fans were a bunch of unrealistic and self-entitled pr1cks given they were in the PL. They got what they deserved. I don’t think we’re that bad, but maybe we are given the budget? Who knows and not my place to judge.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:35 - Mar 15 with 3250 viewsLord_Lucan

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:32 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

They had a cracking game at the swans though. I think Swans went about 3 nil up and Wolves came back at 3-3 by half time. Ended 4-4. It might have even been 4-4 by HT, can’t remember. So those saying TC would be negative....

There clearly are parallels in terms of the mood. The Wolves fans were a bunch of unrealistic and self-entitled pr1cks given they were in the PL. They got what they deserved. I don’t think we’re that bad, but maybe we are given the budget? Who knows and not my place to judge.

I remember a Wolves fan coming on here after we had appointed MMC and he said something like "Mick will make you proud of your club again but it will end poorly"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 20:40 - Mar 15 with 3057 viewsPlums

It illustrates very clearly that he doesn’t learn. A Wolves fan I know told me 18 months ago that we were experiencing the end of the cycle.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 20:52 - Mar 15 with 3022 viewsfactual_blue

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:35 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

I remember a Wolves fan coming on here after we had appointed MMC and he said something like "Mick will make you proud of your club again but it will end poorly"

The Wolves fans I know are pretty much split 50-50 over him. One I know still more or less worships the ground he walks on; another can barely stand to hear his name mentioned.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 22:05 - Mar 15 with 2846 viewsRadlett_blue

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:35 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

The gist I got from Wolves fans was that Mick did an excellent job when in tier 2, playing attacking football with decent wide players. However, after they went up, he squandered most of their money on some very poor signings, ended up picking his old favourites regardless of form & set the team up defensively in almost every game. The latter was the main reason that they turned against him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 22:15 - Mar 15 with 2827 viewsRyorry

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 22:05 - Mar 15 by Radlett_blue

The gist I got from Wolves fans was that Mick did an excellent job when in tier 2, playing attacking football with decent wide players. However, after they went up, he squandered most of their money on some very poor signings, ended up picking his old favourites regardless of form & set the team up defensively in almost every game. The latter was the main reason that they turned against him.

" ... playing attacking football with decent wide players"

Must have been talking about a different Mick then

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 22:31 - Mar 15 with 2761 viewsRadlett_blue

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 22:15 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

" ... playing attacking football with decent wide players"

Must have been talking about a different Mick then

They had good wide players, principally Michael Kightly & Matt Jarvis.
Interestingly, Wolves started that 2008-09 season like a house on fire, scoring plenty of goals, but then had a poor spell & won the league by grinding out the season with a large number of 1-0 wins.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 14:13 - Mar 16 with 2379 viewsLord_Lucan

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 19:25 - Mar 15 by Lord_Lucan

It's a carbon copy isn't it.

I'll give Phil £100 if he stands up at the next press conference and reads that out.

For an extra £100 he should do an Alan Partridge type "Not my words Carol, these are from Top Gear magazine"

Oi Phil, now that you are about.

Are you up for this? You have to do the Partridge bit though.

Money goes to the transfer budget.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2018 14:18]

I seem to recall Wolves fans... on 17:24 - Mar 16 with 2213 viewstextbackup

Clearly shows the bloke just does the same things over and over. People thinking money would NOW make any difference are made

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024