Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent 08:42 - Mar 20 with 4866 viewscarsey

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/emmanuel-could-be-loaned-out-again-next-seaso

So we have a good young right back at the club and what does McCarthy do? Sends him out on loan and gets in a replacement not good enough for another Championship team. The same right back is having a good run in a winning team so when asked about his prospects totally dismisses him. Great management - not!!
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 08:45 - Mar 20 with 4840 viewsSomethingBlue

Struggling to see what is wrong with the actual words he speaks. I'm sure you can pick it apart though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 08:47 - Mar 20 with 4826 viewssolemio

I think you may need a course in comprehension skills. Read what MM is reported to have said.
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 08:51 - Mar 20 with 4806 viewsStirlingArcher

This highlights the "not reading things fully" and "taking things out of context" that a shockingly large amount of our fans have been doing with anything MM related
Typical McCarthy - Wants to look at a player during pre-season on 09:37 - Mar 20 with 4696 viewsmo_itfc

I've just read this and I think the subject needs to be amended.

Typical McCarthy - Wants to look at a player during pre-season.

Basically, he has to prove he is better than Spence and better than any other RB would might bring in.
On the other side of the coin.
Spence will have to prove he is better than Emmanuel.
Any other RB we bring in has to be better than Emmanuel.

This is fair and is expected of a manager.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Typical Carsey - looking for something to get upset about in.. on 09:53 - Mar 20 with 4666 viewsBlueBadger

...an innocuous press statement.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:03 - Mar 20 with 4644 viewsJ2BLUE

This is one of those slow news days something out of nothing stories.

He could come back and play. If he doesn't he might go out on loan. Groundbreaking stuff.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:06 - Mar 20 with 4631 viewsPhilTWTD

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:03 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

He could come back and play. If he doesn't he might go out on loan. Groundbreaking stuff.

It was me asked Mick about JE a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I put the hex on them by doing so as they lost their next two matches having won seven in a row.

McCarthy Will Take a View on Emmanuel in Summer 9th Mar 2018 17:29
Town boss Mick McCarthy says he’ll take a view on Josh Emmanuel's future in the summer with the 20-year-old on-loan right-back currently part of a Rotherham side in terrific form. 23

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:06 - Mar 20 with 4624 viewsPJH

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:03 - Mar 20 by J2BLUE

It also seems to be recycling quotes from a few weeks ago as does the Chambo bit about McG.
Login to get fewer ads

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:10 - Mar 20 with 4610 viewsParisBlue

What I don't understand is why clubs keep players contracted only to loan them out before releasing them.

Crystal Palace gave Jonny Williams a new 2 year contract last summer....can't see him ever playing for them again.

The problem Josh has is Spence will still be here next year and Spence is not good enough, so that forces us to find another RB. I'd be happy to see Josh back at the club and given a chance, especially in a 5-3-2.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:12 - Mar 20 with 4604 viewsJ2BLUE

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:06 - Mar 20 by PJH

It also seems to be recycling quotes from a few weeks ago as does the Chambo bit about McG.

Probably trying to play on the will MM be here or not thing. I'm convinced he won't be now so it won't be MM looking at him anyway.

Truly impaired.

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:14 - Mar 20 with 4598 viewsJ2BLUE

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:10 - Mar 20 by ParisBlue

What I don't understand is why clubs keep players contracted only to loan them out before releasing them.

Crystal Palace gave Jonny Williams a new 2 year contract last summer....can't see him ever playing for them again.

The problem Josh has is Spence will still be here next year and Spence is not good enough, so that forces us to find another RB. I'd be happy to see Josh back at the club and given a chance, especially in a 5-3-2.

Ultra cheap punt for them. Even if he's on 20k a week that's a couple of million over his contract. If he came good he'd get them a decent fee or they'd have a decent player.

Truly impaired.

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:22 - Mar 20 with 4586 viewschristiand

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:10 - Mar 20 by ParisBlue

As a wing back Emmanuel has most of the attributes needed, but is he a good enough defender? All this second guessing about Spence will count for nothing come the summer. If a new manager is appointed everyone will start with a clean slate and will have to go out and impress.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:23 - Mar 20 with 4579 viewsRobTheMonk

How's Irish Neymar's injury coming along?
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:25 - Mar 20 with 4573 viewsPhilTWTD

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:23 - Mar 20 by RobTheMonk

How's Irish Neymar's injury coming along?

Cotter played for the U23s on Friday but not last night.
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 11:24 - Mar 20 with 4478 viewsbluehook

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 10:25 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

Cotter played for the U23s on Friday but not last night.

Injured again no doubt?
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 12:57 - Mar 20 with 4375 viewsmadmouse1959

Why is McCarthy speculating about next season anyway ? What Josh Emmanuel may or may not do. Under a new manager i would like to see Josh groomed as a central defender alongside Webster and the head-hunt put in place for a very good right back as a main priority.

shampoo dave

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 13:19 - Mar 20 with 4322 viewslongtimefan

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 12:57 - Mar 20 by madmouse1959

Why is McCarthy speculating about next season anyway ? What Josh Emmanuel may or may not do. Under a new manager i would like to see Josh groomed as a central defender alongside Webster and the head-hunt put in place for a very good right back as a main priority.

Do you think we’ll get a very good right back for free - cause that’s the price range we’re looking at?
Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 13:19 - Mar 20 with 4319 viewsSomethingBlue

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 12:57 - Mar 20 by madmouse1959

Because somebody asked him a question about what Josh Emmanuel may or may not do. You'll get the hang of this!

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 13:42 - Mar 20 with 4261 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 08:45 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

Struggling to see what is wrong with the actual words he speaks. I'm sure you can pick it apart though.

What’s wrong with them? Mick McCarthy said them

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 14:13 - Mar 20 with 4205 viewssotd78

The thing is we've seen Emmanuel, Spence and Iorfa and of the three it seems obvious to me that Josh Emmanuel is as good if not better than the others. So why oh why are we not prepared to play him in our own team? Unless we actually do go and get someone much better then it just seems to me that we'll forever be a bang-average team in a bang average league. At least playing our own youngsters would be a tad more interesting.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 14:14 - Mar 20 with 4203 viewsSomethingBlue

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 14:13 - Mar 20 by sotd78

The thing is we've seen Emmanuel, Spence and Iorfa and of the three it seems obvious to me that Josh Emmanuel is as good if not better than the others. So why oh why are we not prepared to play him in our own team? Unless we actually do go and get someone much better then it just seems to me that we'll forever be a bang-average team in a bang average league. At least playing our own youngsters would be a tad more interesting.

It's in the eye of the beholder isn't it — because it seems obvious to me that he isn't. Let's hope the loan has improved him and then, as Mick rightly says, we can take stock upon his return.

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 14:22 - Mar 20 with 4192 viewsITFC_Forever

Typical McCarthy - Dismissive of young Town Talent on 14:14 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

It's in the eye of the beholder isn't it — because it seems obvious to me that he isn't. Let's hope the loan has improved him and then, as Mick rightly says, we can take stock upon his return.

You might like to read the "What sort of player were you" thread....

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024