Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table based on this season's spending.... 22:33 - Mar 21 with 10052 viewsBloots

.....compared to actual current positions:

1. Boro £55.5M (Actual 6, minus 5 places)
2. Leeds £28.5M (14, -12)
3. Wolves £24.5M (1, +2)
4. Fulham £22M (4, 0)
5. Hull £20M (18, -13)
6. Birmingham £17.5M (22, -16)
7. Sheff Weds £15M (17, -10)
8. Scum £15M (13, -5)
9. Reading £14.5M (20, -11)
10. Bristol £13.5M (7, +3)
11. Cardiff £12.5M (2, +9)
12. Derby £12M (5, +7)
13. Nottingham £6.5M (16, +3)
14. Barnsley £6.5M (21, -7)
15. Brentford £6M (11, +4)
16. Sheff U £5.5M (9, +7)
17. Ipswich £3.5M (12 +5)
18. Villa £3M (4, +14)
19. PNE £2M (8, +11)
20. Sunderland £1.5M (24, -4)
21. QPR £0.5M (15, +6)
22. Millwall £0.5M (10, +12)
23. Burton £0.5M (23, 0)
24. Bolton £0M (19, +5)

Over performers, Villa, Millwall, Preston and Cardiff

Under performers, Birmingham, Hull, Leeds and Reading.

I don't trust all the figures (ours is too high for a start) but on the basis that they all come from the same source they should be correct relatively.

It doesn't take into account incoming fees, but still shows the relative spending power of the clubs.

Highlights the gulf between the top and bottom halves of the spending league.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 22:39]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:35 - Mar 22 with 1890 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League table based on this season's spending.... on 10:01 - Mar 22 by chicoazul

Why would you come to that conclusion?? What that table shows is that having a budget is secondary, hugely, to having a good Manager. It's no coincidence that half the top 6 atm is Warnock Bruce and Pulis.

No, what that shows is taking one seasons transfer fees in isolation is a pretty rubbish measure - especially when the numbers themselves are dubious

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:36 - Mar 22 with 1890 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:24 - Mar 22 by Keaneish

What??? You mean there are other managers out there who can make teams successful in the league regardless of their budget? Not possible according to some.

Ah that old chestnut, despite the fact that pretty much no-one has argued anything of the sort

Heard back from your accountant yet?

Depends what you mean by successful..... on 13:38 - Mar 22 with 1889 viewsBloots

League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:24 - Mar 22 by Keaneish

What??? You mean there are other managers out there who can make teams successful in the league regardless of their budget? Not possible according to some.

.....apart from Villa, who we all accept have spent hugely recently, then the top 7 have all spent over £12m this season.

So you could just say that unless you spend that amount you won't get in the play offs.

Stats can be used to prove anything.

9/10 tossers know that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

League table based on this season's spending.... on 18:22 - Mar 22 with 1845 viewsbrightlingseabee

League table based on this season's spending.... on 22:39 - Mar 21 by mos

It is interesting, and you can pretty much draw to the conclusion that spending money on a football club will put you higher up the table, although that’s not to say a cheaper, less funded team can sneak into the playoffs.

Also, Aston Villa have spent lots of money the past 2 seasons, they may have not spent much this season, but spent crazy amounts on Hogan, McCormack and Kodjia. Which is worth considering in this table.

Villa spending less than Brentford? I don't think so, there wage bill alone is over £50mil a year ours is £10mil
League table based on this season's spending.... on 19:33 - Mar 22 with 1812 viewsKeaneish

League table based on this season's spending.... on 13:36 - Mar 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ah that old chestnut, despite the fact that pretty much no-one has argued anything of the sort

Heard back from your accountant yet?

"no-one has argued anything of the sort..." - i must have been on another forum for the last 2 years then.

Re: the accountant.

I don't remember having that conversation with you, or in fact any other conversation so what i assume is a jibe is a little bizarre but to answer your question, no, i have a new accountant now as i need a more dedicated service given my business needs have changed.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Depends what you mean by successful..... on 19:44 - Mar 22 with 1807 viewsKeaneish

Depends what you mean by successful..... on 13:38 - Mar 22 by Bloots

.....apart from Villa, who we all accept have spent hugely recently, then the top 7 have all spent over £12m this season.

So you could just say that unless you spend that amount you won't get in the play offs.

9/10 tossers know that.

OJ Simpson, who is a big TWTD forum reader, may will likely have a wry smile at your penultimate line.

League table based on this season's spending.... on 19:53 - Mar 22 with 1801 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League table based on this season's spending.... on 19:33 - Mar 22 by Keaneish

"no-one has argued anything of the sort..." - i must have been on another forum for the last 2 years then.

Re: the accountant.

I don't remember having that conversation with you, or in fact any other conversation so what i assume is a jibe is a little bizarre but to answer your question, no, i have a new accountant now as i need a more dedicated service given my business needs have changed.

Or you’ve just failed to grasp what people have actually posted and jumped to conclusions. What most people have quite reasonably pointed out is that Mick is outperforming where Ipswich probably should be based on our budget, and that there is a likelihood therefore than any replacement will struggle to do aswell. I’ve seen very few people claiming that no-one could do such a job - and those that do can safely be ignored in the same way those that froth at the mouth at anything McCarthy says can

Re the accountant - you’ve posted in several threads lately that Evans actually makes money from Ipswich as he uses us to avoid tax. Apparently your accountant would confirm how. Just wondered how the conversation was going?

League table based on this season's spending.... on 20:00 - Mar 22 with 1798 viewsTrequartista

Steve Bruce totally outperforming McCarthy then?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

League table based on this season's spending.... on 20:49 - Mar 22 with 1785 viewsKeaneish

League table based on this season's spending.... on 19:53 - Mar 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Or you’ve just failed to grasp what people have actually posted and jumped to conclusions. What most people have quite reasonably pointed out is that Mick is outperforming where Ipswich probably should be based on our budget, and that there is a likelihood therefore than any replacement will struggle to do aswell. I’ve seen very few people claiming that no-one could do such a job - and those that do can safely be ignored in the same way those that froth at the mouth at anything McCarthy says can

Re the accountant - you’ve posted in several threads lately that Evans actually makes money from Ipswich as he uses us to avoid tax. Apparently your accountant would confirm how. Just wondered how the conversation was going?

That's an interesting insight into how facile this forum has become, the "...and those that do can safely be ignored in the same way those that froth at the mouth at anything McCarthy says can". Safe and sterile, very emblematic of what this club has become.

That's not a criticism, just an observation. Those that offer a wider argument no matter how off the spectrum it may be, are continually shot down by a tight knit core who believe in true supporter values only they are deemed fit to define. There is a modicum of truth to this statement, whichever side of the growing divide we're on.

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:54 - Mar 23 with 1733 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League table based on this season's spending.... on 20:49 - Mar 22 by Keaneish

That's an interesting insight into how facile this forum has become, the "...and those that do can safely be ignored in the same way those that froth at the mouth at anything McCarthy says can". Safe and sterile, very emblematic of what this club has become.

That's not a criticism, just an observation. Those that offer a wider argument no matter how off the spectrum it may be, are continually shot down by a tight knit core who believe in true supporter values only they are deemed fit to define. There is a modicum of truth to this statement, whichever side of the growing divide we're on.

Not really sure what that’s all about. Would have thought it was obvious that there are some people with extreme views on both sides, that cannot see any good/bad in anything that Mick does. Therefore in my view their opinions don’t hold much value - but obviously you or others are entitled to disagree

No different to any other subject matter really - be it Brexit, veganism or the correct way to cook an egg

League table based on this season's spending.... on 08:32 - Mar 23 with 1720 viewsmos

League table based on this season's spending.... on 10:01 - Mar 22 by chicoazul

Why would you come to that conclusion?? What that table shows is that having a budget is secondary, hugely, to having a good Manager. It's no coincidence that half the top 6 atm is Warnock Bruce and Pulis.

Ok.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Depends what you mean by successful..... on 09:00 - Mar 23 with 1712 viewsFreddies_Ears

Depends what you mean by successful..... on 13:38 - Mar 22 by Bloots

9/10 tossers know that.

Villa, where John Terry is on well over 100k a week...
League table based on this season's spending.... on 11:08 - Mar 23 with 1696 viewsKeaneish

League table based on this season's spending.... on 07:54 - Mar 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really sure what that’s all about. Would have thought it was obvious that there are some people with extreme views on both sides, that cannot see any good/bad in anything that Mick does. Therefore in my view their opinions don’t hold much value - but obviously you or others are entitled to disagree

No different to any other subject matter really - be it Brexit, veganism or the correct way to cook an egg

It was just an observation about how this forum has panned out in the last 12 months.Even relatively liberal views toward Mick are now being termed as extreme. I think we can all agree on one thing though, no Town manager has ever divided opinion as much.

Anyway, the sun is out, the Panini sticker book came out yesterday, the World Cup is around the corner and August will soon be here hopefully with a new era beckoning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024