Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your hunch for our next manager 10:07 - May 2 with 13796 viewsbontcho

For some reason I think Scott Parker.

(Strikes me as an Ipswich manager)

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:28 - May 2 with 2082 viewsSuperfrans

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:00 - May 2 by Vic

Can’t be him as he’s only coached under 18’s remember, and that doesn’t count.

Actually, having looked back at his career on wicki I agree with you - he sounds as if he’d be just our sort of manager. Reminds me of both SAR and SBR when they started at town. Unfussy, unspectacular but solid, reliable and very influencial in an unnoticed sort of way. If he’s that sort of manager I’d be very happy with him.

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’s the best of the celebrity options imho.

I don’t think Mowbray is now likely to be an option, all things considered. Ditto Paul Hurst, given we’ll have to wait so long for him. And if Warburton was an option, we’d have appointed him by now.

So, I’m going for Nathan Jones. Who would be exciting.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:28 - May 2 with 2082 viewssuffolkpoker

Jam stamp < lump on!

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:38 - May 2 with 2065 viewsKieran_Knows

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:28 - May 2 by Superfrans

He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’s the best of the celebrity options imho.

I don’t think Mowbray is now likely to be an option, all things considered. Ditto Paul Hurst, given we’ll have to wait so long for him. And if Warburton was an option, we’d have appointed him by now.

As I keep saying, we won’t pay what Luton want for Nathan Jones. They inserted a fairly hefty release clause in his recent new 4 year deal which Evans won’t pay.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:46 - May 2 with 2045 viewsSuperfrans

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:38 - May 2 by Kieran_Knows

As I keep saying, we won’t pay what Luton want for Nathan Jones. They inserted a fairly hefty release clause in his recent new 4 year deal which Evans won’t pay.

As I keep saying, I can’t imagine what they would demand that we wouldn’t pay.

We appoint our managers for 2-3 years minimum. Even if it’s £500k required (which I can’t imagine Luton could demand) that’s £150/£200k pa carols a contract - and we could easily be paying someone like Nathan Jones that amount less than we were paying Mick.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Your hunch for our next manager on 02:31 - May 3 with 1974 viewsharlingblue

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:31 - May 2 by itfcjoe

I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Parker - think there is a growing bond between us and Spurs and he fits into that.

Joe you seem to have a good insight of whats going on within the club.
What role does Parker have at Spurs?
With Brian Klug in charge of The Academy a link with Spurs could be good.
We could become a 'feeder club' for a few years? until the time was right for us to again grace the major stage? I await Mullets reply!
Your hunch for our next manager on 03:06 - May 3 with 1964 viewstextbackup

Parker was told to me by a mate about a month back now, straight from Playford road, he'll be interviewed. so guess its who he does in that.
and as Maccy says, google his name and sounds as tho he can hold his own in a changing room.
my favourite scott parker moment is this tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Your hunch for our next manager on 07:11 - May 3 with 1916 viewsKieran_Knows

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:46 - May 2 by Superfrans

As I keep saying, I can’t imagine what they would demand that we wouldn’t pay.

We appoint our managers for 2-3 years minimum. Even if it’s £500k required (which I can’t imagine Luton could demand) that’s £150/£200k pa carols a contract - and we could easily be paying someone like Nathan Jones that amount less than we were paying Mick.

Ill happily eat humble pie if we appoint him, but I seriously doubt we will be.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Your hunch for our next manager on 07:58 - May 3 with 1865 viewstractorboy1978

Your hunch for our next manager on 22:28 - May 2 by Superfrans

Evans said himself it will likely be late May/early June so that doesn't rule anyone out currently in the play off chase.

I still think there is legs left in Mowbray - the fact he is going out to India (supposedly) so swiftly after the season finishing suggests to me he wants some reassurances.
Login to get fewer ads

Your hunch for our next manager on 08:00 - May 3 with 1862 viewswkj

John Gregory - Def info

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Your hunch for our next manager on 10:36 - May 3 with 1802 viewstractorshark

I agree with those who say our next manager is currently in work.
Surely if they were out of a job or a maverick appointment like Lampard or Parker, we’d do it now or certainly in a week or so.
It would be foolish to hang on for a month just so we can ponder over Hurst etc.
There’s no guarantee he will come if Shrewsbury go up and, in the meantime, other candidates may be snapped up.
Of course, it is Marcus Evans...
My feeling is it is Hurst but Jones/Cook/Cowley were also high on that list until compensation and new contracts got in the way.
Your hunch for our next manager on 10:37 - May 3 with 1800 viewshype313

Your hunch for our next manager on 08:00 - May 3 by wkj

John Gregory - Def info

Christ, forgot about him. Might put him down on Spruceys amnesty thread.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Your hunch for our next manager on 12:33 - May 3 with 1745 viewsHennikerBlu

Your hunch for our next manager on 03:06 - May 3 by textbackup

Parker was told to me by a mate about a month back now, straight from Playford road, he'll be interviewed. so guess its who he does in that.
and as Maccy says, google his name and sounds as tho he can hold his own in a changing room.
my favourite scott parker moment is this tho

Scott Parker would be an interesting choice. Quality player, I think it would be with a 'name' DofF to deal with the press and other club aspects. ME certainly alluded to trying something new, which for me, suggests a different structure as opposed to simply a new manager.

Whoever is chosen will please some and not others; and all possible options come with risks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024