Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... 09:12 - May 6 with 3060 viewsSomethingBlue

... which would be good. Could be the first of quite a few at our level.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 09:29 - May 6 with 2967 viewsPinewoodblue

Amazing when you consider you have to lose £39m over three years.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 10:57 - May 6 with 2762 viewsHarryfromBath

They brought Harry Redknapp in to save their season 12 months ago. I remember listening to him being interviewed on Radio FiveLive as I drove home from our Nottingham Forest game and being asked whether he might stay on.

Their poorly planned pre-season screwed them. They bought 13 players over the window but keeper David Stockdale and centre-back Marc Roberts were the only new faces to actually arrive in July before the competitive football started.

After their poor start to the season, they went on a panicked late-August trolley dash (shopping heavily at Brentford) and no fewer than six players debuted in their early September defeat at Norwich. Redknapp left the club soon after. It was too much, too late.

It was almost as if the owners said "hold my beer" when they were asked if they could be even more incompetent after previously bringing in Gianfranco Zola last season. City may well survive today, but I have always fundamentally believed that owners relegate clubs and this one has the hallmarks of a classic case study.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 11:06 - May 6 with 2723 viewsMullet

Looking at QPR, Bournemouth, Derby et al. forgive me if I don't hold my breath. Teams like us should be due heavy compensation e.g. the fines etc to make up for the years of systematic failure. But this is a league where parachute payments ruin it a little bit more each year.

I wonder how Arry sleeps at night. Like a baby is my guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 11:06 - May 6 with 2715 viewsbournemouthblue

If Brum are getting nobbled, I dread to think what the likes of Derby and Wednesday are going to get hit for

Wolves will presumably get a decent fine in the Prem, much as little Bournemouth did
[Post edited 6 May 2018 11:07]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 11:08 - May 6 with 2701 viewsLord_Lucan

If they get stamped on I will feel sorry for them considering others have got away with it. Unfortunately Birmingham are just the sort of club The FA will come down on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 11:14 - May 6 with 2669 viewsHennikerBlu

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 10:57 - May 6 by HarryfromBath

They brought Harry Redknapp in to save their season 12 months ago. I remember listening to him being interviewed on Radio FiveLive as I drove home from our Nottingham Forest game and being asked whether he might stay on.

Their poorly planned pre-season screwed them. They bought 13 players over the window but keeper David Stockdale and centre-back Marc Roberts were the only new faces to actually arrive in July before the competitive football started.

After their poor start to the season, they went on a panicked late-August trolley dash (shopping heavily at Brentford) and no fewer than six players debuted in their early September defeat at Norwich. Redknapp left the club soon after. It was too much, too late.

It was almost as if the owners said "hold my beer" when they were asked if they could be even more incompetent after previously bringing in Gianfranco Zola last season. City may well survive today, but I have always fundamentally believed that owners relegate clubs and this one has the hallmarks of a classic case study.

I agree with the owners being the key to putting in the right structure and picking a good manager. Similar elements to what has gone wrong at Sunderland.

In fairness, its not unlike what ME did here for a bit, before realising a 'name in the game' and a pot of money does not bring success and then having to bring MM to stabilise the ship. I do feel those names (managers) have to take some responsibility for their decisions, they are big enough and experienced enough to know better. Perhaps their ego gets in the way. Redknapp of course should not be touched after what happened at Portsmouth.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 11:20]
Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 12:09 - May 6 with 2534 viewsbournemouthblue

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 11:14 - May 6 by HennikerBlu

I agree with the owners being the key to putting in the right structure and picking a good manager. Similar elements to what has gone wrong at Sunderland.

In fairness, its not unlike what ME did here for a bit, before realising a 'name in the game' and a pot of money does not bring success and then having to bring MM to stabilise the ship. I do feel those names (managers) have to take some responsibility for their decisions, they are big enough and experienced enough to know better. Perhaps their ego gets in the way. Redknapp of course should not be touched after what happened at Portsmouth.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 11:20]

Constant chopping and changing and just going for someone who did well with a totally different brand of football of a totally different budget is always naive

Whatever people think of MM, he gets the fundamental basics right and has left us in a decent position to inherit unlike Keane and Jewell

Whoever comes in has a platform to build from rather than a total rebuild

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 12:11 - May 6 with 2531 viewsTrequartista

QPR still haven't been paid their fine for 2013-14. What a joke.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 12:32 - May 6 with 2470 viewsBent_double

What's happened? Can't find any new news about them.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 14:40 - May 6 with 2296 viewsmo_itfc

Birmingham getting nobbled for FFP by the sounds of it .... on 12:11 - May 6 by Trequartista

QPR still haven't been paid their fine for 2013-14. What a joke.

FFP is a total joke... no teeth, clubs just get away with it wear after year.
Except Forrest, they were given a trade embargo I think.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024