Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro last night 12:55 - May 16 with 3882 viewsJ2BLUE

1-0 down after the first leg in a promotion play off and they don't manage a single shot on target. Apparently Pulis said we don't need to score two, we only need to score one in the press conference before the game.

I can see why some of these managers (including MM) aren't welcomed by the fans. For a professional side not to have a single effort on target in 90 minute really amazes me. Villa might have defended well but take a few shots from distance. Who knows what could happen with a deflection or a decent strike.

I wonder how the Boro fans feel.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boro last night on 12:58 - May 16 with 3857 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What was his thinking behind scoring one?

He wanted extra time and pens?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boro last night on 12:59 - May 16 with 3851 viewswkj

I would have been furious as a Boro fan last night, even for the king of boring football, Pulis that was an embarrassment of a performance for the biggest game of their season. Even as a neutral I found that match infuriating so I can only imagine their fans felt extremely ripped off.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boro last night on 13:00 - May 16 with 3838 viewsJ2BLUE

Boro last night on 12:58 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

One would be enough to take it to penalties if they didn't concede. This came via the commentator so hard to know the context. Might have just been responding to a question that they needed to score two. Even so...no shots on target. Amazing stat.

Truly impaired.

Boro last night on 13:00 - May 16 with 3835 viewsitfcjoe

And yet they hit the bar with 2 minutes left - if that was 6 inches lower he would think his gameplan was right and it would be hard to argue.

And that puts aside the fact keeper should have been sent off.

If you lose your home tie in play off, most managers would take a penalty shoot out at end of second leg, just some are more upfront and honest with that pragmatism and set up to get there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boro last night on 13:02 - May 16 with 3812 viewsBluebell

Boro last night on 12:58 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I actually think he wanted to lose so they could play us again...................

especially as we all sang to the Boro players "see you next year".
Boro last night on 13:02 - May 16 with 3806 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Boro last night on 13:00 - May 16 by itfcjoe

And yet they hit the bar with 2 minutes left - if that was 6 inches lower he would think his gameplan was right and it would be hard to argue.

If you lose your home tie in play off, most managers would take a penalty shoot out at end of second leg, just some are more upfront and honest with that pragmatism and set up to get there.

Thats probably why most of those who lose the home leg dont progress to the final. Need to be braver.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boro last night on 13:03 - May 16 with 3805 viewsJ2BLUE

I would call that getting lucky rather than an effective gameplan when they hadn't had a shot before that.

Truly impaired.

Boro last night on 13:03 - May 16 with 3799 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Boro last night on 13:00 - May 16 by J2BLUE

One would be enough to take it to penalties if they didn't concede. This came via the commentator so hard to know the context. Might have just been responding to a question that they needed to score two. Even so...no shots on target. Amazing stat.

Very poor.

Login to get fewer ads

Boro last night on 13:03 - May 16 with 3797 viewstextbackup

the likes of him and the others you mention should be held in cages in the skysports studio, rolled out for the midweek panel on the soccer specials, then put back in cages.

id guess some boro fans will be angry, some upset, some content, some will wish others were careful what they wish for

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Boro last night on 13:04 - May 16 with 3782 viewsJ2BLUE

Boro last night on 13:03 - May 16 by textbackup

the likes of him and the others you mention should be held in cages in the skysports studio, rolled out for the midweek panel on the soccer specials, then put back in cages.

id guess some boro fans will be angry, some upset, some content, some will wish others were careful what they wish for

Some will be like an excitement camel using the memories of that semi final to be content for the next decade

Truly impaired.

Boro last night on 13:07 - May 16 with 3755 viewsTJS

Boro fans need to be careful what they wish for as everyone is so fond of telling us.
Boro last night on 13:07 - May 16 with 3754 viewsitfcjoe

Boro last night on 13:03 - May 16 by J2BLUE

I would call that getting lucky rather than an effective gameplan when they hadn't had a shot before that.

Game is played over 90 minutes though, we've won games late under Mick and that means he's got it right even if we've had limited chances in the game

Boro last night on 13:07 - May 16 with 3753 viewstextbackup

Boro last night on 13:02 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Thats probably why most of those who lose the home leg dont progress to the final. Need to be braver.

im pretty sure no team has ever lost the 1st leg at home and over turned that. sure sky mentioned that lastnight

Boro last night on 13:09 - May 16 with 3737 viewsTJS

Tony Pulis is doing a great job !
They should be grateful he is their manager
etc. etc. etc.
Boro last night on 13:12 - May 16 with 3712 viewsm14_blue

Boro last night on 12:59 - May 16 by wkj

I would have been furious as a Boro fan last night, even for the king of boring football, Pulis that was an embarrassment of a performance for the biggest game of their season. Even as a neutral I found that match infuriating so I can only imagine their fans felt extremely ripped off.

Didn't feel like a play off really, incredibly tame way to bow out.

At least when we lost at Nodge we gave it absolutely everything. I was proud of our team that day, doubt many Boro fans feel that way.
Boro last night on 13:15 - May 16 with 3692 viewstextbackup

Boro last night on 13:07 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Game is played over 90 minutes though, we've won games late under Mick and that means he's got it right even if we've had limited chances in the game

I feel sick thinking about it.
like thinking back to nailing a wrong'un on a boys holiday

Boro last night on 13:16 - May 16 with 3678 viewsitfcjoe

Boro last night on 13:15 - May 16 by textbackup

Both are good banter

Boro last night on 13:19 - May 16 with 3649 viewstextbackup

Boro last night on 13:16 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Both are good banter

bet Mick didn't have spotty legs tho

Boro last night on 13:21 - May 16 with 3635 viewsBlue_Armee

Boro were awful but to be fair they did have a shot on target but the keeper handled outside the area, it looked on target to me anyway.

Can feel a little hard done by for that incident, def red card.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Boro last night on 13:32 - May 16 with 3590 viewsm14_blue

Boro last night on 13:21 - May 16 by Blue_Armee

Boro were awful but to be fair they did have a shot on target but the keeper handled outside the area, it looked on target to me anyway.

Can feel a little hard done by for that incident, def red card.

Definite red.

Although probably wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome. Boro hit the bar with the resulting free kick but didn't have anything approaching a chance after that.
Boro last night on 13:43 - May 16 with 3548 viewsDanFord

Boro last night on 13:07 - May 16 by textbackup

im pretty sure no team has ever lost the 1st leg at home and over turned that. sure sky mentioned that lastnight

They mentioned during the Fulham game that there had only ever been one team to win the first leg and lose the second. That was us against West Ham when Bent got the winner in a 1-0 and we then lost 2-0 there. Westlake nearly won it for us on away goals late on. So now it's only us and Derby that have lost after leading the first leg and both wins came at home, so you are right as nobody has ever won the away leg and then had it overturned, only two teams who won the first leg but were overturned.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Boro last night on 14:11 - May 16 with 3481 viewsBlueBadger

Boro last night on 13:15 - May 16 by textbackup

Something you actually enjoyed but are too feeble to resist peer pressure and admit to doing so?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boro last night on 14:20 - May 16 with 3451 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Boro last night on 13:02 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not really a surprise as the higher placed team plays away first

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Boro last night on 14:22 - May 16 with 3444 viewstextbackup

Boro last night on 13:43 - May 16 by DanFord

They mentioned during the Fulham game that there had only ever been one team to win the first leg and lose the second. That was us against West Ham when Bent got the winner in a 1-0 and we then lost 2-0 there. Westlake nearly won it for us on away goals late on. So now it's only us and Derby that have lost after leading the first leg and both wins came at home, so you are right as nobody has ever won the away leg and then had it overturned, only two teams who won the first leg but were overturned.

away goals didn't count then, his goal (had it gone in) would have taken tie to ET

Boro last night on 15:27 - May 16 with 3344 viewsSamWhiteUK

Boro last night on 12:59 - May 16 by wkj

They were just as bad against Norwich a few years back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024