Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now I don't have anything against the Queen 11:49 - May 19 with 7985 viewstractordownsouth

But it's funny how often the people moaning about " elites" and immigrant families sponging off the state are the same ones who love the royal family
[Post edited 19 May 2018 12:11]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 11:53 - May 19 with 4458 viewsJ2BLUE

One thing that baffles me is that we live in an age of everyone is equal (quite rightfully) and then we have the royal family. Markle is going to be 'Her Royal Highness'. Highness. It just amazes me.

If you are pro monarchy, you do not think everyone is equal. That is fact.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:07 - May 19 with 4406 viewsRyorry

Yet often they aren't the "same ones"

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:08 - May 19 with 4401 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 11:53 - May 19 by J2BLUE

One thing that baffles me is that we live in an age of everyone is equal (quite rightfully) and then we have the royal family. Markle is going to be 'Her Royal Highness'. Highness. It just amazes me.

Sorry J but that's nonsense (edit - I mean your last para).
[Post edited 19 May 2018 12:08]

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:10 - May 19 with 4379 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:08 - May 19 by Ryorry

Sorry J but that's nonsense (edit - I mean your last para).
[Post edited 19 May 2018 12:08]

It's self evidenced.

Truly impaired.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:16 - May 19 with 4349 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:10 - May 19 by J2BLUE

It's self evidenced.

No, they're doing a job, same as, e.g., Presidents are doing a job which they're paid for.

Queen is a better person than me, some others might be "better" than me, I don't know. I'm pretty confident I'm "better" than Beatrice and Eugene tho!

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:17 - May 19 with 4337 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does anyone actually think all people are all equal?

I believe people should all be valued but even then would you put the same value on everyone?

If so, I look forward to the outcry the next time anyone discloses wage disparities or transfer fees.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:17 - May 19 with 4333 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:16 - May 19 by Ryorry

No, they're doing a job, same as, e.g., Presidents are doing a job which they're paid for.

Queen is a better person than me, some others might be "better" than me, I don't know. I'm pretty confident I'm "better" than Beatrice and Eugene tho!

In my opinion that is complete rubbish.

To me it's fairly black and white but I will say that is my opinion and people can certainly disagree.

Truly impaired.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:18 - May 19 with 4326 viewsbuoyant

Better in what respect?

UTT

Login to get fewer ads

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:20 - May 19 with 4314 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:18 - May 19 by buoyant

Better in what respect?

As a human being, with qualities of morality, self-discipline, intelligence etc.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 with 4304 viewsitfcjoe

I just find it sad people can't enjoy an event like this today - this is something the British do very well. The whole world is watching today with envy, not often that happens.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 with 4292 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:17 - May 19 by J2BLUE

In my opinion that is complete rubbish.

To me it's fairly black and white but I will say that is my opinion and people can certainly disagree.

Don't really care what anyone else thinks tbh!

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 with 4290 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:17 - May 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does anyone actually think all people are all equal?

I believe people should all be valued but even then would you put the same value on everyone?

If so, I look forward to the outcry the next time anyone discloses wage disparities or transfer fees.

All born equal. Obviously throughout a life things will shape that life and people become 'unequal'. Babies being born and instantly labelled 'HRH' is amazing in 2018.

Harry doesn't look too happy. I guess he's just emotional and nervous rather than actually unhappy. Probably isn't used to the spotlight in such a focused and intense way.

Truly impaired.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:23 - May 19 with 4276 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 by itfcjoe

I just find it sad people can't enjoy an event like this today - this is something the British do very well. The whole world is watching today with envy, not often that happens.

I've kept off the official thread so you can enjoy it.

I can't just put my principles aside to 'enjoy it'.

Truly impaired.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:26 - May 19 with 4259 viewsbrazil1982

Lots of people eager to slag of the British despite being British themselves. So may people eager to criticise and hate, yet still take notice the wedding is taking place.
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:26 - May 19 with 4258 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 by J2BLUE

All born equal. Obviously throughout a life things will shape that life and people become 'unequal'. Babies being born and instantly labelled 'HRH' is amazing in 2018.

Harry doesn't look too happy. I guess he's just emotional and nervous rather than actually unhappy. Probably isn't used to the spotlight in such a focused and intense way.

You'll probably say this is rubbish too, but I actually feel sorry for the couple. We wanted our wedding very private, just close family & friends, and were able to do that (just 17 guests). They've got to share it with the public of the world, whether they like it or not.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:27 - May 19 with 4249 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Do you really believe you were born equal with someone in a 3rd world country? Or with an Oxbridge graduate's child? Or with the child of the richest person on the planet?

There is one sense in which we are, yes. In the sight of God we are all equal. However, in terms of opportunities and how they are achieved we most certainly are not.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:28 - May 19 with 4248 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:26 - May 19 by Ryorry

You'll probably say this is rubbish too, but I actually feel sorry for the couple. We wanted our wedding very private, just close family & friends, and were able to do that (just 17 guests). They've got to share it with the public of the world, whether they like it or not.

No I agree, I have nothing against them as individuals. Dare I say, I actually quite like Harry.

Truly impaired.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:29 - May 19 with 4241 viewsSimonds92

Why wouldnt you support a family that generates billions for the uk economy. The whole sponging of the state stuff is cr*p! They make a lot more money than they cost.
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:30 - May 19 with 4235 viewsBlueNomad

Spot on
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:31 - May 19 with 4232 viewsbuoyant

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:20 - May 19 by Ryorry

As a human being, with qualities of morality, self-discipline, intelligence etc.

The concept of inferiority and superiority is what J2 was referring to, no?

We all have different facets, who deems one being better or worse than any other is subjective.

Isn't it compassion, tolerance and love that we should measure ourselves by? Self discipline can inhibit, you don't have to be intelligent to be kind and loving and morality is generally prescriptive.

I think.....

UTT

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:31 - May 19 with 4231 viewsWD19

When it comes to equality, all of us on this board - without exception - are amongst the luckiest members of the human race to have ever lived.

So where equality is concerned I tend to only listen to those who look downwards towards those less fortunate and ask what can be done to help them. I have little time for those that look upwards and comment.
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:32 - May 19 with 4217 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:31 - May 19 by WD19

When it comes to equality, all of us on this board - without exception - are amongst the luckiest members of the human race to have ever lived.

So where equality is concerned I tend to only listen to those who look downwards towards those less fortunate and ask what can be done to help them. I have little time for those that look upwards and comment.

Is it not possible to do both?

Truly impaired.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:32 - May 19 with 4215 viewsSteve_M

You should have done this yesterday. Guaranteed eight pager.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:37 - May 19 with 4180 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:31 - May 19 by buoyant

The concept of inferiority and superiority is what J2 was referring to, no?

We all have different facets, who deems one being better or worse than any other is subjective.

Isn't it compassion, tolerance and love that we should measure ourselves by? Self discipline can inhibit, you don't have to be intelligent to be kind and loving and morality is generally prescriptive.

I think.....

I don't feel inferior or superior to anyone, we are what we are, and I respect and (mostly) like myself, give or take the occasional bit of bad behaviour (no-one's perfect etc!)

And dear me - yes, I meant exactly those kinds of things, simply didn't list them all!!!

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:40 - May 19 with 4161 viewsDarth_Koont

Not a huge fan of Toby Young (unless it's his memoirs) but he came out with a valid point for the Royal Family:

They're a valuable and practical reminder that life isn't fair.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024