Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now I don't have anything against the Queen 11:49 - May 19 with 8012 viewstractordownsouth

But it's funny how often the people moaning about " elites" and immigrant families sponging off the state are the same ones who love the royal family
[Post edited 19 May 2018 12:11]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:42 - May 19 with 2876 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:40 - May 19 by Darth_Koont

Not a huge fan of Toby Young (unless it's his memoirs) but he came out with a valid point for the Royal Family:

They're a valuable and practical reminder that life isn't fair.

Who needs reminding of that? Plenty of other reminders on a daily basis.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:50 - May 19 with 2854 viewsBloomBlue

The Royal's being loads of £s into the country via tourism spongers bring nothing
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:54 - May 19 with 2839 viewstractordownsouth

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:29 - May 19 by Simonds92

Why wouldnt you support a family that generates billions for the uk economy. The whole sponging of the state stuff is cr*p! They make a lot more money than they cost.

I'm not advocating a mass uprising. We'd still generate money from tourism if they weren't on the throne. Keep the palaces for tourism, then we'd have money to spend on people who need it more. I know the generate more than they cost, but they're getting the benefit of it, not society in general.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:56 - May 19 with 2830 viewsitfcjoe

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:54 - May 19 by tractordownsouth

I'm not advocating a mass uprising. We'd still generate money from tourism if they weren't on the throne. Keep the palaces for tourism, then we'd have money to spend on people who need it more. I know the generate more than they cost, but they're getting the benefit of it, not society in general.

If they generate more than they cost then surely they are bringing in money to spend on the more needy?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:58 - May 19 with 2819 viewsBloomBlue

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:54 - May 19 by tractordownsouth

The tourism is because they are real people not the buildings.
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:01 - May 19 with 2806 viewstractordownsouth

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:58 - May 19 by BloomBlue

The tourism is because they are real people not the buildings.

No one gets to meet the queen when they come over, it'll still have all the heritage.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:01 - May 19 with 2805 viewsDarth_Koont

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:42 - May 19 by J2BLUE

Who needs reminding of that? Plenty of other reminders on a daily basis.

Sure but they're random. This is an official part of our society.

Pronouns: He/Him

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:03 - May 19 with 2797 viewstractordownsouth

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:56 - May 19 by itfcjoe

If they generate more than they cost then surely they are bringing in money to spend on the more needy?

Yeah, however tourism money would still be generated from the palace etc even without them there. Then we would get all the benefits without having the costs and we could then spend more on helping the homeless etc.

I'm not having a pop at people enjoying the wedding, fair play. I'm just saying that in the OP there is a bit of hypocrisy involved with a few.

Login to get fewer ads

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:04 - May 19 with 2789 viewsitfcjoe

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:03 - May 19 by tractordownsouth

Yeah, however tourism money would still be generated from the palace etc even without them there. Then we would get all the benefits without having the costs and we could then spend more on helping the homeless etc.

I'm not having a pop at people enjoying the wedding, fair play. I'm just saying that in the OP there is a bit of hypocrisy involved with a few.

Have you checked the figures to ensure that this would be the case with no royals, that the tax take wouldn't decrease etc.......

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:10 - May 19 with 2782 viewsCoachRob

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:29 - May 19 by Simonds92

Why wouldnt you support a family that generates billions for the uk economy. The whole sponging of the state stuff is cr*p! They make a lot more money than they cost.

France is a republic and generates more tourism than UK. Could you elaborate on how the royal family generates these billions?
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:13 - May 19 with 2766 viewsBetablocker

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:10 - May 19 by CoachRob

France is a republic and generates more tourism than UK. Could you elaborate on how the royal family generates these billions?

Proof?

That's absolute rubbish. Paris has more tourists but for the whole of the GB it's nowhere near
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:19 - May 19 with 2753 viewsitfcjoe

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:13 - May 19 by Betablocker

Proof?

That's absolute rubbish. Paris has more tourists but for the whole of the GB it's nowhere near

Also, France has better weather and other things in it's favour - so people aren't choosing to go there purely bacause it is a republic

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 14:01 - May 19 with 2719 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 13:19 - May 19 by itfcjoe

Also, France has better weather and other things in it's favour - so people aren't choosing to go there purely bacause it is a republic

Roquefort & Camenbert? :)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 21:44 - May 19 with 2634 viewstractordownsouth

Blows all the arguments out of the water

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 21:47 - May 19 with 2628 viewsMelford

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 11:53 - May 19 by J2BLUE

One thing that baffles me is that we live in an age of everyone is equal (quite rightfully) and then we have the royal family. Markle is going to be 'Her Royal Highness'. Highness. It just amazes me.

If you are pro monarchy, you do not think everyone is equal. That is fact.

That Meghan is ***king HOT. I haven't had the horn over a member of the Royal Family since the Queen Mother died.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 22:53 - May 19 with 2592 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:21 - May 19 by J2BLUE

All born equal. Obviously throughout a life things will shape that life and people become 'unequal'. Babies being born and instantly labelled 'HRH' is amazing in 2018.

Harry doesn't look too happy. I guess he's just emotional and nervous rather than actually unhappy. Probably isn't used to the spotlight in such a focused and intense way.

What if you’re born into a rich family? The only way to make this really fair is for all babies to be removed by the state at birth and brought up in camps. Please downvote this comment if that’s what you want to happen :-)
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 22:59 - May 19 with 2584 viewsSpruceMoose

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 12:16 - May 19 by Ryorry

No, they're doing a job, same as, e.g., Presidents are doing a job which they're paid for.

Queen is a better person than me, some others might be "better" than me, I don't know. I'm pretty confident I'm "better" than Beatrice and Eugene tho!

Doing a job? Did I miss the application deadline?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 23:00 - May 19 with 2580 viewsJ2BLUE

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 22:53 - May 19 by FrowsyArmLarry

What if you’re born into a rich family? The only way to make this really fair is for all babies to be removed by the state at birth and brought up in camps. Please downvote this comment if that’s what you want to happen :-)

That is absolutely not the same as having a royal family. You lot can't argue against he points being made so keep trying to move the goalposts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 23:17 - May 19 with 2561 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 23:00 - May 19 by J2BLUE

That is absolutely not the same as having a royal family. You lot can't argue against he points being made so keep trying to move the goalposts.

I was kidding. I’m not interested in the points being made
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 23:57 - May 19 with 2530 viewsForza_Blue

What?! This is the most tedious and pointless post this year. Congratulations.
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 00:25 - May 20 with 2511 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 23:57 - May 19 by Forza_Blue

What?! This is the most tedious and pointless post this year. Congratulations.

And is also probably about the 10th thread on our monarchy in the past 2 years on here., with nothing new being said, just the same old same old tedious points being dragged up that have been refuted n times before - completely pointless recreations of groundhog day.

I'm probably one of the most ancient, gnarled people on here - as others reach their late 60s+ perhaps they'll also come to the conclusion that time's precious, and circular arguments repeating the same points as the previous 9 (or whatever) threads are wasting it.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 00:45 - May 20 with 2496 viewsForza_Blue

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 00:25 - May 20 by Ryorry

And is also probably about the 10th thread on our monarchy in the past 2 years on here., with nothing new being said, just the same old same old tedious points being dragged up that have been refuted n times before - completely pointless recreations of groundhog day.

I'm probably one of the most ancient, gnarled people on here - as others reach their late 60s+ perhaps they'll also come to the conclusion that time's precious, and circular arguments repeating the same points as the previous 9 (or whatever) threads are wasting it.

I love that people feel compelled to share their thoughts on stuff like this on TWTD... like it's going to start some revolution. Blah blah blah bore off.
Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 10:48 - May 20 with 2405 viewsHerbivore

The tourism argument is a load of balls, imo. The estimates in terms of how much tourism the royals are directly responsible for are more or less made up, I doubt people would suddenly stop coming to London if we didn't have a queen living there anymore. Paris does okay without a monarch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 11:31 - May 20 with 2376 viewsRyorry

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 10:48 - May 20 by Herbivore

The tourism argument is a load of balls, imo. The estimates in terms of how much tourism the royals are directly responsible for are more or less made up, I doubt people would suddenly stop coming to London if we didn't have a queen living there anymore. Paris does okay without a monarch.

Just posted this on another thread - sorry for the copy, but short of time - have you considered that there was an estimated live audience of 2 *billion*, not to mention those who watched highlights or via catch-up later? What a brilliant gift for the English Tourist Board - it may (or maybe not) incalculable what the £££££££££££ spin-off from yesterday was in terms of increased tourism to England + perhaps rest of UK too.

What an advert for England - beautiful weather, trees, grass, gardens all lush, green & well cared for, everything superbly organised & working like clockwork (sssshhhh - for one day only ...) - imagine even 1% of that audience going "gee hun, I didn't know England could be like that, I thought it was always raining" etc. etc.

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 11:33 - May 20 with 2368 viewsHerbivore

Now I don't have anything against the Queen on 11:31 - May 20 by Ryorry

Just posted this on another thread - sorry for the copy, but short of time - have you considered that there was an estimated live audience of 2 *billion*, not to mention those who watched highlights or via catch-up later? What a brilliant gift for the English Tourist Board - it may (or maybe not) incalculable what the £££££££££££ spin-off from yesterday was in terms of increased tourism to England + perhaps rest of UK too.

What an advert for England - beautiful weather, trees, grass, gardens all lush, green & well cared for, everything superbly organised & working like clockwork (sssshhhh - for one day only ...) - imagine even 1% of that audience going "gee hun, I didn't know England could be like that, I thought it was always raining" etc. etc.

Meh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024