Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross to Sunderland 21:26 - May 23 with 3607 viewsPaddy39

SSN say Ross to be paid 5 times his St Mirren wages and WILL be named as manager tomorrow.

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

Ross to Sunderland on 21:28 - May 23 with 3582 viewsMach_foreignBlue

According to Keith Downie it's gonna be 350k a year. Too expensive for us?
Ross to Sunderland on 21:28 - May 23 with 3582 viewsElderGrizzly

For context, £50k a year to £350k a year.

We have paid each of our managers under Evans as good as £1m a year. This won’t be about money, it will be we simply haven’t offered him a deal.
Ross to Sunderland on 21:29 - May 23 with 3564 viewsSuperblue95

5 times F all is still F all

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Ross to Sunderland on 21:29 - May 23 with 3557 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:28 - May 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

No, nowhere near our last 3 managers
Ross to Sunderland on 21:30 - May 23 with 3547 viewsBloomBlue

Ross to Sunderland on 21:28 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

We have paid each of our managers under Evans as good as £1m a year. This won’t be about money, it will be we simply haven’t offered him a deal.

He'll have a much larger transfer budget at Sunderland they still have parachute payments that's why he'll join Sunderland
Ross to Sunderland on 21:32 - May 23 with 3507 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:30 - May 23 by BloomBlue

He'll have a much larger transfer budget at Sunderland they still have parachute payments that's why he'll join Sunderland

Closer to Scotland i’d say is a big draw, given he tore up a contract at Hartlepool due to homesickness as a player.

Complete rebuild and requirement for instant success too though.

The other part of this is supposedly we have not offered Ross a deal. So he has only one option, or stay at St Mirren
Ross to Sunderland on 21:34 - May 23 with 3474 viewsjas0999

Ross to Sunderland on 21:28 - May 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Considering MM was on £1M then no. Any new appointment is unlikely to command that wage. Looking forward to the surplus being put towards player wages!
Ross to Sunderland on 21:36 - May 23 with 3443 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ross to Sunderland on 21:32 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

Closer to Scotland i’d say is a big draw, given he tore up a contract at Hartlepool due to homesickness as a player.

The other part of this is supposedly we have not offered Ross a deal. So he has only one option, or stay at St Mirren

Or wait for a better offer.

He could always say "I am holiday, I will weigh up my options in 2 weeks".

I think Sunderland have jumped the gun with saying they will announce tomorrow. Time will tell.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Ross to Sunderland on 21:38 - May 23 with 3417 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:36 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or wait for a better offer.

He could always say "I am holiday, I will weigh up my options in 2 weeks".

I think Sunderland have jumped the gun with saying they will announce tomorrow. Time will tell.

The holiday thing is a red herring imo. I accepted a new job on holiday, it’s not that difficult
Ross to Sunderland on 21:40 - May 23 with 3362 viewsHerbivore

Ross to Sunderland on 21:32 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

Also potentially an easier league to cut his teeth in south of the border. He should be able to build a decent footballing side at that level with Sunderland's resources.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ross to Sunderland on 21:41 - May 23 with 3371 viewscatch74

Ross to Sunderland on 21:28 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

Not wanting to stir the flouncing further but ssn reported Ross was impressed with the speed with which Sunderland have dealt with the situation!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Ross to Sunderland on 21:42 - May 23 with 3340 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:41 - May 23 by catch74

Not wanting to stir the flouncing further but ssn reported Ross was impressed with the speed with which Sunderland have dealt with the situation!

Well if he wasn’t top choice for us, i wouldn’t expect us to rush stuff for his benefit
Ross to Sunderland on 21:43 - May 23 with 3318 viewsVic

Ross to Sunderland on 21:38 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

The holiday thing is a red herring imo. I accepted a new job on holiday, it’s not that difficult

But clubs do usually show the new manager off immediately! If all this is true then he’s slipped back in from his hols.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ross to Sunderland on 21:43 - May 23 with 3315 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:34 - May 23 by jas0999

Considering MM was on £1M then no. Any new appointment is unlikely to command that wage. Looking forward to the surplus being put towards player wages!

Yep, even Lampard should be offered nowhere near that.

MM’s pedigree warranted that wage when he arrived
Ross to Sunderland on 21:44 - May 23 with 3302 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ross to Sunderland on 21:38 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

It's not difficult if you already know it's what you want.

If he accepts an offer from Sunderland it will be because of one (or more) of:

he was never interested in our potential offer (would fit with the publicity surrounding every stage getting his name in the media)

he is fairly sure he won't be offered the Town job

he sees the Sunderland job as better or at least on a par with ours (in which case he would never have accepted any offer from us as soon as he knew another club was interested)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ross to Sunderland on 21:47 - May 23 with 3255 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:44 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

he was never interested in our potential offer (would fit with the publicity surrounding every stage getting his name in the media)

he sees the Sunderland job as better or at least on a par with ours (in which case he would never have accepted any offer from us as soon as he knew another club was interested)

A mixture of not being offered anything by us and knowing he was 2nd choice at best.

Evans simply won’t sit there and wait if Ross was first choice
Ross to Sunderland on 21:59 - May 23 with 3151 viewsSuperfrans

Ross to Sunderland on 21:30 - May 23 by BloomBlue

But this is precisely why he is such a risk for Sunderland. Never dealt with such budgets, never dealt with such massive egos, never managed in England, has to get them up pretty much immediately, brand new ownership.

We’re more stable, less demanding first season (besides staying up), balance of ages in squad, less of a jump in terms of budgets, fairly ego-free squad...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ross to Sunderland on 22:01 - May 23 with 3128 viewsElderGrizzly

Ross to Sunderland on 21:59 - May 23 by Superfrans

But this is precisely why he is such a risk for Sunderland. Never dealt with such budgets, never dealt with such massive egos, never managed in England, has to get them up pretty much immediately, brand new ownership.

We’re more stable, less demanding first season (besides staying up), balance of ages in squad, less of a jump in terms of budgets, fairly ego-free squad...

Which is all true, but if we haven’t offered him a job, he can’t accept it.

Potentially Evans biggest mistake was trying to be open and setting out a timeline
Ross to Sunderland on 22:03 - May 23 with 3106 viewspointofblue

Ross to Sunderland on 21:44 - May 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the fact we've known about our interest in Ross for ages whereas Sunderland slipped under the radar speaks volumes - yes, Evans may have been wanting to wait for Hurst but, on the flip side, I don't think Ross really wanted to come here. We were just a handy springboard to help get his name out there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ross to Sunderland on 22:11 - May 23 with 3034 viewsFreddy

Ross to Sunderland on 21:47 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

A mixture of not being offered anything by us and knowing he was 2nd choice at best.

Evans simply won’t sit there and wait if Ross was first choice

I don't think he was 2nd choice, he's highly rated and was most fans 1st choice, just think we've messed him around whereas Sunderland didn't
Ross to Sunderland on 22:53 - May 23 with 2924 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Ross to Sunderland on 22:11 - May 23 by Freddy

I don't think he was 2nd choice, he's highly rated and was most fans 1st choice, just think we've messed him around whereas Sunderland didn't

Clearly not Evans first choice though as I’m sure he would have made an offer if so. Or maybe he has and Ross has elected to go to Sunderland instead.

Not sure he was messed around by Ipswich. I think he played with the media himself, to flush out interest and the offer from Sunderland. This also whipped up interest amongst fans which wasn’t there previously.

Let’s wait and see who is appointed, then get excited rather than before...

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024