Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stewart Donald you utter shambles 13:10 - May 25 with 7876 viewsHarryWright

'Jack is excited to be a part of the future we are building here, and the fact he turned down lucrative offers from elsewhere, including clubs currently in a higher division than ourselves, is testament to his commitment and desire to succeed at this club and his belief in our vision for the future.'

We didn't offer him the bloody job you numpty - first the shambles of announcing a signed deal with him before talking to St. Mirren now this. A circus owner for a circus club.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:11 - May 25 with 5036 viewsBluefish

He turned down Barnsley when they were in this league

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:12 - May 25 with 5013 viewsSwansea_Blue

He comrs across as a right gobby attention seeker doesn't he.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:13 - May 25 with 5001 viewsHarryWright

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:11 - May 25 by Bluefish

Yes but he's claiming he chose Sunderland above 'lucrative offers from the above league' he didn't have a choice of Sunderland then.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:14 - May 25 with 4986 viewsWarkylegend

We did make Ross an offer. He was our top target but ultimately he chose Sunderland. Anything else coming out of the club is spin to make it look like we didn't miss out on our top target. Attention will clearly now turn to Hurst but we had offered terms to Ross.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:14 - May 25 with 4975 viewsHarryWright

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:12 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

Yep - just to add to the Wednesday shambles I can see him being 'one of those' chairman.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:16 - May 25 with 4944 viewsitfcjoe

I’m guessing he knows more about the situation than you do

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:17 - May 25 with 4938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:14 - May 25 by Warkylegend

We did make Ross an offer. He was our top target but ultimately he chose Sunderland. Anything else coming out of the club is spin to make it look like we didn't miss out on our top target. Attention will clearly now turn to Hurst but we had offered terms to Ross.

We did not make him an offer.

We talked terms, as we did with Lampard, but we didn't offer Ross the role.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:20 - May 25 with 4874 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:12 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

The David Gold of League 1!

...just without the money!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:20 - May 25 with 4871 viewsHarryWright

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:16 - May 25 by itfcjoe

There's a reason Evans said late may or early June - he was always going to talk to Hurst. Don't be brainwashed by some attention seeking, shambles of a chairman, of course he spun it to make his declining club look better.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:21 - May 25 with 4859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:17 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

That's certainly how it's been reported

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:24 - May 25 with 4812 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:21 - May 25 by Swansea_Blue

That's certainly how it's been reported

As per my post or the previous one?

Phils view was that we had not offered Ross the job. FWIW

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:24 - May 25 with 4803 viewsSwansea_Blue

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:14 - May 25 by HarryWright

Yep - just to add to the Wednesday shambles I can see him being 'one of those' chairman.

Yep. The sort where he'll get away with it if all goes well, but soon find fans turning if it doesn't. And then he'll get all uppity about it. Never quite learning when it's a good time to zip it. There have been a few of those over the years.

Sounds potentially like a meddler too, but who knows. Maybe that's unfair and he'll leave JR alone to get on with the job.

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:26 - May 25 with 4761 viewsLord_Lucan

If you look at the dates Ross seems to have ruled himself out of the Barnsley job after they appointed their new manager.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:28 - May 25 with 4730 viewsDanFord

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:16 - May 25 by itfcjoe

Donald Trump knows much more than most of us on world matters but it doesn't make anything that comes out of his mouth accurate.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:31 - May 25 with 4709 viewsSaigonTractor

You guys take things way too personally. He's just getting the fans excited, let him. Sunderland fans need something to cheer about
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:32 - May 25 with 4703 viewsPhilTWTD

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:24 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

As per my post or the previous one?

Phils view was that we had not offered Ross the job. FWIW

I think the owner's just bigging up the appointment and being somewhat inexact in his language. The job wasn't offered.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:35 - May 25 with 4669 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:17 - May 25 by Marshalls_Mullet

And you know this how? I know we offered terms to Ross.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:38 - May 25 with 4625 viewschicoazul

If Ross really did turn us down in favour of a club in the league below us then he definitely wasn't the right guy in the first place.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:41 - May 25 with 4587 viewsIpswichKnight

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:35 - May 25 by Warkylegend

Both Watson and Warren over at the EADT say that they have spoken to sources close to Ross and at ITFC and no offer was ever made, he probably would have accepted one from us if we had made it but took the firm offer from Sunderland when it came.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:41 - May 25 with 4581 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:38 - May 25 by chicoazul

If Ross really did turn us down in favour of a club in the league below us then he definitely wasn't the right guy in the first place.

I don't think it really matters either way. Will get behind whoever is appointed. For me what Hurst has done in League 1 is better than what Ross achieved in Scotland. I am only assuming we are moving onto Hurst now based on media offerings but I have absolutely no clue who else is, has or hasn't been interviewed.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:43 - May 25 with 4554 viewspointofblue

You've got a source at the club?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 with 4556 viewsHarryWright

It's simple we dilly dallied about and they took him before we offered him the job - he got a concrete offer from Sunderland whilst we waited around to talk to Hurst. He (and I don't blame him) took the offer at Sunderland because it was a firm offer, if he'd waited for us we could have easily went for Hurst and he'd have nothing.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 with 4553 viewsWarkylegend

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:41 - May 25 by IpswichKnight

Both Watson and Warren over at the EADT say that they have spoken to sources close to Ross and at ITFC and no offer was ever made, he probably would have accepted one from us if we had made it but took the firm offer from Sunderland when it came.

Indeed. Watson and Warren don't know any more and the club will spin it to the media. Ross was the first choice however and had been offered terms.
Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 with 4548 viewschicoazul

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:41 - May 25 by Warkylegend

I don't think it really matters either way. Will get behind whoever is appointed. For me what Hurst has done in League 1 is better than what Ross achieved in Scotland. I am only assuming we are moving onto Hurst now based on media offerings but I have absolutely no clue who else is, has or hasn't been interviewed.

Well yes of course it doesnt matter and you and I will support whoever. I am simply saying that if he really wanted to take a job with an inferior club who have a recent history of being an utter basket case then he wasn't the right guy from the get-go. Maybe this is why Marcus decided against moving on him after they met the 2nd time who knows. Got a bad odour from him or something.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:44 - May 25 with 4544 viewsGuthrum

Stewart Donald you utter shambles on 13:38 - May 25 by chicoazul

If Ross is in that much of a hurry to tie up his situation, doesn't say much for his levels of ambition or self-belief. Or there are other factors in play, such as closeness to Scotland (c.f. the Hartlepool affair).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024