Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed 08:33 - Jun 5 with 6664 viewsCurrie10

Quite a jump from early bird to now, with cheapest adult seat being quite a dear £554 in the lower tiers. Ouch.

No doubt a few who haven't signed up before knowing who was announced as manager will get a season card, cannot help but feel the numbers could have been much greater.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 08:36 - Jun 5 with 5181 viewsuefacup81

It wouldn't surprise me if that's yet to happen. There's been no formal unveiling yet, which would be the logical time to get it done.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 08:39 - Jun 5 with 5171 viewsartsbossbeard

The one's who jumped up & down on the "I'm not getting involved until I know who the new manager is" stuff have shot themselves in the foot, haven't they?

Ho hum.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 08:41 - Jun 5 with 5166 viewsconnorscontract

We did this the other day. The majority view was that those who took the Early Bird price were loyal, whereas those who waited were "flimsy" and so it serves them right.

Then some of the loyal early birds started to get properly upset that others may receive the same benefit that they had without showing the same loyalty.

It was the Burley Play Off "Part Timers shouldn't be allowed to go to Wembley, even if it means we only take 13,000, because they're not proper fans" TWTD self-righteousness all over again.

Don't be mean to them again- best we leave this.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 08:46 - Jun 5 with 5138 viewsRadlett_blue

Could actually turn out well from Town's point of view, if some now sign up for full price season tickets safe in the knowledge that we have appointed Hurst, not Tim Sherwood.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:00 - Jun 5 with 5098 viewsCurrie10

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 08:46 - Jun 5 by Radlett_blue

Could actually turn out well from Town's point of view, if some now sign up for full price season tickets safe in the knowledge that we have appointed Hurst, not Tim Sherwood.

True - I'd certainly imagine more matchday sales early doors anyway / Norwich + some others higher than last season.

If we're doing well at midpoint probably sell a lot of half season tickets.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:05 - Jun 5 with 5088 viewsGuthrum

Can't think the numbers would have be very large, that there would really have been many so afraid we might end up with Megson that they still refused to commit even knowing McCarthy was gone.

If the deadline is repeatedly extended until it covers pretty much anybody who wishes to buy a ST, then it rather negates the point of having a scheme to encourage fans to sign up early in the process.

Now it might be worth reviewing the numbers and seeing if some alteration to ST selling is appropriate. For example, if 90%+ of ST holders buy under Early Bird, is there much point in having full price ones at all, would an increase in sales offset the lost extra income from the relatively few full price STs sold if that were the case? Is there an argument for not charging full price until the start of the season? Yes, the club wants to get people committed as early as possible, for financial planning reasons, so perhaps a series of stepped incentives might work (e.g. cheap Early Bird, half that discount up to the end of July, full price thereafter)?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:22 - Jun 5 with 5019 viewsNo9

A new manager has been signed, his ventures must be funded
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:26 - Jun 5 with 5000 viewsBrixtonBlue

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 08:41 - Jun 5 by connorscontract

We did this the other day. The majority view was that those who took the Early Bird price were loyal, whereas those who waited were "flimsy" and so it serves them right.

Then some of the loyal early birds started to get properly upset that others may receive the same benefit that they had without showing the same loyalty.

It was the Burley Play Off "Part Timers shouldn't be allowed to go to Wembley, even if it means we only take 13,000, because they're not proper fans" TWTD self-righteousness all over again.

Don't be mean to them again- best we leave this.

I don't remember anyone getting "properly upset" about it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:31 - Jun 5 with 4990 viewsDyland

The whole point of the early bird is a financial incentive to reward loyalty.

I get the arguments against "blind" loyalty but these arguments are invariably and inevitably skewed against the club and its current ownership, whichever way you look at it. In no world except cloud cuckoo land is NOT buying a season ticket good for the club.

Supporters who buy regardless get bashed by a small minority but these are the lifeblood of any football club. Like it or not.

This isn't aimed at you btw :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:34 - Jun 5 with 4970 viewsDyland

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:26 - Jun 5 by BrixtonBlue

I don't remember anyone getting "properly upset" about it.

I must have missed that as well.

I wouldn't give two hoots personally if the price was now extended, but the club would be foolish to do so as it sets a precedent. Unless as Guthers suggests they restructure it from next season or scrap completely.

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 10:29 - Jun 5 with 4863 viewscarlisleaway

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 09:34 - Jun 5 by Dyland

I must have missed that as well.

I wouldn't give two hoots personally if the price was now extended, but the club would be foolish to do so as it sets a precedent. Unless as Guthers suggests they restructure it from next season or scrap completely.

Those of us that did renew in the early bird scheme should be rewarded, I am afraid those that are shouting now obviously did not have the faith in the club at the time this was taken up.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 10:34 - Jun 5 with 4856 viewsDyland

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 10:29 - Jun 5 by carlisleaway

Those of us that did renew in the early bird scheme should be rewarded, I am afraid those that are shouting now obviously did not have the faith in the club at the time this was taken up.

To be honest I didn't have that much faith when I renewed. I just love going to the footy :)

Maybe if the club did restructure the ST pricing schedule and started now, the early birders could be rewarded in other ways. Free beer and pie tokens e.g., or programmes or merch.

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 10:46 - Jun 5 with 4797 views12th_Man

Should have got ST when on early bird sales

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 4718 viewsJack27

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 10:29 - Jun 5 by carlisleaway

I didn't have the faith. I'd have bought a ST if I'd known about Hurst and the new era...but not at the prices today...because I'm not paying more than what was previously on offer. It's a principle thing. I'm not jumping up and down about it. I'm perfectly calm. I've not been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons, although support the club in as much that I check on here regularly and follow the scores whenever there's a game. I think it's fans (maybe some will say we're not fans) like me the club are losing out on getting back.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:50 - Jun 5 with 4686 viewsartsbossbeard

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:42 - Jun 5 by Jack27

I didn't have the faith. I'd have bought a ST if I'd known about Hurst and the new era...but not at the prices today...because I'm not paying more than what was previously on offer. It's a principle thing. I'm not jumping up and down about it. I'm perfectly calm. I've not been a season ticket holder for 10 seasons, although support the club in as much that I check on here regularly and follow the scores whenever there's a game. I think it's fans (maybe some will say we're not fans) like me the club are losing out on getting back.

Let's be honest here, you weren't ever coming back so they've not lost you.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:54 - Jun 5 with 4675 viewsJack27

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:50 - Jun 5 by artsbossbeard

Let's be honest here, you weren't ever coming back so they've not lost you.

What makes you so sure?
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:55 - Jun 5 with 4672 viewsartsbossbeard

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:54 - Jun 5 by Jack27

What makes you so sure?

10 seasons without, apparently waiting to see who the next boss is before contemplating purchasing. I'm sure.

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:01 - Jun 5 with 4638 viewsBluebell

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:55 - Jun 5 by artsbossbeard

10 seasons without, apparently waiting to see who the next boss is before contemplating purchasing. I'm sure.

I agree. Some of us support the team through thick and thin whoever the manager is. We may not like the manager but it is the football we sign up to see.

If someone hasn't bought a ST in 10 years when we have had 3 different managers, why should they start because there is another unproven one?

Fickle I call it!
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:05 - Jun 5 with 4622 viewsBluebell

Perhaps my suggestion on the other thread would work.

I said maybe they should bring out another lower price for people who sign up to a ST in the certain time (maybe the next 2 weeks). Not as low as the Early Bird but lower than the full price.

But why should they? We were given plenty of time to buy in April/May knowing that McCarthy had gone. Anyone who then didn't like the idea of Paul Hurst could have then cancelled!
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:07 - Jun 5 with 4618 viewsFixed_It

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:01 - Jun 5 by Bluebell

I agree. Some of us support the team through thick and thin whoever the manager is. We may not like the manager but it is the football we sign up to see.

If someone hasn't bought a ST in 10 years when we have had 3 different managers, why should they start because there is another unproven one?

Fickle I call it!

We all remember the (initial) excitement when Roy Keane was appointed. If he didn't buy one then...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:13 - Jun 5 with 4595 viewsBluebell

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:07 - Jun 5 by Fixed_It

We all remember the (initial) excitement when Roy Keane was appointed. If he didn't buy one then...

Hmmm.......... Not sure I was ever 'excited' about Roy Keane being appointed.

Anyway I wanted Jim Magilton to stay!
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 12:23 - Jun 5 with 4578 viewsJack27

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 11:55 - Jun 5 by artsbossbeard

I don't claim to be die hard but still a fan nonetheless. Yes, I wanted to know who was the next boss before committing a lot of my Saturday's and some Tuesday evenings - if that makes me fickle then so be it - I'm fickle....but there's probably a lot of "fans" like me. The fact that I now know but the price has increased is enough for me not to purchase now - again if that makes me fickle then I'm fickle. I don't really care if you believe me or not with my intentions, I know my own intentions and I know my own principles. All I was doing was answering the OP. I re-iterate that I'm not jumping up and down. I'm genuinely excited about Paul Hurst and the fresh approach.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 13:14 - Jun 5 with 4491 viewsTJS

For me the obvious decision would be for the club to do a new price halfway between the early bird and full price to get as many people on board as possible.
That way people who already renewed would still be getting some benefit.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 13:57 - Jun 5 with 4400 viewsRomeo4

Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 13:14 - Jun 5 by TJS

For me the obvious decision would be for the club to do a new price halfway between the early bird and full price to get as many people on board as possible.
That way people who already renewed would still be getting some benefit.

I agree with this. Just seems too steep to expect new comers to pay so much extra. An incentive would attract some I'm sure.
Shame we didn't extend the earlybird with Hurst being confirmed on 14:11 - Jun 5 with 4366 viewsVaughan8

I'm going to assume you are right saying the lowest adult price is £554 for the lower tier.

If matchday tickets stay the same at £25 for lower tiers, that means you can go to 22 home matches (there are only 23 home matches) and still pay less. I know it doesn't guarantee your ticket in the same seat each match, but still.

Surely this cannot be correct? Unless they are putting up the prices for the matchday tickets (or I am being thick and missing something?)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024