Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITV2 - Love Island 11:34 - Jun 5 with 10698 viewschristiand

Just putting it out there to see general consensus. A series that reflects all that's wrong with modern society. Youngsters that are all fame hungry, but really have no specific skills to achieve it through talent alone so have to resort to nudity and fumbling around under the covers on national TV to get recognition. Just find it the lowest form of TV, but it gets so much coverage in the media, just believe it sends out the wrong message.

Just me getting old and being a prude?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:36 - Jun 5 with 5299 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess its just the latest incarnation of the Big Brother format really.

I think those type of vain, fame hungry people have always existed, this is just the latest outlet for them.

Try not to assume / generalise that it reflects all of modern youth.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:36 - Jun 5 with 5297 viewsMarkP1

No you’re right, it’s a vacuous pile of excrement
ITV2 - Love Island on 11:37 - Jun 5 with 5290 viewschicoazul

I have never watched a minute of it but each generation looks at the art consumed by the generation or two that come after and turns its' nose up. Reality TV has been around for over 20 years now so it isnt really a modern society thing, and people have been using TV to get famous for many years before it. As far as I understand it it's just light hearted entertainment and there's nothing wrong with that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:39 - Jun 5 with 5291 viewsDanFord

You are not alone. It's just another depressing march towards a world that nobody will like the look of. Years ago the famous were people that had significant talent in areas of entertainment, musicians, singers, comedians, sports stars and so on. These people were paid handsomely and enjoyed by millions. Now you can become very rich on YouTube by going viral and so people create videos with quite ridiculous nonsense to do so, while other people know that they only have to get their bits out on TV and they are set for life with a presenting job, book deal and so on. Each to their own, but it's sad that youngsters 'own' is lowest common denominator and that they then look up to these idols - as you say talentless people who are fame hungry.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:40 - Jun 5 with 5277 viewsDanFord

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:36 - Jun 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

I guess its just the latest incarnation of the Big Brother format really.

I think those type of vain, fame hungry people have always existed, this is just the latest outlet for them.

Try not to assume / generalise that it reflects all of modern youth.

The problem though sadly is that the current platform giving these people exposure, leads to many other young people seeing them as idols to emulate, which unnaturally creates even more vain, fame hungry people, who in turn produce more. It's an unstoppable snowball now.

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:40 - Jun 5 with 5273 viewsKieran_Knows

Fcuking shambles of a show. Same category as the likes of Big Brother etc.

I must admit, I always moaned about it, but had never watched it. So I sat with the missus one night last year to give it a try, and I was right, shocking. Never watched it again.

R_I_G will be along in a minute though, he loves it.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 11:41]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:41 - Jun 5 with 5277 viewsCotty

"but it gets so much coverage in the media"

I think this is mainly an indication that you need to change your choice of media outlets, I am completely oblivious to the whole thing!
ITV2 - Love Island on 11:41 - Jun 5 with 5261 viewsBetablocker

It's trash. You are correct and it plays to the thickos - I guess you get the TV you watch. I Do despair for Modern society
Login to get fewer ads

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 5251 viewsGavTWTD

I was surprised that it was mentioned on BBC Breakfast this morning.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 5254 viewsKieran_Knows

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:41 - Jun 5 by Cotty

"but it gets so much coverage in the media"

I think this is mainly an indication that you need to change your choice of media outlets, I am completely oblivious to the whole thing!

Good thing with twitter these days, is that you can mute certain words for a period of time so they don't show on your timeline.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 5248 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:37 - Jun 5 by chicoazul

I have never watched a minute of it but each generation looks at the art consumed by the generation or two that come after and turns its' nose up. Reality TV has been around for over 20 years now so it isnt really a modern society thing, and people have been using TV to get famous for many years before it. As far as I understand it it's just light hearted entertainment and there's nothing wrong with that.

Indeed.

Its all getting a bit Daily Mail on here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:48 - Jun 5 with 5219 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't mind it as long as I don't have to hear about it.

I completely agree with your opinion on it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:49 - Jun 5 with 5208 viewsDanFord

What is the most worrying part of all this is that ITV1 got just over 2 million viewers last night as ITV2 was getting almost 3 million. ITV1 showed The Queens Coronation in Colour, a fascinating insight into one of the biggest events in the history of this country over the last 100 years. That gained less interest than some talentless egomaniacs in swimsuits introducing themselves to each other and presumably saying which one they fancied. That's 2018 people.

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:50 - Jun 5 with 5193 viewschicoazul

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:42 - Jun 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

Its all getting a bit Daily Mail on here.

I'm all for conservatism but not in young people's art and tastes. What they like should annoy the rest of us, that's the point.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:52 - Jun 5 with 5189 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:49 - Jun 5 by DanFord

What is the most worrying part of all this is that ITV1 got just over 2 million viewers last night as ITV2 was getting almost 3 million. ITV1 showed The Queens Coronation in Colour, a fascinating insight into one of the biggest events in the history of this country over the last 100 years. That gained less interest than some talentless egomaniacs in swimsuits introducing themselves to each other and presumably saying which one they fancied. That's 2018 people.

Hot people in swimsuits.

Its gonna get viewers!!

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:53 - Jun 5 with 5174 viewsDanFord

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:52 - Jun 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hot people in swimsuits.

Its gonna get viewers!!

In the days of the internet and being able to search for anything you want in that respect, who really needs to see people in swimsuits on TV. Secondly, when the person wearing the swimsuit is thick as pig mess, does that really do it for people?

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:54 - Jun 5 with 5165 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:50 - Jun 5 by chicoazul

I'm all for conservatism but not in young people's art and tastes. What they like should annoy the rest of us, that's the point.

Some of the comments on this thread dont show people in a good light.

Getting all snobbish about what entertainment people SHOULD be watching, and what the shouldnt.

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:54 - Jun 5 with 5159 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:53 - Jun 5 by DanFord

In the days of the internet and being able to search for anything you want in that respect, who really needs to see people in swimsuits on TV. Secondly, when the person wearing the swimsuit is thick as pig mess, does that really do it for people?

Put it on mute. ;-)

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:07 - Jun 5 with 5094 viewsBlueBadger

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:49 - Jun 5 by DanFord

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/itvs-prediction-that-you-l

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:08 - Jun 5 with 5082 viewsBlueBadger

ITV2 - Love Island on 11:37 - Jun 5 by chicoazul

A wholly unscientific sample of my friends on facebook suggests that it's not kids watching it, it's actual gown-ups in their 30s with proper jobs and children.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:14 - Jun 5 with 5064 viewsLankHenners

Another trash "reality" tv show. Different strokes and all that but there seems to be some deliberate cognitive dissonance going on when the likes of page 3 are condemned (for the right reasons) whilst millions of people (including those who appear otherwise well-adjusted) tune in to watch near-nude morons expose how thick they are, with the only real quality they have is being physically attractive in the eyes of horny tv producers.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:24 - Jun 5 with 5019 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Live and let live.

Plenty of people like myself enjoy it.

It’s really not aimed at anyone over the 27/28 tbh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:29 - Jun 5 with 4997 viewsgiant_stow

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:24 - Jun 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Live and let live.

Its a great way out of the Essex hood for many, too.

I don't watch it though - only have room for in my tv trash diary for MiC and Real Housewives.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:35 - Jun 5 with 4953 viewsBetablocker

ITV2 - Love Island on 12:24 - Jun 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Live and let live.

'And there your honour is where I rest my case'
ITV2 - Love Island on 12:36 - Jun 5 with 4949 viewsReuser_is_God

I quite like it.

If you don’t then there are plenty of other channels for you to watch.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024