Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opponents that were class at Portman Road 15:28 - Jun 12 with 9692 viewsDanFord

So the Rotherham players didn't think Campbell-Ryce played that well. I recall at the time it happened, he didn't track back, got loads of grief from his team mates but looked absolutely superb every time he got on the ball. But which players genuinely would have deserved a standing ovation at Portman Road over the years? I remember Waddle being unplayable when Sheffield Wednesday beat us (2-0 I think on the opening day of the season about 1990?). Glenn Hoddle was unreal when Swindon beat us 4-1 in 1991. Aiden Davidson had a worldy for Millwall when we drew 0-0 around 1996 (might have been the day we missed the playoffs and they went down). Ashley Young was relentless when Watford won down here when he was about 19 and playing on the RW and must have weighed about 8 stone. Seedorf was fantastic for Inter Milan. Ian Wright was different class when he scored a hat trick when we lost 5-1.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 09:13 - Jun 13 with 789 viewsblueislander

Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 08:38 - Jun 13 by Kieran_Knows

Tom Cairney.

EDIT - in the 2 times I've seen him down PR with Fulham, he's never looked like he's got out of second gear.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 8:44]

Going back a while the wonderful Everton midfield of Harvey, Kendall and Ball absolutely dominated us at Portman Road when they won 3-0 .
More recently as a team Swansea hardly gave us a kick when winning at Portman Road the year they got promoted.
Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 09:16 - Jun 13 with 787 viewschicoazul

Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 22:09 - Jun 12 by Melford

The first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. Hoddle for Swindon, we won the league that year but they did us 4-1 at home and gave us a schooling. I was at the front of Churchmans and could hear him shouting and gesturing about where they should move, he's swing the ball over and Bang! A footballing masterclass.

Was that when Tony Vaughan got sent off? An absolutely outrageous tackle on one of their lot in front of the dugouts?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 09:20 - Jun 13 with 776 viewsHerbivore

Ross Barkley was different gravy when Sheffield Wednesday took apart the worst Town side in living memory at Portman Road.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 10:24 - Jun 13 with 741 viewsbadadski

Peterborough against us - Taylor and Boyd ripped our back doors wide open

Kevin Lisbie when we played Colchester -

Hmm there's a trend play well against us and we will sign you

Jon Walters - so many more

I think Liverpool when we were in the Orem - Arne rise and Emile Henskey destroyed us

Not sure who scored most of manu's goals in 9 goal drubbing but some one must have destroyed us more than the ref.

[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 10:36]
Opponents that were class at Portman Road on 13:12 - Jun 13 with 698 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

Ashley Cole playing left mid for Palace on loan from Arsenal; Aaron Ramsey for Cardiff; Danny Murphy for Crewe when they were relegation fodder but beat us towards the end of the season to stop us going up automatically; Ian Wright virtually every time we played against a team with him in it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024