Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74697 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:24 - Jun 16 with 3569 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:27 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

I'd agree with that too, the descent into being a stoner changes people massively from my experience.

I often worry about family members who smoke weed. I used to smoke a bit but never a stoner, nowadays I try not to touch it as it gives me the the troubles from time to time - mind you I had a toke last night with Pint of Wine Paul but I think I was too pissed to realise it.

A very old mate of mine used to be a complete stoner and he eventually went mad at a young age - in his twenties. One day he was walking past a carvery when he saw a sign saying come in and take as much as you want, he went in and then walked out with a whole joint of beef. After a few similar crazy actions he ended up in Rampton top security mental hospital for quite a few years.

The two main recreational drugs these days are weed and coke, I think weed is much more damaging personally.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:25 - Jun 16 with 3513 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:27 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

I'd agree with that too, the descent into being a stoner changes people massively from my experience.

Taking any drug long term changes you. You are what you consume.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:27 - Jun 16 with 3510 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:24 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

I often worry about family members who smoke weed. I used to smoke a bit but never a stoner, nowadays I try not to touch it as it gives me the the troubles from time to time - mind you I had a toke last night with Pint of Wine Paul but I think I was too pissed to realise it.

A very old mate of mine used to be a complete stoner and he eventually went mad at a young age - in his twenties. One day he was walking past a carvery when he saw a sign saying come in and take as much as you want, he went in and then walked out with a whole joint of beef. After a few similar crazy actions he ended up in Rampton top security mental hospital for quite a few years.

The two main recreational drugs these days are weed and coke, I think weed is much more damaging personally.

You're not a doctor; how do you know it was weed that made him like that? It could have been the other way around, and it prevented it from happening sooner.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:32 - Jun 16 with 3503 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:27 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

You're not a doctor; how do you know it was weed that made him like that? It could have been the other way around, and it prevented it from happening sooner.

Well of course I am not a doctor and I guess we will never know but his constant toking coincided with his collapse from society and there does seem to be a lot of other cases like this.

I'm a liberal man and think people should do whatever they want but I am just commenting on how I see it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:36 - Jun 16 with 3498 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:32 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

Well of course I am not a doctor and I guess we will never know but his constant toking coincided with his collapse from society and there does seem to be a lot of other cases like this.

I'm a liberal man and think people should do whatever they want but I am just commenting on how I see it.

Yes, there's clearly a link, but it could be that A) weed triggers underlying psychoses B) weed causes it outright or it could just be that people with psychoses seek weed to medicate and it exacerbates it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:45 - Jun 16 with 3483 viewsitfcjoe

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:24 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

I think maybe because, in my experience anyway, those who tend to do more coke rather than weed do it a lot less often.

Most people I know who take coke use it on nights out or days out, whereas those who smoke weed just do it at home to chill out.....

Ultimately that leads to a the once who are more serious doing too much coke when they are out which doesn't really matter in a way, compared to people who end up smoking weed and getting stoned every single day and just become totally unproductive in any meaningful sense.

Now I'm sure there are more people than I realise using coke in non social settings, but I know people with kids who smoke weed every evening when they go to bed to relive the stress and to me that is just wrong. Yes, some people drug themselves with booze every night and I think that is bad too if you are responsible for the little ones but out of all the stoners I know, none of them are particurlarly productive and successful and in dead end jobs or dead end relationships - but that may be just the ones I know and not representative

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:49 - Jun 16 with 3478 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:45 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

I think maybe because, in my experience anyway, those who tend to do more coke rather than weed do it a lot less often.

Most people I know who take coke use it on nights out or days out, whereas those who smoke weed just do it at home to chill out.....

Ultimately that leads to a the once who are more serious doing too much coke when they are out which doesn't really matter in a way, compared to people who end up smoking weed and getting stoned every single day and just become totally unproductive in any meaningful sense.

Now I'm sure there are more people than I realise using coke in non social settings, but I know people with kids who smoke weed every evening when they go to bed to relive the stress and to me that is just wrong. Yes, some people drug themselves with booze every night and I think that is bad too if you are responsible for the little ones but out of all the stoners I know, none of them are particurlarly productive and successful and in dead end jobs or dead end relationships - but that may be just the ones I know and not representative

I think all of your points are valid - especially the bit about coke being more of a night out drug. The one person I do know who at one point was doing loads of coke every day also went a bit mad.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 16 with 3471 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:45 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

The major difference you neglect to mention being that those are the people who don't become physically addicted to cocaine, and who can choose when they take it. There are those that can't.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 16:01]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:02 - Jun 16 with 3466 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

The major difference you neglect to mention being that those are the people who don't become physically addicted to cocaine, and who can choose when they take it. There are those that can't.

Can you be physically addicted to cocaine?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:03 - Jun 16 with 3465 viewsitfcjoe

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:01 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

I’ve said I’m sure they exist, but just I don’t know any of them

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:03 - Jun 16 with 3465 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:02 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

Yep.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:04 - Jun 16 with 3461 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:03 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

I’ve said I’m sure they exist, but just I don’t know any of them

Well surely knowledge that there are addicts in the world, despite you not knowing them, changes your opinion of how damaging a drug is. I don't know any psychotic weed smokers but I accept they exist and it's not a good mark on weed.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:07 - Jun 16 with 3457 viewsLord_Lucan

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:03 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

Yep.

Well I'm not doing enough then.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:07 - Jun 16 with 3456 viewsitfcjoe

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:04 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

Well surely knowledge that there are addicts in the world, despite you not knowing them, changes your opinion of how damaging a drug is. I don't know any psychotic weed smokers but I accept they exist and it's not a good mark on weed.

I’m just trying to talk from my experiences, I’m no expert or looking at peer reviewed papers.

Personal view is drugs should be legalised in the main and think it would help a lot of areas

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:12 - Jun 16 with 3450 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:07 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

Well I'm not doing enough then.

Doesn't sound great: After using cocaine on a regular basis, some users will become addicted. When the drug is discontinued immediately, the user will experience what has come to be known as a "crash" along with a number of other cocaine withdrawal symptoms, including paranoia, depression, exhaustion, anxiety, itching, mood swings, irritability, fatigue, insomnia, an intense craving for more cocaine, and in some cases nausea and vomiting. Some cocaine users also report having similar symptoms to schizophrenia patients and feel that their mind is lost. Some users also report formication: a feeling of a crawling sensation on the skin also known as "coke bugs". These symptoms can last for weeks or, in some cases, months. Even after most withdrawal symptoms dissipate most users feel the need to continue using the drug; this feeling can last for years and may peak during times of stress. About 30—40% of individuals with cocaine dependence will turn to other substances such as medication and alcohol after giving up cocaine. There are various medications on the market to ease cocaine withdrawal symptoms.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:13 - Jun 16 with 3446 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:07 - Jun 16 by itfcjoe

I’m just trying to talk from my experiences, I’m no expert or looking at peer reviewed papers.

Personal view is drugs should be legalised in the main and think it would help a lot of areas

Can definitely agree on the last one. There's no rational argument for criminalising these substances.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:08 - Jun 16 with 3385 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

If you smoke it every day it is the cause of the stress... hence smoking it every day to 'de-stress'. Like any drug, you need it every day to put yourself back on an even keel
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:36 - Jun 16 with 3359 viewsBrixtonBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:08 - Jun 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

If you smoke it every day it is the cause of the stress... hence smoking it every day to 'de-stress'. Like any drug, you need it every day to put yourself back on an even keel

You make very blanket statements on subjects you know a bit, but not quite enough, about.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:51 - Jun 16 with 3336 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:02 - Jun 16 by Lord_Lucan

No.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:56 - Jun 16 with 3327 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 12:27 - Jun 16 by FrowsyArmLarry

There isn’t categoric proof that steroid use affects behaviour either Callis, so you can discount that comparison.

Actually there's quite a lot of scientific evidence to show that there is a link between steroid use and aggressive behaviour.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:06 - Jun 16 with 3306 viewsbrogansnose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 17:56 - Jun 16 by Herbivore

Actually there's quite a lot of scientific evidence to show that there is a link between steroid use and aggressive behaviour.

Quite frankly, banging up your testoterone levels will result in increased aggressive behaviour. In my experience people that I've worked with and used it have became very aggressive at the drop of a hat.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:15 - Jun 16 with 3288 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:06 - Jun 16 by brogansnose

Quite frankly, banging up your testoterone levels will result in increased aggressive behaviour. In my experience people that I've worked with and used it have became very aggressive at the drop of a hat.

I would agree but, playing devils advocate, it may just be that agressive people use steroids to bulk up.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:15 - Jun 16 with 3287 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:06 - Jun 16 by brogansnose

What about if they didnt wear a hat?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:19 - Jun 16 with 3270 viewsbrogansnose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:15 - Jun 16 by Benters2

What about if they didnt wear a hat?

Hats are trouble.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:22 - Jun 16 with 3263 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 18:19 - Jun 16 by brogansnose

Hats are trouble.

Indeed my friend x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024