Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. 20:18 - Jun 13 with 74714 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:51 - Jun 18 with 3162 viewstcblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:19 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

A significant counter-argument I often hear to this is "I grow my own" which might be fair enough, I haven't thought about that much, but the vast vast majority of tokers don't grow their own. Someone ITT earlier talked about waiting in car parks at dead of night for the dealer to arrive.

After reading this interesting thread and other similar arguments here and elsewhere I am now convinced that people *do* know the harm their habits case, and they don't care. I had hoped it might be true that they operate in ignorance. Ah well.

These are all arguments *for* legalisation and I don't know why you don't realise that.

I don't do anything harder than caffeine, and have no horse in this race, but if you are a drinker or smoker on this thread and have issues with marijuana - or in fact any other drug to an extent - then the only difference in any of your arguments is one of legality.

The supply of all drugs causes suffering - not least smokes and drink
The over-indulgence of all drugs causes suffering and drains on the NHS - ditto

I don't understand personally why anyone does any of them, but I also don't understand why some are legal and others aren't - when the damages are, at worst, in parity and the illegality is where a HUGE amount of the dangers and harm comes from.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 18 with 3148 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:51 - Jun 18 by tcblue

These are all arguments *for* legalisation and I don't know why you don't realise that.

I don't do anything harder than caffeine, and have no horse in this race, but if you are a drinker or smoker on this thread and have issues with marijuana - or in fact any other drug to an extent - then the only difference in any of your arguments is one of legality.

The supply of all drugs causes suffering - not least smokes and drink
The over-indulgence of all drugs causes suffering and drains on the NHS - ditto

I don't understand personally why anyone does any of them, but I also don't understand why some are legal and others aren't - when the damages are, at worst, in parity and the illegality is where a HUGE amount of the dangers and harm comes from.

Do you think that alcohol and smoking are a nett bad for society? If so, why would you want to *add to that problem* by legalising everything?

I don't want to make fags and booze illegal. I just want very harmful illegal drugs to *stay illegal* and for people to realise what they are doing when they buy them.

Relativism is such a broke argument.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:06 - Jun 18 with 3135 viewsnoggin

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

Do you think that alcohol and smoking are a nett bad for society? If so, why would you want to *add to that problem* by legalising everything?

I don't want to make fags and booze illegal. I just want very harmful illegal drugs to *stay illegal* and for people to realise what they are doing when they buy them.

"Relativism is such a broke argument"

As is, everybody should stop doing drugs because it's illegal.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:11 - Jun 18 with 3125 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:06 - Jun 18 by noggin

"Relativism is such a broke argument"

As is, everybody should stop doing drugs because it's illegal.

My god my god, once again, no, everyone should stop doing drugs because it directly contributes to children killing each other on our streets among many other bad things. Why is this simple point making so many otherwise-intelligent people so animated?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:13 - Jun 18 with 3120 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 11:50 - Jun 18 by monytowbray

Who’s on drugs?

Sorry I thought you were like me liked to dabble now and again?

Or are we going for Saint Callis on this thread?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:17 - Jun 18 with 3118 viewsnoggin

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:11 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

My god my god, once again, no, everyone should stop doing drugs because it directly contributes to children killing each other on our streets among many other bad things. Why is this simple point making so many otherwise-intelligent people so animated?

Those kids wouldn't be killing each other over drugs if the drugs were legal.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:26 - Jun 18 with 3106 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:17 - Jun 18 by noggin

Those kids wouldn't be killing each other over drugs if the drugs were legal.

There is no way to *know* this, it's just an opinion. It would depend on so many many things and directly implies there would be no black or grey market for drugs if they were legalised. What we do *know* is the selfish stupid people who fund drug dealers are responsible for chaos and murders on our streets and I'd like them to stop.

But hey maybe you're right and we should legalise it all. Let our sons and daughters and aunts and uncles and grand parents and the mentally infirm go get an 1/8th in Boots anytime they want and see how things play out. I wonder what the downsides might be.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:30 - Jun 18 with 3098 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:26 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

There is no way to *know* this, it's just an opinion. It would depend on so many many things and directly implies there would be no black or grey market for drugs if they were legalised. What we do *know* is the selfish stupid people who fund drug dealers are responsible for chaos and murders on our streets and I'd like them to stop.

But hey maybe you're right and we should legalise it all. Let our sons and daughters and aunts and uncles and grand parents and the mentally infirm go get an 1/8th in Boots anytime they want and see how things play out. I wonder what the downsides might be.

Boots often do a 2 for 1 offer that would be happy 😃
Login to get fewer ads

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:38 - Jun 18 with 3095 viewstcblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 13:58 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

It isn't a broke argument if it shows an equality.

What I think is 'bad' or not for other people seems a bizarre irrelevance. I don't like any of it, what I find odd is that there's a two tier system and, again looking in, it doesn't seem to be based on any logical "harm" factor.

Reading this, it seems you believe that marijuana is more harmful than alcohol. Is that so? And if so - why? Because, again, the argument you put forth so far is largely from a market of supply being driven due to the illegality.

So, all things being equal, say tomorrow you have to decide to make either alcohol or marijuana possession illegal, based on personal harm from usage. Which do you do?
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:39 - Jun 18 with 3094 viewsnoggin

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:26 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

Does Boots do home delivery like a lot of drug dealers do?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:41 - Jun 18 with 3091 viewsBackToRussia

Moron

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:42 - Jun 18 with 3089 viewsSpruceMoose

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:41 - Jun 18 by BackToRussia

Moron

You might need to be clearer, I'm not sure he'll get how you really feel from that comment!
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 14:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:44 - Jun 18 with 3083 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:38 - Jun 18 by tcblue

It isn't a broke argument if it shows an equality.

What I think is 'bad' or not for other people seems a bizarre irrelevance. I don't like any of it, what I find odd is that there's a two tier system and, again looking in, it doesn't seem to be based on any logical "harm" factor.

Reading this, it seems you believe that marijuana is more harmful than alcohol. Is that so? And if so - why? Because, again, the argument you put forth so far is largely from a market of supply being driven due to the illegality.

So, all things being equal, say tomorrow you have to decide to make either alcohol or marijuana possession illegal, based on personal harm from usage. Which do you do?

I dont do rhetorical arguments sorry. I don't see the point when our dystopian reality is bad enough as it is and there is plenty of reality to talk about. Booze and fags are legal and that particular genie is out. But I will say that not knowing if marijuana is worse for you than booze is definitely not an argument for legalising it, although it is pretty much legal in many parts of the country already.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:44 - Jun 18 with 3080 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:41 - Jun 18 by BackToRussia

Moron

How clever.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:46 - Jun 18 with 3077 viewsBackToRussia

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:44 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

How clever.

Succinct anyway

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:29 - Jun 18 with 3048 viewstcblue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:44 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

I dont do rhetorical arguments sorry. I don't see the point when our dystopian reality is bad enough as it is and there is plenty of reality to talk about. Booze and fags are legal and that particular genie is out. But I will say that not knowing if marijuana is worse for you than booze is definitely not an argument for legalising it, although it is pretty much legal in many parts of the country already.

Good grief.

Have a good day.
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:34 - Jun 18 with 3040 viewsjeera

I think you have a point and there are wider implications about making it legal and so widely available; there may be a dangerous amount of people driving whilst under the influence, people who maybe wouldn't normally entertain it and can't handle it.

There might be a large part of a generation making ridiculous mistakes and thinking it's cool to get nutted all the time because of the novelty. You'd like to think maybe over time it would even itself out and there could be long-term gains. Dunno.

But humankind has always looked for ways to get off its face. It just has. Some quite innovative.

And some animals too.

It seems to be in us and part of our make-up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:48 - Jun 18 with 3025 viewschicoazul

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:34 - Jun 18 by jeera

I think you have a point and there are wider implications about making it legal and so widely available; there may be a dangerous amount of people driving whilst under the influence, people who maybe wouldn't normally entertain it and can't handle it.

There might be a large part of a generation making ridiculous mistakes and thinking it's cool to get nutted all the time because of the novelty. You'd like to think maybe over time it would even itself out and there could be long-term gains. Dunno.

But humankind has always looked for ways to get off its face. It just has. Some quite innovative.

And some animals too.

I agree with everything you said.

Young people and some older people like to get stupefied, and the majority who do are almost definitely not addicted to whatever substance it is. That's normal human behaviour and I appreciate that will probably never change and that's probably a good thing as when you're young you should push the boundaries.

So, we have to have laws in place to discourage it and to penalise people who go too far to show an example.

If nobody drove drunk just as a for instance then there may be a stronger argument for complete legalisation. Sadly...

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:00 - Jun 18 with 3012 viewsmonytowbray

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 14:13 - Jun 18 by Benters2

Sorry I thought you were like me liked to dabble now and again?

Or are we going for Saint Callis on this thread?

Experimenting in the past with recreational drugs and never touching anything too heavy (which I have been open about, my y00f was fun) is quite different to the blanket statement of "on drugs" which would suggest I am an addict.

It's okay for people who have anonymous usernames on here to say what they want, but seeing as I post under my real name on here I think what you've just posted and accused me of is bang out of order really.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 16:01]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:11 - Jun 18 with 2997 viewsBenters2

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:00 - Jun 18 by monytowbray

Experimenting in the past with recreational drugs and never touching anything too heavy (which I have been open about, my y00f was fun) is quite different to the blanket statement of "on drugs" which would suggest I am an addict.

It's okay for people who have anonymous usernames on here to say what they want, but seeing as I post under my real name on here I think what you've just posted and accused me of is bang out of order really.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 16:01]

Dont let it bother you too much,i will buy you a pint the next game i see you at and we can have a cuddle if you like x

It was tongue in cheek,and if ive upset you im sorry x
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 16:28 - Jun 18 with 2986 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:34 - Jun 18 by jeera

And some animals too.

Ahh.... the days when a skinning up tray was the most important piece of equipment in the car
Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:55 - Jun 18 with 2894 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 15:48 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

I agree with everything you said.

Young people and some older people like to get stupefied, and the majority who do are almost definitely not addicted to whatever substance it is. That's normal human behaviour and I appreciate that will probably never change and that's probably a good thing as when you're young you should push the boundaries.

So, we have to have laws in place to discourage it and to penalise people who go too far to show an example.

If nobody drove drunk just as a for instance then there may be a stronger argument for complete legalisation. Sadly...

We have to have laws to discourage people having fun?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:04 - Jun 18 with 2889 viewsStokieBlue

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 22:55 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

We have to have laws to discourage people having fun?

To be fair to him that's not really what he said.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:11 - Jun 18 with 2882 viewsHerbivore

Another stabbing apparently - Ravenswood McDonalds. on 23:04 - Jun 18 by StokieBlue

To be fair to him that's not really what he said.

SB

Isn't it? It's not all he said but it's part of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024