Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard... 11:31 - Jun 18 with 2781 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

....I know that you can do lots of things remotely, but I wouldn't be overly happy as a Derby fan seeing Lampard prioritising his punditry work. I assume hes out there for the whole tournament?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lampard... on 11:34 - Jun 18 with 2751 viewsSwansea_Blue

Normally clubs don't report back for training until the start of July, so I wouldn't see it being a major problem. Probably not ideal, but manageable I'd have thought.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lampard... on 11:36 - Jun 18 with 2732 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed, yes you can do lots remotely but really with being his first managerial job you think he’d be keen to be in and around the club and so forth. It looks like Derby’s pre season training starts in a couple of weeks so perhaps not as much of an issue until then but if he’s absent from that due to being at the World Cup that would be fairly embarrassing I’d say

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lampard... on 11:39 - Jun 18 with 2715 viewsBurwell_Blue

You can program a network remotely, you can arrange staff shift patterns remotely, what you can't do is man manage, build spirit or put an arm around players without actually being in the building.

Doesn't bode well for a good start.
Lampard... on 11:42 - Jun 18 with 2692 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lampard... on 11:39 - Jun 18 by Burwell_Blue

You can program a network remotely, you can arrange staff shift patterns remotely, what you can't do is man manage, build spirit or put an arm around players without actually being in the building.

Doesn't bode well for a good start.

You can't man manage, build spirit or put an arm around players when THEY are not in the building either. Nobody from the playing side will be at Derby at the moment. They won't be back for another 2-3 weeks.

Lampard... on 11:57 - Jun 18 with 2630 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lampard... on 11:34 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

Normally clubs don't report back for training until the start of July, so I wouldn't see it being a major problem. Probably not ideal, but manageable I'd have thought.

Being a manager isnt just about training the players, its about building and bonding your coaching team, planning your strategy for the season ahead including fitness, training, transfers etc.

There is loads he could be busy doing in the absence of his players.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lampard... on 12:02 - Jun 18 with 2584 viewsKeno

Lampard... on 11:57 - Jun 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Being a manager isnt just about training the players, its about building and bonding your coaching team, planning your strategy for the season ahead including fitness, training, transfers etc.

Yes but Hurst has been here 3 hours and whats he done!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lampard... on 12:05 - Jun 18 with 2569 viewsOldsmoker

Lampard... on 12:02 - Jun 18 by Keno

Yes but Hurst has been here 3 hours and whats he done!!

He walked on water first thing then turned it into wine.
What a guy.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Lampard... on 12:11 - Jun 18 with 2540 viewsBurwell_Blue

Lampard... on 11:42 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

You can't man manage, build spirit or put an arm around players when THEY are not in the building either. Nobody from the playing side will be at Derby at the moment. They won't be back for another 2-3 weeks.

Our players are back Monday, you clearly know a) when Derby players will be back and b) How long England will last at the WC.
Login to get fewer ads

Lampard... on 12:13 - Jun 18 with 2535 viewsFixed_It

Lampard... on 11:42 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

You can sign John Terry apparently - and he'll sign for almost nothing*...

*almost nothing = a lot more than anyone on here is paid by the way.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Lampard... on 12:36 - Jun 18 with 2419 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lampard... on 12:11 - Jun 18 by Burwell_Blue

Our players are back Monday, you clearly know a) when Derby players will be back and b) How long England will last at the WC.

"End of June" according to Derby's website. I've no idea when Lampard will be back. So manageable, if not ideal.

But it's Derby - why do any of us care? If they have a slower start than they could otherwise have had, good news for us.

Lampard... on 12:49 - Jun 18 with 2362 viewsPlums

Lampard... on 11:57 - Jun 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have you spent an extended period of time in Derby? He's taken the wise option.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lampard... on 13:00 - Jun 18 with 2315 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lampard... on 12:49 - Jun 18 by Plums

Have you spent an extended period of time in Derby? He's taken the wise option.

Actually I seem to recall being there on the day keegan resigned from England.

Bottles were being thrown in the pub, and later i saw someone get kicked in the head while on the floor.

I think youre right!!

Lampard... on 13:48 - Jun 18 with 2178 viewsVaughan8

Surely being new to management and all that, you would have thought he would be putting in a bit of extra work.

I suppose this all must have been agreed with Derby so they must think its OK.

I don't think now is a problem as everyone is away etc, but come start of July, I would think he should be going back to Derby? Maybe he will and just fly out for punditry duties.
Lampard... on 14:16 - Jun 18 with 2118 viewsconnorscontract

Lampard... on 12:05 - Jun 18 by Oldsmoker

He walked on water first thing then turned it into wine.
What a guy.

Paul Hurst is Noel Fielding?????!!!!!?????

Lampard... on 14:22 - Jun 18 with 2107 viewsNo9

He may be out of work in a few weeks time, the bloke is entitled to earn a living
Lampard... on 15:39 - Jun 18 with 2021 viewsOldsmoker

Lampard... on 14:16 - Jun 18 by connorscontract

Paul Hurst is Noel Fielding?????!!!!!?????

Nice link. Love Taskmaster.
With his hair Hurst is more like Noel than a Lizard or Jesus but if he fails he'll get crucified.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024