Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
09:12 - Jun 29 with 8945 views_

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 4016 viewsmonytowbray

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:41 - Jun 29 by J2BLUE

Tackling the big issues.

These are big issues though.

Most discrimination isn't some kind of out-and-out "concentration camps and lynch gangs" affair where it's clearly a black-and-white obvious issue. It's lots of little things in society that add up to influence a wider mind set, and also something many are subjected to throughout life without even being aware as it's seen as socially acceptable and never questioned.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:47 - Jun 29 with 4000 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:38 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

"Personally I don't think women should be allowed to vote. 99.9% of their political opinions are annoying and it would be weird to not see only men in the polling booths. That's not sexist, that's just my personal opinion."

At what point did cundy or anyone claim that womens opinions were annoying?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 3988 viewschicoazul

The ongoing commentary about football commentary is very annoying. The mute button is right there.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 3993 viewsmonytowbray

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:47 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

At what point did cundy or anyone claim that womens opinions were annoying?

i'm reframing your point to show how it's sexist.

TWTD never forgets…

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:53 - Jun 29 with 3984 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:51 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

i'm reframing your point to show how it's sexist.

of course it would be when you change all the words

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 12:00 - Jun 29 with 3969 viewsmonytowbray

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:53 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

of course it would be when you change all the words

The opinion is the same, the context has changed.

It's similar to the "Change what you said about a race/religion and apply it to Jewish people, if it sounds like something Hitler would say it's probably racist" challenge.

TWTD never forgets…

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 12:05 - Jun 29 with 3964 viewsFrimleyBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 12:00 - Jun 29 by monytowbray

The opinion is the same, the context has changed.

It's similar to the "Change what you said about a race/religion and apply it to Jewish people, if it sounds like something Hitler would say it's probably racist" challenge.

But my opinion is that I'm happy for 100% of women to vote and use booths as It doesn't effect my enjoyment of watching football on tv

Waka waka eh eh

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 12:08 - Jun 29 with 3954 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 11:30 - Jun 29 by BrixtonBlue

Does it ANGER you though, that some women want to be shown in a non-sexual light as football supporters? The best I can raise is a mild shrug. Good for them if it cheers them up.

I’d slam all of them..... even the old one with grey teeth.
Login to get fewer ads

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 13:03 - Jun 29 with 3910 viewsBrixtonBlue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 12:08 - Jun 29 by FrowsyArmLarry

I’d slam all of them..... even the old one with grey teeth.

What Mark Lawrenson?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:11 - Jun 29 with 3866 viewsjeera

I wonder if there's a chance this will catch on here:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:15 - Jun 29 with 3862 viewsbrazil1982

I'd rather see the beautiful faces to be honest....
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:30 - Jun 29 with 3853 viewsRadlett_blue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:49 - Jun 29 by tcblue

So you find all women's voices irritating, but that's not sexist because you find one bloke's voices irritating too?

I don't know where you're going with this

No, I have found women's voices irritating when they are commentating on football. I also can find them irritating when they are talking very loudly into their mobile phones on trains, for example. The reason I find them more irritating is that the pitch is higher & therefore the sound is more invasive than a man talking at the same volume.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:43 - Jun 29 with 3845 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:11 - Jun 29 by jeera

I hope so.......consider me nicked if it does.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:50 - Jun 29 with 3831 viewschicoazul

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:11 - Jun 29 by jeera

I haven't seen so many 3/10's in one place since the last time I sat in the Upper North.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:53 - Jun 29 with 3828 viewsDanFord

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:54 - Jun 29 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure where you're going with your question

to give my option
Find 99.9% of female voices to high pitched for football commentary.
You have the odd ones with a lower tone which are ok, Gabby, Claire etc.
Should women be stopped commentating, no as you can't discriminate. Would it lower my enjoyment when watching a game on tv, yes. But that's life.

This whole sexist bolloks is getting rediculous

Absolutely agree. Are women as capable of commentating as men? Absolutely. Does it mean that everyone has to like their voices as much as mens? No. I mean Brocolli is just as good as carrots or peas or sweetcorn but I am allowed to pick which ones I like and want to eat. Just like I can choose which voices irritate me. To be honest of the female commentators I have heard, some have annoyed me and some haven't. Same with men. Can't stand Jonathan Pearce or Clive Tyldsley. What I find irritating about them isn't whether they are a man or a woman. It'll be something about how they pronounce things. When you consider every football commentator they have already been 'selected' for what they think will most widely appeal. Every commentator seems to be southern and from the M25 catchment area. Can you think of a single commentator that sounds like they are from Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham or Bristol? For some reason blokes can be selected based on they sound and this is fine, but because it's un PC you can't have a view on female voices, which are different.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:53 - Jun 29 with 3827 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:50 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

I haven't seen so many 3/10's in one place since the last time I sat in the Upper North.

You need to have your cataracts operated on young man (person).

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 15:05 - Jun 29 with 3809 viewsgiant_stow

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:50 - Jun 29 by chicoazul

harsh!!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 15:33 - Jun 29 with 3780 viewsBlue_Order

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:15 - Jun 29 by brazil1982

I'd rather see the beautiful faces to be honest....

I’ve just googled ‘female football fan’ and we’re still free of any munters 👍
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 22:46 - Jun 29 with 3706 viewsjeera

Very good.

And a bit brave to boot.

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 00:25 - Jun 30 with 3669 viewsJ2BLUE

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 22:46 - Jun 29 by jeera

Very good.

And a bit brave to boot.

He'll be appropriately reprimanded soon no doubt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 00:37 - Jun 30 with 3658 viewsjeera

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 00:25 - Jun 30 by J2BLUE

He'll be appropriately reprimanded soon no doubt.

I'm assuming sarcasm on his part.

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:27 - Jun 30 with 3605 viewsExiled_Blue

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 14:53 - Jun 29 by DanFord

Absolutely agree. Are women as capable of commentating as men? Absolutely. Does it mean that everyone has to like their voices as much as mens? No. I mean Brocolli is just as good as carrots or peas or sweetcorn but I am allowed to pick which ones I like and want to eat. Just like I can choose which voices irritate me. To be honest of the female commentators I have heard, some have annoyed me and some haven't. Same with men. Can't stand Jonathan Pearce or Clive Tyldsley. What I find irritating about them isn't whether they are a man or a woman. It'll be something about how they pronounce things. When you consider every football commentator they have already been 'selected' for what they think will most widely appeal. Every commentator seems to be southern and from the M25 catchment area. Can you think of a single commentator that sounds like they are from Newcastle, Liverpool, Birmingham or Bristol? For some reason blokes can be selected based on they sound and this is fine, but because it's un PC you can't have a view on female voices, which are different.

What about people who prefer listening to women's voices rather than men's? In your world they don't get ever get their preference.

With regard to your second point, John Murray and Conor McNamara are two of the best commentators around and neither of them have a home counties accent.
This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:41 - Jun 30 with 3603 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Jesus this is tedious. Do you go around looking for a pat on the back at work too?

Identity politics is this generations obsession.

BOT

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 10:14 - Jun 30 with 3593 viewsJ2BLUE

This will anger up the Jason Cundy defence league this morning... on 09:41 - Jun 30 by BorisOrTrevor

Jesus this is tedious. Do you go around looking for a pat on the back at work too?

Identity politics is this generations obsession.

Pat on the back? He'd have a sexual harassment grievance filed with HR within 5 minutes

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024