Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of 18:11 - Jul 10 with 1726 viewsGlasgowBlue

The World Cup.

Who would your choice be?

I'm going for Belgium. They have the pressure of the "Golden Genration" tag whereas France have been there and done it before.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:19 - Jul 10 with 1708 viewsJ2BLUE

If we get to the final I want France. I think Belgium are the better side and could punish us.

I think a meaningful game between Belgium and England is written in the stars.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:19 - Jul 10 with 1707 viewsBenters2

I think Belgium will win tonight but id prefer France in the final.
In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:20 - Jul 10 with 1700 viewsLuk38644

I'd prefer Belgium as I think they've looked vulnerable at the back against teams that attack them. Look at Japan, they had them on the ropes because they ran at them.

France have looked turgid this tournament but seem to grind out results, and that's a team I want us to avoid - We need a team that can be open at the back.
In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:32 - Jul 10 with 1660 viewsSkuse4ballondor

I'd prefer Belgium. So many of their team play in the prem that it would be like a premier league game which would give us more confidence as the players would feel they could beat them as they are really just their teammates. Coming up against the likes of Mbappe and Griezmann England might feel more intimidated by opposition they haven't faced.
In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:57 - Jul 10 with 1634 viewsGlasgowBlue

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:19 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

If we get to the final I want France. I think Belgium are the better side and could punish us.

I think a meaningful game between Belgium and England is written in the stars.

As well as Martinez has done in this WC, Deschamps is a vastly experienced and canny international manager.

Southgate v Martinez is more evenly matched and the winner of the WC could well come down to tactical decisions.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 18:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 18:58 - Jul 10 with 1633 viewsSwansea_Blue

France will make the final. Def info.

I have no preference as this WC has turned everything on it’s head. I don’t think there’s much between the final 4 at all. We’ve looked really solid, but there is a question mark over whether that’s because the oppo were weak. But Sweden were having a good tournament and we we largely coasted through that game.

Croatia won’t be easy. They’ve been a bit of a mixed bag - fantastic at their best, but off the boil last two games. What they do have is the mental strength of going through the mill and coming out the other end. But they also looked absolutely fecked against Russia.

I can’t call it, but if I had to I’d say France v England final. But it could easily be any permutation. Most open WC I can remember.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 19:14 - Jul 10 with 1612 viewsBlueBadger

I'd prefer Belgium on the grounds that if the unthinkable happens, I'd much rather lose to them than France.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 19:15]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 19:14 - Jul 10 with 1610 viewsIllinoisblue

doesn't matter; it's coming home either way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 19:24 - Jul 10 with 1597 viewsNewcyBlue

I am currently ashore in the Seaman's Mission in Gothenburg watching the match, having a cold Pepsi, and nursing sore testicles (I borrowed a bike to cycle to a Thai restaurant).

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 19:35 - Jul 10 with 1583 viewsMrTown

Would hate to play Belgium, for all of Frances top quality players there is no one quite like Hazard, a scary footballer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 20:18 - Jul 10 with 1542 viewsFtnfwest

We have to earn the right first but if I had to choose it would be France. Belgium just look too strong and know us too well as well. They’re still in this but I just think mentally we’d have a slightly better chance against France.
In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 20:27 - Jul 10 with 1517 viewsclive_baker

When you say been there and done it before, none of the France squad have a World Cup winners medal. Nor have any of them ever played in a WC final. I’m not really sure their 1998 win is a huge amount more relevant than our 1966 win.

Personally I would think France and Belgium are much of a muchness. We’ll be underdogs against either but on our day could win. I would say we should be more concerned about Croatia tomorrow than worrying about a final yet. They’re the best team we’ve met thus far and more than capable of blowing us away if we’re complacent or have half an eye beyond the semi.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 20:30 - Jul 10 with 1508 viewsgt81

Obviously, Croatia will be a stern challenge but on the assumption that we do the business, I think I'd rather Belgium, especially looking at how this game is going.

Good as Belgium are there have been chinks in the armour. The organisation of France means that if we play slow and ponderous like we did at the beginning of the Sweden game we'd struggle to break France down. But who knows. We still don't appear to have peaked yet.
In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 20:40 - Jul 10 with 1484 viewsgt81

In a few hours time we will know who England are playing against in the Final of on 20:30 - Jul 10 by gt81

Obviously, Croatia will be a stern challenge but on the assumption that we do the business, I think I'd rather Belgium, especially looking at how this game is going.

Good as Belgium are there have been chinks in the armour. The organisation of France means that if we play slow and ponderous like we did at the beginning of the Sweden game we'd struggle to break France down. But who knows. We still don't appear to have peaked yet.

Mind you, having looked back at previous results, France haven't scored many goals throughout the tournament, so take your pick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024