Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't we still need a right back?! 11:30 - Jul 25 with 1987 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not sure why we are trying to buy another left back, Knudsen/Kenlock perfectly able to cover that role between them, not so sure about Spence/Emmanuel though!

Massive bonus is the form of Woolfenden, both end of last season and this pre-season, looks like he can make the step up, no problem. So although we clearly need another body in at CB, I'd still say RB is the priority!

RIP Sir Bobby

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:32 - Jul 25 with 1974 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm not sure why people say 'Not sure why we are trying to buy another left back'. Quite clearly Hurst feels that neither Kenlock or Knudsen are good enough, regardless of what us supporters think, and Townsend will be an improvement on both of them (especially as he's someone that he has already worked with in the past).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:34 - Jul 25 with 1958 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Two possibilities:

1 We are trying to get both.
2 Hurst thinks Emmanuel/Spence/Knudsen switching/Chambers is enough for that position but does not rate Knudsen and Kenlock as enough for the season at left back.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 1936 viewsITFC_Forever

Townsend is right-footed, but plays at LB, so you'd think he can play either role.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 1935 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:32 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

I'm not sure why people say 'Not sure why we are trying to buy another left back'. Quite clearly Hurst feels that neither Kenlock or Knudsen are good enough, regardless of what us supporters think, and Townsend will be an improvement on both of them (especially as he's someone that he has already worked with in the past).

How can he think Knudsen isn't good enough if he hadn't seen him play at the point he made the bid for Townsend?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:36 - Jul 25 with 1934 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:32 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

Or he feels Knudsen is good enough but wants him as CB or recognises the need for two players in each position. Possibly shows he does not rate Kenlock but I suspect he might see Knudsen as CB and cover for full backs if needed with Kenlock as nothing more than cover at best.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:37 - Jul 25 with 1929 viewsBrianTablet

We are sticking to our tactic of 'shuffle everyone across to the right a little and we'll get away without a right back'.

It's worked for the past ten years

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:38 - Jul 25 with 1923 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:36 - Jul 25 by CaptainObvious

How can he think Knudsen isn't good enough if he hadn't seen him play at the point he made the bid for Townsend?

Watching videos of the last couple of seasons?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:40 - Jul 25 with 1909 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:38 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

Watching videos of the last couple of seasons?

So his point about what players have done previously counting for nothing was a complete lie?

Login to get fewer ads

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:45 - Jul 25 with 1867 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:40 - Jul 25 by CaptainObvious

So his point about what players have done previously counting for nothing was a complete lie?

God knows, but there is clearly a reason why he is trying to sign another left back. As I say, he either thinks the 2 he currently has aren't good enough, or he views Knudsen as a centre back. I can't think of many teams over the years carrying 3 left backs just for that position.

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:47 - Jul 25 with 1851 viewschicoazul

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:36 - Jul 25 by ITFC_Forever

Townsend is right-footed, but plays at LB, so you'd think he can play either role.

Same as Kane Vincent Young.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:48 - Jul 25 with 1842 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:47 - Jul 25 by chicoazul

Same as Kane Vincent Young.

Scored for Col U against Millwall last night.

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:50 - Jul 25 with 1829 viewsTIB

Gutsy to take free kicks with your weaker foot

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:53 - Jul 25 with 1808 viewsitfcjoe

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:50 - Jul 25 by TIB

Gutsy to take free kicks with your weaker foot

The new Andreas Brehme....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:54 - Jul 25 with 1803 viewscaptainfantastic

He s left footed

Poll: player of the season so far?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:56 - Jul 25 with 1783 viewsCaptainObvious

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:45 - Jul 25 by Kieran_Knows

God knows, but there is clearly a reason why he is trying to sign another left back. As I say, he either thinks the 2 he currently has aren't good enough, or he views Knudsen as a centre back. I can't think of many teams over the years carrying 3 left backs just for that position.

Sure it's a bit of a mystery, but the reason is not that he thinks Knudsen isn't good enough.

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:57 - Jul 25 with 1774 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:56 - Jul 25 by CaptainObvious

Sure it's a bit of a mystery, but the reason is not that he thinks Knudsen isn't good enough.

I'm sure if Townsend does sign, all will become apparent.

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:59 - Jul 25 with 1759 viewsTIB

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:53 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

The new Andreas Brehme....

Potentially. Do we think this could be what Hurst is thinking? Townsend at RB and on set piece duty?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Don't we still need a right back?! on 12:01 - Jul 25 with 1746 viewsITFC_Forever

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:54 - Jul 25 by captainfantastic

He s left footed

I'm sure I read something from Phil the other day saying he's right-footed?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Don't we still need a right back?! on 12:01 - Jul 25 with 1746 viewsitfcjoe

Don't we still need a right back?! on 11:59 - Jul 25 by TIB

Potentially. Do we think this could be what Hurst is thinking? Townsend at RB and on set piece duty?

I just think the info he is right footed is duff info to be honest.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024