Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... 12:59 - Jul 30 with 3182 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Looking at moving away from a contract phone and getting a sim only deal!

I would then be looking for a decent Android phone and have been looking at Huawei, Xiaomi, ASUS , Oneplus & Cubot as they have excellent specs at much more affordable prices compared to Samsung, etc.

Does anyone have experience of any of these phones and best place to purchase, pro's & cons?

Poll: Will Ipswich be relegated this season?

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:02 - Jul 30 with 3174 viewshype313

I did the same and got a Oneplus 5T, far cheaper monthly, One plus 6 isn't too much dearer, but can't see the point updating as there is very little diff between the two.

The Huawei are great phones too, camera is excellent.

Either way, get out of contracts, unless you are a Fanboy and need two years to pay for a £1000 handset.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 13:07]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 3147 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:02 - Jul 30 by hype313

I did the same and got a Oneplus 5T, far cheaper monthly, One plus 6 isn't too much dearer, but can't see the point updating as there is very little diff between the two.

The Huawei are great phones too, camera is excellent.

Either way, get out of contracts, unless you are a Fanboy and need two years to pay for a £1000 handset.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 13:07]

Where did you purchase from?

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 3146 viewsrapier

I've been using the Xiaomi mia1 for a while now and have to say to a very good phone for the price, switched from iphone and have had no problems at all.
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 3126 viewsBeattie78

Article from Saturday's Guardian may interest you

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jul/28/why-spend-1000-on-a-smartphone-whe

LexdenBlue62

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:21 - Jul 30 with 3119 viewshype313

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:12 - Jul 30 by BlacknGoldnBlue

Where did you purchase from?

I bought mine direct from Oneplus.

To be honest there are so many people who have phones for 3 months and then change as they constantly want the latest handsets, you would be minded to have a look on ebay for second hand ones, they are generally in mint condition.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:33 - Jul 30 with 3092 viewsNewcyBlue

I’ve had an ASUS and a Chinese Lenovo.

Both very good, but the build quality was quite poor. I did buy really quite cheap ones though. So you really do get what you pay for.

Probably doesn’t help that I subject them to quite harsh environments when on board.

I bought an iPhone 6S last year. I have to say, it’s very reliable, performs well, and I have had no issues with it even after it went in the bath. Although i do have it in an Otterbox case.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:33 - Jul 30 with 3091 viewsRMJSITFC

I’ve had a oneplus 5 for nearly a year. Specs match any of the high end phones on the market for half the cost. My other half, parents, boss and couple of friends have all gotten one since and don’t have a bad word to say.

The camera is the downside. It’s very good but not on level with the betwr known brands or the p20. My last handsets have been s6 edge iPhone 7 and I was gutted to be spending so much on something so disappointing.

02 store stock the oneplus. My friend went in to buy one and all the staff had one as their personal phones, however they are £30 more in store than online, and require £10 top up. But I’d you but online it’s free near day delivery.
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 14:40 - Jul 30 with 3039 viewsBurwell_Blue

Been Sim-free for four years now, best move I ever made.

Put your new handset (making sure it’s future proof and will tick all the boxes for you for some time to come) on an interest free credit card and commit to paying it off.

I looked at replacing my 3yr old 6s with an 8 just yesterday and things just haven’t moved on sufficently for me to move from my £22 unlimited everything SIM only deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:06 - Jul 30 with 2991 viewsslump

I honestly don't understand why people spend so much on smartphones. I got a Moto G in 2013 and replaced it with an albeit slightly inferior Moto G5 now Lenovo not Motorola dual SIM last year.

Oh yeah and... GiffGaff are great!

UTT

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:06 - Jul 30 with 2988 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm sure the Chinese government will be grateful for your purchase, and won't track and listen to you at all. Still, makes a change from the American's doing I guess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:27 - Jul 30 with 2959 viewsTHAILAND_BLUE

Not sure if they're available in the UK but I've had an Asus ZenFone 3 for nearly a year now and I'm well impressed with it. I think the model is a ZE520KL. I paid just over £100 for it in Thailand and it's dual SIM and unlocked. It has brilliant spec and is easily as good as my old HTC M9. Also runs off Android 8.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 15:52]
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:39 - Jul 30 with 2920 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 13:33 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

I’ve had an ASUS and a Chinese Lenovo.

Both very good, but the build quality was quite poor. I did buy really quite cheap ones though. So you really do get what you pay for.

Probably doesn’t help that I subject them to quite harsh environments when on board.

I bought an iPhone 6S last year. I have to say, it’s very reliable, performs well, and I have had no issues with it even after it went in the bath. Although i do have it in an Otterbox case.

I've just realised why that picture you sent me of that 'submarine' looks so wrong...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:55 - Jul 30 with 2892 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:39 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

I've just realised why that picture you sent me of that 'submarine' looks so wrong...

But oh so right!

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:57 - Jul 30 with 2887 viewsMullet

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:39 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Did he show you his Otterbox too?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:59 - Jul 30 with 2879 viewsblu_dru

Moto G6, should be under £200, you wont get better at that price
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 16:18 - Jul 30 with 2850 viewsNewcyBlue

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 15:57 - Jul 30 by Mullet

Did he show you his Otterbox too?

Nah, she is for my viewing pleasure only.

When I get home after 15 weeks at sea......

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 20:26 - Jul 30 with 2729 viewsFurrow

I have been buying phones from China through Aliexpress for about the last 8 or 9 years (last contract I has was a samsung 4) never had a bad phone all the latest whistles and bells. All worked straight out of the box and all under £150 delivered to my door. It has saved me a fortune over those years. last two have been Umidigi. One word of warning if you have it delivered by DHL epidited dlivery be aware that they will want import duty (as they call it) to release the delivery.
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 20:52 - Jul 30 with 2691 viewsSonOfSpock

I can't recommend Huawei highly enough. Am on my second phone by them and Mrs spock on her first. Good specs for the price compared to so called big brands.

They can't be that bad as they do a lot of work for BT and even have an office at Martlesham
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 20:54 - Jul 30 with 2687 viewslukey130490

Ive got the Huawei P20 Pro, and I can honestly say it is the best phone I have ever had. The camera is on a par with a cheap DSLR for me, especially once you master how to use Pro mode. You can also have up to a 30 second exposure, which is good.
I would recommend the phone to anyone. Ive got a few point and shoot pics on my instagram if you want to have a look, send me a pm.
It also has a battery life where you can go about a day and a half without charging with decent use, which in this day and age is good!
The only downside is they have followed suit with apple and done away with headphone port
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 2651 viewsagentp

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 20:54 - Jul 30 by lukey130490

Ive got the Huawei P20 Pro, and I can honestly say it is the best phone I have ever had. The camera is on a par with a cheap DSLR for me, especially once you master how to use Pro mode. You can also have up to a 30 second exposure, which is good.
I would recommend the phone to anyone. Ive got a few point and shoot pics on my instagram if you want to have a look, send me a pm.
It also has a battery life where you can go about a day and a half without charging with decent use, which in this day and age is good!
The only downside is they have followed suit with apple and done away with headphone port

Wife has just switched to a Huawei. She swear its way better than the I-phone. She was an I-phone fangirl and has had every new apple for the last 10 years or so.

We have both had multiple issues with I-phones over the last 3/4 years. Charging and running certain apps after updates. I have 12 months of contract left and keen to try something new and hopefully more reliable.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 21:39 - Jul 30 with 2624 viewsnorfsufblue

What i do find worrying is that since clicking on this thread and reading the posts all the adverts on this site are now selling the phone makes mentioned in the thhread! Anyone else noticed the same?
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 21:53 - Jul 30 with 2606 viewslukey130490

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 21:19 - Jul 30 by agentp

Wife has just switched to a Huawei. She swear its way better than the I-phone. She was an I-phone fangirl and has had every new apple for the last 10 years or so.

We have both had multiple issues with I-phones over the last 3/4 years. Charging and running certain apps after updates. I have 12 months of contract left and keen to try something new and hopefully more reliable.

technology based, moving from iphone to samsung, then samsung to huawei is the best technology decision I have made in my life.
Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 07:35 - Jul 31 with 2478 viewsBlacknGoldnBlue

Anyone have experience with cheaper import mobiles... on 20:26 - Jul 30 by Furrow

I have been buying phones from China through Aliexpress for about the last 8 or 9 years (last contract I has was a samsung 4) never had a bad phone all the latest whistles and bells. All worked straight out of the box and all under £150 delivered to my door. It has saved me a fortune over those years. last two have been Umidigi. One word of warning if you have it delivered by DHL epidited dlivery be aware that they will want import duty (as they call it) to release the delivery.

Thats good to hear. Now just got to find a competative priced phone with a great spec I like!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024