Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scapegoat update 20:40 - Jul 30 with 10168 viewsBluefish

There is a heavy push before the 1st game for Jordan Spence. Extra exaggeration shouty tactics being deployed to make sure he is the boo boy of choice for all numbskulls

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Scapegoat update on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 2723 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A new numbskuller identifies himself. Welcome "TheSelkirk".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Scapegoat update on 21:34 - Jul 30 with 2723 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 21:26 - Jul 30 by 2-5-7

Stirring for the sake of just stirring. Or reporting an actual fact which isn't relevant to supporting your, our team on the first day of the season. Just a bit...unproductive in general.

You understand that a reaction happens because of an action don't you? Mine was a reaction

Scapegoat update on 21:34 - Jul 30 with 2720 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 21:30 - Jul 30 by MattinLondon

If you look hard enough I’m sure you’ll find tweets or posts slamming most footballers in every club. But I think most fans are really looking forward to Saturday

Try it on the other names in our squad......I'll wait

Scapegoat update on 21:36 - Jul 30 with 2715 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 21:33 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

He has always been a proud member.

Scapegoat update on 21:48 - Jul 30 with 2694 viewsTheSelkirk

Scapegoat update on 21:33 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Oh dear - not able to dislike a post without being a numbskull then? That's quite sad really.

As is this desire for some to continue to stir up bad feeling between supporters. Ironically, these are often the same people who remind others that Mick has left and to "move on".

Grow up.
Scapegoat update on 21:50 - Jul 30 with 2690 viewsTheSelkirk

Scapegoat update on 21:36 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

He has always been a proud member.

You really do know absolutely nothing about me, but then I suspect ignorance has never stopped you reaching a judgement before.

Fine effort but really wasted on me.
Scapegoat update on 21:55 - Jul 30 with 2673 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Scapegoat update on 21:48 - Jul 30 by TheSelkirk

Oh dear - not able to dislike a post without being a numbskull then? That's quite sad really.

As is this desire for some to continue to stir up bad feeling between supporters. Ironically, these are often the same people who remind others that Mick has left and to "move on".

Grow up.

You are quite welcome to dislike posts.

To downvote each and every post that suggests booing these players is wrong is a strange thing to do unless you support that action.

That is what identifies you as a numbskull not the act of downvoting in and of itself.

Care to enlighten me on why you did downvote each of the 4-5 posts you chose to do so?

Scapegoat update on 22:02 - Jul 30 with 2662 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 21:50 - Jul 30 by TheSelkirk

You really do know absolutely nothing about me, but then I suspect ignorance has never stopped you reaching a judgement before.

Fine effort but really wasted on me.

Login to get fewer ads

Scapegoat update on 22:07 - Jul 30 with 2654 viewsTheSelkirk

Scapegoat update on 21:55 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are quite welcome to dislike posts.

To downvote each and every post that suggests booing these players is wrong is a strange thing to do unless you support that action.

That is what identifies you as a numbskull not the act of downvoting in and of itself.

Care to enlighten me on why you did downvote each of the 4-5 posts you chose to do so?

I will happily enlighten you.

As I've already said, I fail to see the point of posts like this (and others) which continually stir up ill feeling between supporters as I, for one, cannot see how it is in any way productive. This includes posts from those who continue to take the opportunity to have a pop at MM post Mixit.

Most on here wanted a fresh start after last / previous seasons, albeit with varying opinions as to why it was necessary. We have that now and, in my opinion, we should now back the club / manager / players to the hilt and hope that it brings greater levels of success than we have experienced for a long while.

FYI, I do not boo our players, never have and never will. But I am entitled to an opinion on here and elsewhere. It may not mirror the opinions of others but life would be considerably more boring if we all thought / acted in the same way, wouldn't it.

I hope this explains to your satisfaction...
Scapegoat update on 22:13 - Jul 30 with 2645 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Scapegoat update on 22:07 - Jul 30 by TheSelkirk

I will happily enlighten you.

As I've already said, I fail to see the point of posts like this (and others) which continually stir up ill feeling between supporters as I, for one, cannot see how it is in any way productive. This includes posts from those who continue to take the opportunity to have a pop at MM post Mixit.

Most on here wanted a fresh start after last / previous seasons, albeit with varying opinions as to why it was necessary. We have that now and, in my opinion, we should now back the club / manager / players to the hilt and hope that it brings greater levels of success than we have experienced for a long while.

FYI, I do not boo our players, never have and never will. But I am entitled to an opinion on here and elsewhere. It may not mirror the opinions of others but life would be considerably more boring if we all thought / acted in the same way, wouldn't it.

I hope this explains to your satisfaction...

It certainly does and I am happy with that. I withdraw my accusation of "numbskull" but I hope you can see where it came from.

If you expect to have the right to give your opinion (which is fine), perhaps you will accept that the OP was giving his on the fact there are already people identifying a number of players in a tone that suggests they will be the focus of discontent. If that is an over-reaction I (and I am sure he too) will be glad.

I actually wish we could all move on from MM but there are many who still haven't moved on from managers prior to him. Let's all unite behind Hurst and the team, whatever team he puts out.

Scapegoat update on 22:50 - Jul 30 with 2614 viewsMattinLondon

Scapegoat update on 21:32 - Jul 30 by agentp

Sorry" didn't realise Mick had a copywright on it. Has he reserved all rights to Fcuk off as well.

“I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.”
Scapegoat update on 22:53 - Jul 30 with 2612 viewsMattinLondon

Scapegoat update on 21:34 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Try it on the other names in our squad......I'll wait

Ok. Skuse and Jonas for starters. Others can join in if you have nowt better to do.
Scapegoat update on 22:58 - Jul 30 with 2608 viewsMrTown

Really? Think he had a very poor first game against Braintree, been very very good since? Haven't any intent of him being the boo boy, haven't seen any intent of anyone been the boo boy actually, and all the 'main' targets have had superb pre seasons, Chambers, Skuse (Knudsen on his way back).

Really I see no negativity around the club at the moment, and see this post as antagonising to cause argument for argument sake.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Scapegoat update on 23:03 - Jul 30 with 2602 viewsjeera

Scapegoat update on 22:58 - Jul 30 by MrTown

Really? Think he had a very poor first game against Braintree, been very very good since? Haven't any intent of him being the boo boy, haven't seen any intent of anyone been the boo boy actually, and all the 'main' targets have had superb pre seasons, Chambers, Skuse (Knudsen on his way back).

Really I see no negativity around the club at the moment, and see this post as antagonising to cause argument for argument sake.

Except he has a point. There'll be a scapegoat within a month.

As always.

If you're not keen on the thread you can always skip over it. Np.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Scapegoat update on 23:12 - Jul 30 with 2596 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 22:53 - Jul 30 by MattinLondon

Ok. Skuse and Jonas for starters. Others can join in if you have nowt better to do.

Lol you manage to choose 2 others from the scapegoat shortlist. Try again because apparently you can do it for all players.

Scapegoat update on 23:20 - Jul 30 with 2589 viewsMattinLondon

Scapegoat update on 23:12 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Lol you manage to choose 2 others from the scapegoat shortlist. Try again because apparently you can do it for all players.

Ok. All of them then.
Scapegoat update on 23:22 - Jul 30 with 2586 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 23:20 - Jul 30 by MattinLondon

Ok. All of them then.

1st tweet to appear for each when searched

Scapegoat update on 23:33 - Jul 30 with 2578 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 23:22 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Next 5 tweets under Spence itfc

A few lines further down

Plenty more

Scapegoat update on 02:28 - Jul 31 with 2536 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Scapegoat update on 23:33 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

Next 5 tweets under Spence itfc

A few lines further down

Plenty more

Spence seems to take criticism regardless of performances. He's been given sponsors MOTM on some occasions and still gets a hammeringby by some fans.

Spence, Gerken, Knudsen, Chambers, Skuse,Sears, Adeyemi all likely to be scapegoats at some point.
Scapegoat update on 05:14 - Jul 31 with 2508 viewsBenters2

Grow up FFS!

As a numbskull ive never booed any of town players and knowing a fair few other numbskulls they are the same.

Boo a manager yes force a change.

Thank you and good night.

TGM

TN.
Scapegoat update on 07:32 - Jul 31 with 2458 viewsimsureazzure

Scapegoat update on 05:14 - Jul 31 by Benters2

Grow up FFS!

As a numbskull ive never booed any of town players and knowing a fair few other numbskulls they are the same.

Boo a manager yes force a change.

Thank you and good night.

TGM

TN.

The insult 'numbskull' is by and large used to make those who were proved wrong about MM feel superior.

The club desperately required change those who stayed away elicited that change, those who have booed our own players could realistically be labelled numbskulls but it shows a lack of vocabulary to use it ad nauseum, it loses it's sting.

Spence is our player and I genuinely hope that he has a great season, I have severe doubts though given past performances.
Scapegoat update on 07:37 - Jul 31 with 2458 viewsagentp

Scapegoat update on 22:50 - Jul 30 by MattinLondon

“I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.”

Lol do you realise the huge backfire in that statement? Guessing not.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Scapegoat update on 08:01 - Jul 31 with 2432 viewsBenters2

Scapegoat update on 07:32 - Jul 31 by imsureazzure

The insult 'numbskull' is by and large used to make those who were proved wrong about MM feel superior.

The club desperately required change those who stayed away elicited that change, those who have booed our own players could realistically be labelled numbskulls but it shows a lack of vocabulary to use it ad nauseum, it loses it's sting.

Spence is our player and I genuinely hope that he has a great season, I have severe doubts though given past performances.

Like i have said on many occasions,why didnt those Happy Clappers out sing dem Numbskulls?

Rather than just roll up and accept anything that Dinomick told them including how great he was.
Scapegoat update on 08:07 - Jul 31 with 2428 viewstextbackup

Scapegoat update on 23:22 - Jul 30 by Bluefish

RB is our weakest position, theres nothing horrifically nasty about stating that, nobody is booed or bullied ffs.

I think you have a massive hangover from last year and genuinely believe yourself to be such a superfan that now you'll look for any little negative to stick your oar into.

why not practice what you were preaching last season, everyone just support? stupid digs on here and trying cause arguments isn't doing the one thing you wanted for the last 2 seasons.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scapegoat update on 08:27 - Jul 31 with 2390 viewsKropotkin123

Scapegoat update on 08:07 - Jul 31 by textbackup

RB is our weakest position, theres nothing horrifically nasty about stating that, nobody is booed or bullied ffs.

I think you have a massive hangover from last year and genuinely believe yourself to be such a superfan that now you'll look for any little negative to stick your oar into.

why not practice what you were preaching last season, everyone just support? stupid digs on here and trying cause arguments isn't doing the one thing you wanted for the last 2 seasons.

Exactly what I was thinking. Zero proof that any of those commenting have or will boo Spence. Having a negative opinion about the strength we have in certain positions is realistic, as we are not the finished article.

When Hurst comes out and highlights we need a CB as we aren't strong enough in that area, does that mean he'll be booing the CBs against Blackburn? Both assertions are just as moronic in my eyes.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024