Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scapegoat update 20:40 - Jul 30 with 10169 viewsBluefish

There is a heavy push before the 1st game for Jordan Spence. Extra exaggeration shouty tactics being deployed to make sure he is the boo boy of choice for all numbskulls

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Scapegoat update on 08:29 - Jul 31 with 3010 viewsagentp

It’s funny how some like to associate the word numbskull so strongly with Mick. I use it in assiciarecti those who constantly whine or feel entitled.

I am all for the change. I was disappointed with Micks appointment and spent 5 years hoping it would end. But we have fans that, last year complained that we didn’t play youth and now complain we do.

One poster was complaining that he had defo info that we would not sign any more players. Moaned like duck and then a week later moaned we weren’t getting deals done. That’s asnumbskull. Nothing to do with Mick.

Just seems that Mick hurt so many fragile feelings calling people numbkulls and telling them to fcuk off. Personally Mick can call me all he wants. The one day words upset me I will officially become part of this namby pamby world. Micks a short arsed OAP. The day I worry about his words will never come.

As for players. If they pull on that blue shirt they will never get mocked by me. The manager will bring in and take out. I will support his faith.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 8:36]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Scapegoat update on 08:29 - Jul 31 with 3010 viewsartsbossbeard

Scapegoat update on 08:07 - Jul 31 by textbackup

RB is our weakest position, theres nothing horrifically nasty about stating that, nobody is booed or bullied ffs.

I think you have a massive hangover from last year and genuinely believe yourself to be such a superfan that now you'll look for any little negative to stick your oar into.

why not practice what you were preaching last season, everyone just support? stupid digs on here and trying cause arguments isn't doing the one thing you wanted for the last 2 seasons.

I can see where he's coming from.

I'd have no problem if the chat was "We're weak at XXXXX and I really don't think XXXX is up to the job. Anyone seen the youths? Is there someone decent coming through? How about that young XXXX at XXXX club?"

Perfect.

The issue, for me, is that instead it's simply "XXXXX is gash!" "XXXX is sh1t" "What Hurst sees in XXXX amazes me, he's a liability!!!!11!!!"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Scapegoat update on 08:30 - Jul 31 with 3002 viewschicoazul

It'll be Spence or Ward.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Scapegoat update on 08:30 - Jul 31 with 3001 viewsMullet

Scapegoat update on 08:27 - Jul 31 by Kropotkin123

Exactly what I was thinking. Zero proof that any of those commenting have or will boo Spence. Having a negative opinion about the strength we have in certain positions is realistic, as we are not the finished article.

When Hurst comes out and highlights we need a CB as we aren't strong enough in that area, does that mean he'll be booing the CBs against Blackburn? Both assertions are just as moronic in my eyes.

Wasn't that once he sold a CB and one was sent back from loan? Hardly a great comparison when the initial argument is so weak anyway.

You'll get people booing, tutting and moaning after Saturday regardless in some small number and it'll grow any time there's something poor happening.

What's been funnier is Hurst coming out and backing Chambers and Skuse and that handful suddenly shifting on their feet because of it. Blubbers should have gone with that for some solid trolling.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Scapegoat update on 08:32 - Jul 31 with 2990 viewsartsbossbeard

Scapegoat update on 08:30 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

It'll be Spence or Ward.

I'll chuck Knudsen into this mix too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Scapegoat update on 08:34 - Jul 31 with 2981 viewschicoazul

Scapegoat update on 08:32 - Jul 31 by artsbossbeard

I'll chuck Knudsen into this mix too.

Hmmm maybe. Left backs do get it more than most positions at ITFC. But Knudsen doesnt quite fit the profile.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Scapegoat update on 08:34 - Jul 31 with 2980 viewsReuser_is_God

Can’t beliebe there is actually a thread debating who this seasons scapegoat will be.

We’ve not had a genuine scapegoat since Matt Richards FSS.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Scapegoat update on 08:37 - Jul 31 with 2967 viewsartsbossbeard

Scapegoat update on 08:34 - Jul 31 by Reuser_is_God

Can’t beliebe there is actually a thread debating who this seasons scapegoat will be.

We’ve not had a genuine scapegoat since Matt Richards FSS.

Douglas?

Login to get fewer ads

Scapegoat update on 08:46 - Jul 31 with 2938 viewschicoazul

Scapegoat update on 08:37 - Jul 31 by artsbossbeard

Douglas?

Mings got some stick and boos too. "He's an afffflete not a footballer!!"

Scapegoat update on 08:55 - Jul 31 with 2926 viewstractorshark

Douglas?

For me, the disappointment with Douglas was he was clearly a decent player but his best days had long since passed.
I think most people will have looked at that signing and his record and seen it as a positive move.
Unfortunately his lack of mobility, coupled with a functional but turgid partnership with Skuse, made for justifiable criticism, even if some of the personal abuse was way over the top.
Scapegoat update on 09:10 - Jul 31 with 2907 viewsReuser_is_God

Douglas?

I considered Douglas but concluded he was more comedy figure than scapegoat.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Scapegoat update on 09:12 - Jul 31 with 2896 viewstextbackup

Scapegoat update on 08:29 - Jul 31 by artsbossbeard

I can see where he's coming from.

I'd have no problem if the chat was "We're weak at XXXXX and I really don't think XXXX is up to the job. Anyone seen the youths? Is there someone decent coming through? How about that young XXXX at XXXX club?"

Perfect.

The issue, for me, is that instead it's simply "XXXXX is gash!" "XXXX is sh1t" "What Hurst sees in XXXX amazes me, he's a liability!!!!11!!!"

we aren't the only club this will happen at, it'll be fan of every single pro and semi pro club in the world.

and this isn't a new thing, its been happening since forever.

really don't see why those that want to discuss its sensibly cant do so whilst ignoring those that don't offer anything but "he's sht"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scapegoat update on 09:16 - Jul 31 with 2881 viewstractorshark

Spence is OK, he’s not outstanding but he’s fairly solid.
Iorfa was far more disappointing last season. I always laughed at that chant because he always gave the ball away.
Scapegoat update on 09:16 - Jul 31 with 2880 viewstextbackup

Douglas?

but he was terrible, and as yet not seen anyone able to suggest a single thing he added to the team

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Scapegoat update on 09:22 - Jul 31 with 2866 viewsartsbossbeard

Scapegoat update on 09:16 - Jul 31 by textbackup

but he was terrible, and as yet not seen anyone able to suggest a single thing he added to the team

He was indeed past his prime when he came here, no doubt. RIG mentioned that we'd not had a proper fan's scapegoat since Matt Richards, so I offered JD who, for many, epitomised MM's footballing style.

Scapegoat update on 09:23 - Jul 31 with 2864 viewsKropotkin123

Scapegoat update on 08:30 - Jul 31 by Mullet

Wasn't that once he sold a CB and one was sent back from loan? Hardly a great comparison when the initial argument is so weak anyway.

You'll get people booing, tutting and moaning after Saturday regardless in some small number and it'll grow any time there's something poor happening.

What's been funnier is Hurst coming out and backing Chambers and Skuse and that handful suddenly shifting on their feet because of it. Blubbers should have gone with that for some solid trolling.

I wasn't aspiring to greatness, as I said, both assertions would be equally moronic.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Scapegoat update on 09:24 - Jul 31 with 2862 viewsMattinLondon

Scapegoat update on 08:29 - Jul 31 by agentp

It’s funny how some like to associate the word numbskull so strongly with Mick. I use it in assiciarecti those who constantly whine or feel entitled.

I am all for the change. I was disappointed with Micks appointment and spent 5 years hoping it would end. But we have fans that, last year complained that we didn’t play youth and now complain we do.

One poster was complaining that he had defo info that we would not sign any more players. Moaned like duck and then a week later moaned we weren’t getting deals done. That’s asnumbskull. Nothing to do with Mick.

Just seems that Mick hurt so many fragile feelings calling people numbkulls and telling them to fcuk off. Personally Mick can call me all he wants. The one day words upset me I will officially become part of this namby pamby world. Micks a short arsed OAP. The day I worry about his words will never come.

As for players. If they pull on that blue shirt they will never get mocked by me. The manager will bring in and take out. I will support his faith.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 8:36]

Well done you. Bravo.
Scapegoat update on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 2852 viewsartsbossbeard

Scapegoat update on 09:16 - Jul 31 by tractorshark

Iorfa was far more disappointing last season. I always laughed at that chant because he always gave the ball away.

He was absolutely magnificent at Norwich away AND kept their decent wide player tied up at the wrong end of the pitch. He gets a bye from me for this performance alone.

Scapegoat update on 09:56 - Jan 9 with 2210 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 10:02 - Jan 9 with 2198 viewschicoazul

Scapegoat update on 08:30 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

It'll be Spence or Ward.

Das it mane.

Scapegoat update on 14:00 - Jan 9 with 2160 viewsBluesquid

Scapegoat update on 09:16 - Jul 31 by tractorshark

Solid? You need to watch this mate...

Oh and i really don't think Spence is up to the job.

Scapegoat update on 14:12 - Jan 9 with 2142 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 14:00 - Jan 9 by Bluesquid

Solid? You need to watch this mate...

Oh and i really don't think Spence is up to the job.

Just watch a few, which ones are Spence's fault? I'll give you Hull definitely but i expect I can find plenty more for Pennington, Bart, gerken and Chambers

Scapegoat update on 14:18 - Jan 9 with 2131 viewsBluesquid

Scapegoat update on 14:12 - Jan 9 by Bluefish

Just watch a few, which ones are Spence's fault? I'll give you Hull definitely but i expect I can find plenty more for Pennington, Bart, gerken and Chambers

About 9 including the Accrington game where he gave away a needless freekick that led to the goal.
Scapegoat update on 14:20 - Jan 9 with 2124 viewsBluefish

Scapegoat update on 14:18 - Jan 9 by Bluesquid

About 9 including the Accrington game where he gave away a needless freekick that led to the goal.

Free kicks or corners are not giving away goals. That is ridiculous especially when multiple people then fail to defend it. We give away lots of free kicks in out own half.

Scapegoat update on 14:22 - Jan 9 with 2118 viewsLeagueOne

Scapegoat update on 21:13 - Jul 30 by agentp

But numbskulls have poor memory spans.

Last season Mick didn't play youth. Now they are too inexperienced
Last season we only bought journeymen now we buy inexperienced L1/2 players.

Just two examples of numbskullery.

Anyway I'm torn between Sears/Spence.

Can we have odds on the biggest flouncer too? accumulators and all that.

This is the funniest response.The numbskulls as you put it, were right in this case and you were wrong, again.

Maybe try not having digs and turn up to a game once in a while?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024