Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" 18:12 - Aug 1 with 5897 viewsWacko

🤔

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:18 - Aug 2 with 1236 viewsZedRodgers

Claus Jensen

No, not at the moment

(No subject) on 09:25 - Aug 2 with 1231 viewsJohnWarksTash

(No subject) on 20:29 - Aug 1 by artsbossbeard

Shut the fridge door!!!

Andy Carroll? Wowzers.

If I remember rightly we were offered him for just over £1mill and it fell through...the next season he went to Liverpool for £10mill.....
"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:27 - Aug 2 with 1222 viewsBenters2

Balls is it.

Its one of my favourite counties,second only to the South of Cornwall.

Take the said player to Orford or Framlingham they are beautiful.

A short train ride to London,walk up the steps the first thing you see is the HH full of thick numbskulls,what more in life could you ask for?
(No subject) on 09:32 - Aug 2 with 1219 viewsPhilTWTD

(No subject) on 09:25 - Aug 2 by JohnWarksTash

If I remember rightly we were offered him for just over £1mill and it fell through...the next season he went to Liverpool for £10mill.....

Was only a loan, we were never offered him as a permanent signing.
"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 1192 viewsNo9

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 18:19 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

I always laughed at Mick making out Suffolk was miles from civilisation. Ipswich is an hour from London ffs.

But a long time driving a big car from where he lived to ipswich
"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:44 - Aug 2 with 1193 viewsSuperfrans

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 18:19 - Aug 1 by Wacko

Very true. So as expected it was nothing to do with geography and all to do with strategy

Yes, of course, it's always just one thing.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:51 - Aug 2 with 1190 viewsSuperfrans

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 08:16 - Aug 2 by PositivelyPortman

Yes it is.
I regularly travelled from Leytonstone to Ipswich in less than an hour.

I live half a mile in Leytonstone. Yes, you could (in theory) travel from the Green Man roundabout to the Belstead Brook roundabout in just under an hour. But, a, that would have to be at about 3am in the morning and, b, Belstead Brook isn't "Ipswich", Leytonstone isn't "London". You can add an extra half hour at each end, and that's at 3am.

Mick lived South East London and would have been driving up around 5-6am. Two hours easy...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:59 - Aug 2 with 1179 viewsWacko

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:51 - Aug 2 by Superfrans

I live half a mile in Leytonstone. Yes, you could (in theory) travel from the Green Man roundabout to the Belstead Brook roundabout in just under an hour. But, a, that would have to be at about 3am in the morning and, b, Belstead Brook isn't "Ipswich", Leytonstone isn't "London". You can add an extra half hour at each end, and that's at 3am.

Mick lived South East London and would have been driving up around 5-6am. Two hours easy...

Most importantly it's 1.5 hrs from Portman Road to Faces nightclub

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 10:04 - Aug 2 with 1179 viewsitfcjoe

(No subject) on 20:38 - Aug 1 by artsbossbeard

I'm good mates with Allan Hunters' son and Big Al is still in the area. Bryan Hamilton still lives locally, The Beat, Brazil, Warky.

I make Damien spot on.

What I'd heard from Damien that Ipswich is just exceptionally boring if you are a young player.

Found it difficult if you weren't settled with families, and sometimes those players were a bit happy to coast as were set. Young kids here really struggled and were always back up and down to London

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 10:05 - Aug 2 with 1174 viewsitfcjoe

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 08:08 - Aug 2 by PrideOfTheEast

It’s not though is it.

A very real issue and the point is not whether we can attract players to the area ahead of a Shrewsbury or Blackpool but a mid 20s player might prefer to play in a major town or city. Plenty of examples of young loanees not being overly keen.

Also, Ipswich requires a relocation from nearly every club.

If you live in the Midlands, there are half a dozen Championship clubs you could move to without having to move house, more in the North West.

So it's more difficult to get them to come here if one of those clubs is interested - it doesn't strike me as an excuse, but is just obvious

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 10:19 - Aug 2 with 1148 viewsagentp

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:27 - Aug 2 by Benters2

Balls is it.

Its one of my favourite counties,second only to the South of Cornwall.

Take the said player to Orford or Framlingham they are beautiful.

A short train ride to London,walk up the steps the first thing you see is the HH full of thick numbskulls,what more in life could you ask for?

South Cornwall that's specific

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 10:20 - Aug 2 with 1144 viewsagentp

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 10:05 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Also, Ipswich requires a relocation from nearly every club.

If you live in the Midlands, there are half a dozen Championship clubs you could move to without having to move house, more in the North West.

So it's more difficult to get them to come here if one of those clubs is interested - it doesn't strike me as an excuse, but is just obvious

This.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

(No subject) on 10:23 - Aug 2 with 1139 viewsPhilTWTD

(No subject) on 20:33 - Aug 1 by olimar

I remember a really good interview with Damien Delaney where he also acknowledged that its a tough sell to relocate to Suffolk, but once youre there you dont want to leave.

I think Magilton said the same previously (or someone else).
Its probably a better fit for the older players to settle with families, than the young uns.

That is true, Magilton was initially quite reluctant to move here on a permanent basis.
"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 10:36 - Aug 2 with 1123 viewsmonty_radio

"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 09:51 - Aug 2 by Superfrans

Regularly drive (legally) from near to Playford Rd to London (Hampstead). Always reckon on 65-70 mins to M25, then the real journey begins. Hampstead (central, North London) often another hour and a half - or an hour late on.

So, 2hrs plus from training ground to average London destination.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

(No subject) on 10:54 - Aug 2 with 1111 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

(No subject) on 09:25 - Aug 2 by JohnWarksTash

He went to Liverpool for £35 million

He then went on to sign for West Ham for £15 million
"It's harder to attract players over to Suffolk" on 11:17 - Aug 2 with 1093 viewsNo9

This has been the case for a very long time now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024