Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn 22:48 - Aug 7 with 4395 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Why is the completion of the 'Shrews' deal reliant on the Waghorn deal?
I would have thought it and the transfer fees spent so far were covered by the Webster transfer and the wage savings from Didz and the other exits.
I'd assumed that Waghorn's exit is being driven by him otherwise why unload him after just one year.
Our strategy is to develop youth and pick up bargains. What's the point though if we sell them after just a year.
I'm very optimistic about this season and we've done well to retain Bart but if we are really going for promotion in a few seasons it's odd that we seem to be accepting that Waghorn is gone without offering a new competitive contract and that Jonas and Garner may go.

It's not that we really needed to completely rebuild the team.

And what happened with ME's promised statement about our academy products being lured away?
Waghorn on 22:53 - Aug 7 with 4353 viewsITFCBlues

We got around 3m for Webster & that has been spent on the signings we’ve made thus far

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Waghorn on 22:54 - Aug 7 with 4350 viewsJ2BLUE

We need the money to pay the fees.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Waghorn on 22:54 - Aug 7 with 4347 viewskizaitfc

Not all about the money, if we keep Waghorn do we need Nolan?

PH also wants Tilt and Jackson so may prefer to sign them if the extra funds werent available

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Waghorn on 22:57 - Aug 7 with 4335 viewsTrequartista

A dollar billionaire won't sanction £2m for 2 vitally needed players in case £5m doesn't come in from elsewhere, even though we're already over £2m up on the budget we had last summer.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Waghorn on 23:35 - Aug 7 with 4185 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Waghorn on 22:57 - Aug 7 by Trequartista

A dollar billionaire won't sanction £2m for 2 vitally needed players in case £5m doesn't come in from elsewhere, even though we're already over £2m up on the budget we had last summer.

Quite.
Waghorn on 23:44 - Aug 7 with 4169 viewsBinner

You dunnarf come out with some rubbish at times...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Waghorn on 00:06 - Aug 8 with 4116 viewsGuthrum

As I put in the other thread:

Annual £5 transfer budget.... by Guthrum 8 Aug 2018 0:01
Except, of course, Evans doesn't have £765 'in his back pocket'. It's primarily a valuation of the company he owns. I doubt he has more than 0.5% of that figure in available cash.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Waghorn on 07:25 - Aug 8 with 3881 viewsJon_456

How much longer are you going to continue moaning about spending money we don't have?

As others have stated ME doesn't simply have £765m in cash readily available and even if he did, its not a sustainable way to run a club by pumping 5-7m a year in without return.
Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn on 07:32 - Aug 8 with 3847 viewsdistractored

If clubs get in debt it generally means banks are involved.
Waghorn on 07:58 - Aug 8 with 3757 viewsStadiumofdark

What a load of tosh.
Waghorn on 08:09 - Aug 8 with 3710 viewsBlueBadger

Waghorn on 07:25 - Aug 8 by Jon_456

How much longer are you going to continue moaning about spending money we don't have?

As others have stated ME doesn't simply have £765m in cash readily available and even if he did, its not a sustainable way to run a club by pumping 5-7m a year in without return.

Lots of people on here seem very keen on the Derby model of financing your football club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Waghorn on 08:26 - Aug 8 with 3668 viewsberkstractorboy

Its exactly this. I've read elsewhere if Waghorn stays we don't need Nolan as much as we need to use the money to invest elsewhere like CB.

Also I think Windass may still happen if Garner is off so could be an interesting 34 odd hours
Waghorn on 08:32 - Aug 8 with 3648 viewsuefacup81

Regarding the statement, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has had a quiet word in his ear. Remember how the Accrington chairman spoke out last season, and was politely reminded that the solidarity payments was something the Premier League *chooses* to do?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Waghorn on 09:23 - Aug 8 with 3594 viewsitfcjoe

Think it's clear Hurst has been told he needs to sell to buy and he feels the £5m he can get for Waggy will be better invested in 3 or more players

He said last week that he'd been expecting to use the loan market mostly until Webster went

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Waghorn on 15:05 - Aug 8 with 3514 viewsJ2BLUE

A dollar billionaire?!?! Wow you really are transparent with your agenda. We pay fees in pounds.

Is your net worth higher than £53,750? You're an Indonesian Rupiah billionaire! Pay for the players yourself.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Waghorn on 15:11 - Aug 8 with 3484 viewsurbanblue

Waghorn on 09:23 - Aug 8 by itfcjoe

Think it's clear Hurst has been told he needs to sell to buy and he feels the £5m he can get for Waggy will be better invested in 3 or more players

He said last week that he'd been expecting to use the loan market mostly until Webster went

Indeed and I reckon there was never any doubt Waghorn would go despite saying all the right things about wanting to keep him for the fans benefit.

PH would have been salivating like a kid in a sweet shop at the thought of what he could do with the money. Probably why we have only just picked up the Shrewsbury lads .... Many were wondering why that didn't happen earlier.
Waghorn on 15:11 - Aug 8 with 3484 viewsBlueDiamond

Waghorn on 15:05 - Aug 8 by J2BLUE

A dollar billionaire?!?! Wow you really are transparent with your agenda. We pay fees in pounds.

Is your net worth higher than £53,750? You're an Indonesian Rupiah billionaire! Pay for the players yourself.

My guess is that ME does not want to increase his overdraft.

But at some point, if he ever wants to get into the Prem, he is going to have to spend some money.

This model will keep us in the Championship forever which is simply causing him to have to subsidise the Club. Since that is in the form of loans from him to the Club it gradually makes it less likely that any other potential owner is going to want to pay him what he claims he is owed, in addition to a figure for the Club.

Financially none of it makes much sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024